Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Is Great But It Needs More.

MetroidHunter26

I LOVE Archwing!! and the Event for the fomorians is super great! Especially if you get some epic Pump up music or impending doom type music playing to get you going!

The problem is that the controls are very clunky and the level design (Save for the fomorian event one) are very open ended specifically for exterminate.

Archwing should feel linear than the missions were used to.

Free Roam missions are exempt from this. What I'm specifically talking about is exterminate missions. They're linear enough but can't help but feel the never ending vents hurt it. Especially if you go in a wrong one and get a dead end.

If Archwing had a little more linear level design that made sense and had a better flow to tell you where your going then it will allow for faster pace missions and cooler experiences when playing.

However should you NOT go this route of linearity you can make it so exploring missions is a plus and can find floating containers that can contain a mod or a large amount of resources since these levels are very large. 

This applies only to exterminate missions and there aren't really a whole lot of them but it would make the experience so much more exciting than what it currently is.

Another issue is controls. 

As of now they're the same for everything.

I urge you to change it so it has it's own separate controls!

It be great to have barrel rolling and u-turns added as well for better maneuverability.

I use a controller but this still can translate well to keyboard too...maybe...

5nhvkcO.png

This is pretty standard flight controls but are perfect for Archwing missions. Having regular controls mixed in with Archwing controls hurts the overall experience. I remember during the archwing update DE changed the control scheme so it messed up keybindings and controller bindings too. The controls for Ground missions are spot on before this and I still use them. Archwing needs a separate control keybinding option for more added customization and easier transitions.

Another thing is the way we bounce when we hit things. Tone that down a bit is all I ask since it's very silly. Maybe an april fools thing, Nightmare alert effect, or an April Fools thing but it just makes it feel like your Warframe is a rubber ball bouncing everywhere. Have it like a huge impact and make us actually say "Ouch...probably should be a little more careful."

Other than that those are ideas to help Archwing feel a little more complete.

Edit:

Added things to consider thanks to egregiousRac

There are only three problems I have with it: The planar lock, the UI and the damage falloff.

Planar Lock - We are in a zero-G environment. There is no reference plane, so why are our controls locked as if there is? Make the locking optional.

UI - The UI is the standard UI but with some worthless static flightsim-esque stuff tossed in around the crosshairs. It gives very little information and the minimap is worthless. We need a 3D compass to show what direction enemies and objectives are in. This is basic zero-G UI stuff.

Damage Falloff - Why do guns have falloff in a vacuum? We are working with massive distances and speeds, and yet guns become worthless at any distance.

Oh yeah, and a fourth thing, the melee combat. Who thought that 3D Sonic actually had good combat that was worth cloning? It is the least engaging combat system I have ever experienced. You are making very different melee weapons, but your combat system doesn't allow for them to act any different.

My thoughts:

Planar Lock: OMG I forgot about this! YES it really annoys me that this is a problem! 

UI: Yeah it needs to fit the Archwing motif better than just using a standard one. I like the 3D minimap. It would help A LOT in exterminate missions.

Damage Falloff: I noticed this recently it doesn't make sense at all and it just makes it so you have to go melee in times of desperation.

Melee combat feels REALLY clunky and you zoom to enemies too fast and hit walls sometimes which causes EXCESSIVE Bouncing.

Edited by MetroidHunter26

There are only three problems I have with it: The planar lock, the UI and the damage falloff.

Planar Lock - We are in a zero-G environment. There is no reference plane, so why are our controls locked as if there is? Make the locking optional.

UI - The UI is the standard UI but with some worthless static flightsim-esque stuff tossed in around the crosshairs. It gives very little information and the minimap is worthless. We need a 3D compass to show what direction enemies and objectives are in. This is basic zero-G UI stuff.

Damage Falloff - Why do guns have falloff in a vacuum? We are working with massive distances and speeds, and yet guns become worthless at any distance.

Oh yeah, and a fourth thing, the melee combat. Who thought that 3D Sonic actually had good combat that was worth cloning? It is the least engaging combat system I have ever experienced. You are making very different melee weapons, but your combat system doesn't allow for them to act any different.

Planar Lock: OMG I forgot about this! YES it really annoys me that this is a problem! 

UI: Yeah it needs to fit the Archwing motif better than just using a standard one. I like the 3D minimap. It would help A LOT in exterminate missions.

Damage Falloff: I noticed this recently it doesn't make sense at all and it just makes it so you have to go melee in times of desperation.

Melee combat feels REALLY clunky and you zoom to enemies too fast and hit walls sometimes which causes EXCESSIVE Bouncing.

Personal UI compass is a must;

When I zoom through corridors at high speed I don't have time to keep an eye on the minimap, or I'll crash into a wall and be subject to excessive bouncing (I like excessive bouncing, but only in the right place ;P)!

I always end up backtracking bc I've missed a junction...