Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Nova Got An Energy Capacity Bonus...

Marthrym

...Just like Loki.

So I am making ANOTHER thread (the third now I believe?) BEGGING the devs to rethink the "bonus" (you can't seriously call it that) they gave to Nyx Prime. The infamous (and useless/completely unwarranted) 35 points of armor Nyx Prime got.

I'm sorry, I really am, but after seing Nova Prime getting the energy bonus, just like Loki Prime, I cannot remain silent (though technically I still am).

Dear devs, you HAVE (strong word I know, who am I to demand anything, and yet so appropriate a word here IMHO) to give Nyx Prime the same bonus Loki and Nova Prime got. Why? Well, as I mentioned in my other threads concerning Nyx Prime, energy is the bonus that FITS her the best. It MAKES SENSE for Nyx Prime to get this bonus too, especially with the current Absorb. I'll ask again, WHY armor? It does NOT fit her kit. Her playstyle. So please, for the love of the Lotus, and Nyx herself, remove the crappy armor bonus, and do her justice for once, give her the energy bonus she deserves and needs. Please. Pretty please? I beg you!

I know many don't care, I know this comes off as a crybaby rant, I'm most probably going to take a lot of flak for it, and as I mentioned many times, I am very much biased and "passionate" when it comes to my favourite frame, Nyx. But I honestly don't care anymore. I just want "justice". And logic that serves the game, for once. It's not unheard of, changes to frames. So don't tell me this cannot be done, I wouldn't believe it. We've seen stranger, more radical changes in Warframe. I just want consistency to win at least once in Warframe. Nyx Prime deserves a real "bonus" stat, not this... disgrace. Seriously, someone at DE hates her, it's the only explanation I can come up with that backs up such a decision. And don't give me the whole "it's to make her less of a niche frame" BS. Look at Loki and Nova. EXACT same situation for them. So please, dear devs, think about it. I'm begging you.

EDIT : Notice I didn't mention the fact Nova Prime received not one, but TWO bonus stats to boot.^^'

Edited by Marthrym

As much as I would like that Nyx got a decent prime buff, I doubt it is gonna happen.

I guess we just have to content ourselves with the Lokis and Novas running around with Primed Flow and Primed Streamline spamming abilities since the beggining of the match, Rhino Primes with Arcane Vanguard outrunning you and Nyx Prime, surviving 0,001 second more than it's regular counterpart.

Are you guys even forgetting that Frost, Ember, Excalibur, and Mag don't have any special passive's? I bet they would love extra armor or energy! Instead of complaining about the frames that did get those buffs, what about those that dont?

How is that for 'justice' and 'constistency?'

Edited by TerraNovaX

Are you guys even forgetting that Frost, Ember, Excalibur, and Mag don't have any special passive's? I bet they would love extra armor or energy! Instead of complaining about the frames that did get those buffs, what about those that dont?

Then give them all buffs. Buffs that MATCH how they are played.

I vote for extra armor and an increase in movement speed for Frost Prime.

But seriously, Frost Prime could benefit from a 0.1 higher base movement speed.

They just wanted Nova Prime to sell well. Why do you think they suddenly primed her in the first place? Energy + shield buff, fair indeed. Not to mention the update 15 with Nova in the spotlight while the new frame Limbo was shafted in the corner.

DE favors Nova, that's why.

You're right, they should be mentioned too, sorry.

That makes barely a difference ._.

It actually makes quite the difference, especially with how mods work.

I have to admit that TWO bonuses for Nova kinda screams either DE are fans of Nova, or they really only wanted to make good dough by cattering to Nova fanboys/girls (no insult intended toward Nova fans, I like her too^^).

They just wanted Nova Prime to sell well. Why do you think they suddenly primed her in the first place? Energy + shield buff, fair indeed. Not to mention the update 15 with Nova in the spotlight while the new frame Limbo was shafted in the corner.

DE favors Nova, that's why.

I don't want to scream black helicopters, but it is indeed awfully suspicious.^^'

EDIt : Let's just not jump to conclusion and turn this thread into a dev bashing one, I'd like to keep it open.

Edited by Marthrym

I wouldn't call them useless. Besides why should the Primes even have increased stats in the first place?

Because apparently, since they are "Primed" versions, they "should" be better than their "regular" counterparts. Or something like that. No idea who pushed this through.^^'

IMO, you're missing the point, OP.

I think that they gave Nyx the armour buff because the energy buff would suit her more. The buffs are supposed to be small, not something that makes the vanilla version a completely inferior choice that would be silly to use.

Loki has never needed energy. If you run out of energy with him, you're doing something wrong. Nyx however, can use every last drop of her energy quite easily with her Absorb. For one of these frames, the boost is insignificant, for the other it is not. I would go as far as to say Nyx's is better than Loki's, because at least her armour boost passively affects her, even if negligibly. Loki's literally will never come into play because you'll never use that much energy.

...Just like Loki.

So I am making ANOTHER thread (the third now I believe?) BEGGING the devs to rethink the "bonus" (you can't seriously call it that) they gave to Nyx Prime. The infamous (and useless/completely unwarranted) 35 points of armor Nyx Prime got.

I'm sorry, I really am, but after seing Nova Prime getting the energy bonus, just like Loki Prime, I cannot remain silent (though technically I still am).

Dear devs, you HAVE (strong word I know, who am I to demand anything, and yet so appropriate a word here IMHO) to give Nyx Prime the same bonus Loki and Nova Prime got. Why? Well, as I mentioned in my other threads concerning Nyx Prime, energy is the bonus that FITS her the best. It MAKES SENSE for Nyx Prime to get this bonus too, especially with the current Absorb. I'll ask again, WHY armor? It does NOT fit her kit. Her playstyle. So please, for the love of the Lotus, and Nyx herself, remove the crappy armor bonus, and do her justice for once, give her the energy bonus she deserves and needs. Please. Pretty please? I beg you!

I know many don't care, I know this comes off as a crybaby rant, I'm most probably going to take a lot of flak for it, and as I mentioned many times, I am very much biased and "passionate" when it comes to my favourite frame, Nyx. But I honestly don't care anymore. I just want "justice". And logic that serves the game, for once. It's not unheard of, changes to frames. So don't tell me this cannot be done, I wouldn't believe it. We've seen stranger, more radical changes in Warframe. I just want consistency to win at least once in Warframe. Nyx Prime deserves a real "bonus" stat, not this... disgrace. Seriously, someone at DE hates her, it's the only explanation I can come up with that backs up such a decision. And don't give me the whole "it's to make her less of a niche frame" BS. Look at Loki and Nova. EXACT same situation for them. So please, dear devs, think about it. I'm begging you.

EDIT : Notice I didn't mention the fact Nova Prime received not one, but TWO bonus stats to boot.^^'

Nova Prime not only got an armor buff (like Nyx)

She also got a max energy buff (like Loki)

She also got extra polarities (like every Prime)

She also got higher shields.

Where other Primes got 2 buffs AT MOST, Nova Prime gets 4.

2+2

Edited by Grulos

Nova Prime not only got an armor buff (like Nyx)

She also got a max energy buff (like Loki)

She also got extra polarities (like every Prime)

She also got higher shields.

Don't forget the swanky new armour animations when she performs various actions. I can't wait to see what prime warframes will look like once we get close to the end. They'll come with their own game modes most likely.

All those people calling for Ash, Volt, Trinity Prime should be pleased that they've waited until this point, because they'll just be getting better.

Don't forget the swanky new armour animations when she performs various actions. I can't wait to see what prime warframes will look like once we get close to the end. They'll come with their own game modes most likely.

All those people calling for Ash, Volt, Trinity Prime should be pleased that they've waited until this point, because they'll just be getting better.

And all old Primes will still suck for eternities to come.

Great....

IMO, you're missing the point, OP.

I think that they gave Nyx the armour buff because the energy buff would suit her more. The buffs are supposed to be small, not something that makes the vanilla version a completely inferior choice that would be silly to use.

Loki has never needed energy. If you run out of energy with him, you're doing something wrong. Nyx however, can use every last drop of her energy quite easily with her Absorb. For one of these frames, the boost is insignificant, for the other it is not. I would go as far as to say Nyx's is better than Loki's, because at least her armour boost passively affects her, even if negligibly. Loki's literally will never come into play because you'll never use that much energy.

Not the first time you use this argument, which doesn't hold by the way. Because it's exactly the same with Nova and Loki. I have many Loki Prime mains as friends who strongly disagree with you on Loki Prime not needing all he energy he can get, especially with energy leeches and whatnot. Need I mention his latest augment? I think not.

And explain Nova then. Several buffs for her. Defend this please. Or make me understand why? Shields were her "weakness", and that weakness was adressed with the buff. Shouldn't she get something she doesn't "need"? Since it's apparently the line you defend? Your argument simply doesnt hold here. It makes no sense. 35 armor points don't help Nyx in any way, nor do they compensate any weakness she has. Armor, no matter how much, doesn't FIT Nyx. She deosn't NEED armor. She mitigates damage by CONTROL, NOT "ta(n)king" it. It's not about making every frame able to do everything, OR making them too niche to do more than one thing. But frames have their forte, not playing/relying on them is just as much "not doing it right" in my book.

Loki and Nova rely on their kits to stay alive and control the flow of combat, just like Nyx. But strangely enough, I don't see you using the same argument with them... Double standards much?

Armor doesn't complement Nyx Prime AT ALL. It's just NOT HER. Nova has more shields (and energy). Is it her? Does it fit her? I know everything is subjective, but clearly Nyx got the raw end of the deal here.

EDIT : Also, as someone mentioned earlier, other Primes still don't have any "bonus". It's been a while now. Tweaking a stat can't take that much resources and effort. Or can it?^^'

Edited by Marthrym

...Just like Loki.

Look at it this way, she got 3 V polarities when there's no reason to use 3 V mods.

Excaliber prime has faster shield regen but no one gives a F*** about dat