Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: Eyes Of Blight Leaderboards.

[DE]Rebecca

They need to be punished. Pure and simple. This crap has been around for lots of events and it needs to stop. If anything do the Titanfall idea, and force the cheaters to play with other cheaters and save those of us who aren't scumbags the fallout of this bullS#&$.

Edit: I'm sick, fixed typos.

Edited by FREQ1989

We will certainly be checking in as a team and discussing how to deal with this issue (as event blunders seem par for the course), but please also be aware it is the Saturday of the Holiday weekend and we are a little on the under-manned presently, resulting in a more delayed decision making process than usual. I understand not everyone many sympathize with that, but it's the truth. 

Fair enough, not that much more needs to be done.

They need to be punished. Pure and simple. This crap has been around for lots of events and it needs to stop. If anything do the Titanfall idea, and force the cheaters to play with other cheaters and save those of us who are scumbags the fallout of this bullS#&$.

This has been this way for multiple events.

However, I think it should be noted, they dedicated themselves to finding the fastest way possible to rack up points, which I think deserves some merit.

Secondly, We wouldn't be finding these bugs and having them fixed were it not for these greedy, egotistical people.

They need to be punished. Pure and simple. This crap has been around for lots of events and it needs to stop. If anything do the Titanfall idea, and force the cheaters to play with other cheaters and save those of us who aren't scumbags the fallout of this bullS#&$.

Many events ? Please enlighten us, which events would these be exactly ?

No legit casual or hardcore player likes cheaters although good idea it would be better if they were suspended as a warning and if continued to exploit permanent termination the TOS post i put up 

11.  Account Termination

DIGITAL EXTREMES MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, BLOCK ACCESS TO OR DELETE THE SERVICE OR ANY ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.

Digital Extremes may at its option issue warnings and temporary suspensions and permanent terminations of Accounts for user violations. Digital Extremes retains the sole discretion as to when and how to impose warnings, penalties and/or disciplinary actions. DE considers the severity of the violation and the number of infractions in making the determination; however, any determination shall be under the absolute discretion of DE. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Digital Extremes always retains the right to terminate or suspend a User’s Account at any time for any reason, or for no reason, with or without any warnings and with or without notice.

No honor on that list

I totally agree, this is just a wall of shame. In other games such heavy exploiters get a warning and if they continue they get banned. Even in the EULA there is one point that can be interpreted as "no one is allowed to exploit the game to get those statues through the leaderboards".

"g. exploit the Software, the Service, the Game experience or any portion thereof for any commercial purpose, including without limitation, (i) use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site without the express written consent of Digital Extremes; (ii) for gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the Software; or (iii) performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Software (e.g., power-leveling and similar activities);"

In Warframe there is just a shrug and now the cheaters get an "honourable special leaderboard". This is a shame. Just. A. Shame.

DE, PLEASE... do something against the endless exploiters or take out that horrible leaderboards! Some days ago I saw in a survival weekly leaderboard that one single person has played one mission for 3 days! This is going nuts!

Many events ? Please enlighten us, which events would these be exactly ?

Most of them have had their issues. Breeding Grounds had to be fixed, and a scorecap added, Tethra had a whole slew of issues that got fixed.

They all get the treatment: bugs found, bugs removed, bugged scores reversed.

The entire system is flawed my clan info is not updated regularly.

I personally got better score that some of those clans. By not cheating..... I may not understand this flawed system..

A Clanmate and I recieved 1.7 mill and these clans are getting 600 + thousand I am confused.....

I totally agree, this is just a wall of shame. In other games such heavy exploiters get a warning and if they continue they get banned. Even in the EULA there is one point that can be interpreted as "no one is allowed to exploit the game to get those statues through the leaderboards".

"g. exploit the Software, the Service, the Game experience or any portion thereof for any commercial purpose, including without limitation, (i) use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site without the express written consent of Digital Extremes; (ii) for gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the Software; or (iii) performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Software (e.g., power-leveling and similar activities);"

In Warframe there is just a shrug and now the cheaters get an "honourable special leaderboard". This is a shame. Just. A. Shame.

DE, PLEASE... do something against the endless exploiters or take out that horrible leaderboards! Some days ago I saw in a survival weekly leaderboard that one single person has played one mission for 3 days! This is going nuts!

Actually, no it doesn't. "exploit the Software, the Service, the Game experience or any portion thereof for any commercial purpose, including without limitation," Is the important bit there. I don't think the statues would count as exploitation for commercial purposes.

Most of them have had their issues. Breeding Grounds had to be fixed, and a scorecap added, Tethra had a whole slew of issues that got fixed.

They all get the treatment: bugs found, bugs removed, bugged scores reversed.

Although Breeding Grounds wasn't the players that broke the cap's fault, it was DE's for thinking nobody would break it ? Just like the way Endless defenses used to have a level cap at 8035 on wave 99, and wave 101 would be glitched. And what I understood from your post is that there were many events having exploiters, whenever most of them were just huge grindwalls. My bad if I misunderstood you.

Highwinds rank 3 ? Psh, we're supposed to be 2, pls to update, on a side note, I just wasted a ton of resources since DE's resetting the leaderboards.

GG no re.

Edit : This almost feels like Breeding Grounds over again : punish the ones working way harder than others to make it on top of the Leaderboards, no wonder Tenn Os got sick of it.

Edit 2 : To the uhm, I don't want to use the word "dumbass", but I merely see another one to qualify the person that answered me, Tenn Os didn't use exploits, they were theorycraft gods. It consists in using what you're given at it's best potential, for maximized results, and they did a hell of a job at it. That's not exploiting the game, because you're not "cheating", you're using the tools that DE THEMSELVES gave you.

I've saw their YouTube vids, 6m on Vectis before sniper buff. 

Well according to all the good guys on here, Tenn Os were technically considered exploiters for grinding like hell, and finding ways to make end game setup work, basically, 6m damage on Vectis is exploiting, because you know, that's not what DE would want you to do.

Although Breeding Grounds wasn't the players that broke the cap's fault, it was DE's for thinking nobody would break it ? Just like the way Endless defenses used to have a level cap at 8035 on wave 99, and wave 101 would be glitched. And what I understood from your post is that there were many events having exploiters, whenever most of them were just huge grindwalls. My bad if I misunderstood you.

Frankly, when you introduce a potentially infinitely scaling challenge, you have to consider the limitations of your game.

DE didn't do this, and I don't necessarily blame them, but that is simply what happened, and things inevitably get "fixed" or removed because of it.

People are going to try and get the max score in an event. If this means exploiting, they may incidentally end up doing so.

Well minus the fact that has nothing to do with this event anyways, but yeah, it is. I got a friend that uses a Vectis all the time and never has numbers like that. Please stop trying to flame this thread.

He isn't. He's making a point using an example, and you're choosing not to acknowledge that.

Sometimes, things in the game don't work as intended. How are we supposed to know that? The only time we find out is when DE finds out and decides to fix or remove said part that is not working as intended.

- Clan Scoring considers the following: Your score is the most damage dealt to Fomorian Power Core in a given mission. Clan score is sum of personal best but divided by max clan size for that tier (ie: 10 for Ghost Clan, 1000 for Moon).

clan EGC- has scored 19million (mountian clan)-so lets take 19,000,000 x 300 would be reverse scoring method so average if 300 people in the clan were playing they would have to score 570000000+ individually on the mission correct me if my math is wrong but I know these guys have a long track record of exploiting games and events all the time...

People are going to try and get the max score in an event. If this means exploiting, they may incidentally end up doing so.

Well I just underlined a specific word in your sentence I agree with.

Because according to pretty much everyone else in this thread, everyone exploited on purpose, and everyone's a f*cking cheater, right ?

I got a high score for this event (individually, and upping my clan's at the same time), with only one clannie, and it took me a few hundreds energy pods to do so (thousands of poly bundles, hundreds of thousands of credits), resources I had to grind for, and no, I don't consider myself an exploiter for actually working hard to get there.

So yes, some people may consider it exploiting, but don't think that playing on a laptop because you can't afford a gaming computer, and having terrible fps drops is part of the fun.

Well according to all the good guys on here, Tenn Os were technically considered exploiters for grinding like hell, and finding ways to make end game setup work, basically, 6m damage on Vectis is exploiting, because you know, that's not what DE would want you to do.

The event is an archwing missions in which you normally have a 30 second window to deal damage to the core. the problem is there were ways to extend this 30 seconds to potentially hours. so totes not an exploit and just hard work

Edited by reltats

The event is an archwing missions in which you normally have a 30 second window to deal damage to the core. the problem is there were ways to extend this 30 seconds to potentially hours. so totes not an exploit and just hard work

Were they supposed to know this was not intended?

That is part of what this comes down to:

Can you say beyond a a single doubt that they knew they were not supposed to be doing that?

Just going to add-

1- it was ages ago

2- They explained it in the vid

3- It was teamwork, You're not gonna have a person to do everything for every enemy.

But let's end it here. Watch the video and let's not start an argument. Whether they exploited or not in event, I do not know.

And I will not be replying to this thread again as to avoid any arguments.

Edited by (PS4)RyanRFC12345

Were they supposed to know this was not intended?

That is part of what this comes down to:

Can you say beyond a a single doubt that they knew they were not supposed to be doing that?

"I'm sorry, I thought the thirty-second timer actually meant 5 minutes! It's totally not my fault, guys!"

Just going to add-

1- it was ages ago

2- They explained it in the vid

3- It was teamwork, You're not gonna have a person to do everything for every enemy.

But let's end it here. Watch the video and let's not start an argument. Whether they exploited or not in event, I do not know.

You're looking at it wrong. From a critical standpoint, one should probably take this and say: Is that working as intended?

The next question should be: Do the devs know that this is not working as intended?

And so on, working its way down to: Do the players know that this is not how it is supposed to work?

"I'm sorry, I thought the thirty-second timer actually meant 5 minutes! It's totally not my fault, guys!"

Beyond a single doubt. Sometimes, things can be noticed and simply noted as a glitch and ignored, they'll take the benefit from it without giving any thought. You probably do this on a smaller scale all the time.