[DE]Rebecca

Psa: Eyes Of Blight Leaderboards.

I'm going to interject here. Knowingly exploiting a latency issue without reporting it to get ahead in an event is a downright scummy thing to do no matter what way you slice it. In many games it IS a bannable offense, and while I don't think Warframe is an exception, even if that were the case, I believe recompense is due from those who knowingly abused this "oversight". 

The honorable thing to do would have been to report it immediately after it was discovered and then stay the hell away from it. Many clans, Coup de Grace included, I do believe, took the low road instead, and used it to fluff up their clan's score. 

Also, referring to the math person, their reasoning was that it was intended you get 30 seconds to damage the core. No more, no less, so they used that as the baseline. Even if you were given 2 minutes instead of 30 seconds, those kinds of scores would still be impossible to achieve.

Your argument that it was "in the game already so it must be ok" is grasping at straws in the absolute best case scenario. Draw parallels to other games where people abused bugs or "oversights" (like in Runescape, Purple Party hats, the ability to extort billions of gold from a Dungeoneering "oversight", etc), and the exploiters, when confronted, presented the same argument you have. Were they banned? Absolutely.

You assume I didn't report it when multiple people in CdG did in fact report it. Do you wanna see the PMs? I'll forward them to you.

You assume I didn't report it when multiple people in CdG did in fact report it. Do you wanna see the PMs? I'll forward them to you.

This.

Says.

It.

All.

The forum warriors here are assuming anyone using the exploit is automatically a horrible j@ck4$$ that requires a burning at the stake with a side of raping and pillaging of their families and homes. They also assume no one reported it. Have anyone here even contemplated that perhaps DE, upon reporting, requested players to push the limits to provide data on the exploit? DE does notoriously not have the best QA department.  They also do not possess a Player Testing Server for players to theory and break these exploits before they are released to the public.  No one goes into a mission, gets a giant score and says to themselves, wait a second guys, that mission took entirely too long, we should abort.

Data helps fix bugs, and this is obviously a bug.  CdG has a strong relationship with DE.

-10no- took it upon themselves to use a found method and raise awareness of the issue (Let's all go dump ice on our heads).  They knew getting those scores would draw attention.  They knew and still did it.  Kudos to them. Sorry you were unable to theorycraft this type of commitment and resource usage (can you say 1200 total energy cakes per run) and discover that it was bugged.  

No one who scored that high ever expected to keep it... 

No one.

• Upvote 4

Well, good on you for that. I've read the PM's, and while it is commendable that you reported the issue, the fact still remains that members of not just your clan, but numerous others knowingly exploited on an individual basis, whether to "help" their clan's score or for personal fame. Regardless, I think that where applicable, consequences should be doled out on an individual basis, not a clan-wide one. Are we in agreement?

This.

Says.

It.

All.

The forum warriors here are assuming anyone using the exploit is automatically a horrible j@ck4$$ that requires a burning at the stake with a side of raping and pillaging of their families and homes. They also assume no one reported it. Have anyone here even contemplated that perhaps DE, upon reporting, requested players to push the limits to provide data on the exploit? DE does notoriously not have the best QA department.  They also do not possess a Player Testing Server for players to theory and break these exploits before they are released to the public.  No one goes into a mission, gets a giant score and says to themselves, wait a second guys, that mission took entirely too long, we should abort.

Data helps fix bugs, and this is obviously a bug.  CdG has a strong relationship with DE.

-10no- took it upon themselves to use a found method and raise awareness of the issue (Let's all go dump ice on our heads).  They knew getting those scores would draw attention.  They knew and still did it.  Kudos to them. Sorry you were unable to theorycraft this type of commitment and resource usage (can you say 1200 total energy cakes per run) and discover that it was bugged.  

No one who scored that high ever expected to keep it... 

No one.

I'm sorry, but this sounds pretty contrived. -10no- wouldn't have gone about boasting about their "legit" high score if their primary focus was finding bugs and notifying DE so they could fix them. My argument is that any individual who knowingly exploited this with the sole purpose of bettering their score should face consequences. If you did the right thing and stayed away from the exploit, you should have nothing to worry about.

• Upvote 5

I would. Redact them if necessary, but I would like to see them all. 

• Upvote 3

Well, good on you for that. I've read the PM's, and while it is commendable that you reported the issue, the fact still remains that members of not just your clan, but numerous others knowingly exploited on an individual basis, whether to "help" their clan's score or for personal fame. Regardless, I think that where applicable, consequences should be doled out on an individual basis, not a clan-wide one. Are we in agreement?

Not entirely unfortunately. Like Bionic said, no one expected to keep their scores. Sometimes the only way to fix an issue is to create an issue sadly.

Exploiting the scores for the sake of being "the best" isn't fine (or maybe it is, it's just being smart), but I believe there wouldn't be a person who'd complain about exploiting something else. We can take the Viver for instance - DE took it as an exploit (because it clearly didn't fit the way they wanted to) and just changed it. Yes, some of the people did complain, but exceptions set the rules. Then, after that there were so called 'early adopters' (it was also something to do with the syndicate weapons, it was recent) - DE told us that the lucky people just keep it and that's it. Exploit gets called an exploit not by the forum members, but by the game crew. Sorry, guys. And it's not like anyone lost anything in the end, is it? Why do people seek such an empty kind of 'justice', just for it's sake?

Getting people banned for exploiting the scores doesn't get us anywhere, anyways. We're in a F2P game after all, they'll just be smarter the next time (probably with a next account, heh) and get someone else banned. I guess that isn't a solution. Or maybe it is, for the sake of showing that someone will get banned for abusing flaws? I don't know myself. Do you? 

Not entirely unfortunately. Like Bionic said, no one expected to keep their scores. Sometimes the only way to fix an issue is to create an issue sadly.

Like the Sony incident? Yes, unfortunately most of the companies don't give a damn until something really breaks. And then the crusade starts. Happily, I don't see DE having such an uncivilized and idiotic behaviour, with making cover ups and stuff.

Edited by Filas312
  • Upvote 1

I disagree with it being necessary to create a problem to fix said problem when it can be quietly reported and then disregarded, but you're entitled to your viewpoint. Hey, look at that, we ended this civilly. That has to be a first, huh? 

Edited by ForSeagulls

The use of macros is cheating. Why? Cos not all have them and it makes the game BORING. Use your true skills to play, then you can say you're the best player of WF ;3

DEs, bring out your banhammer, these cheaters deserve it ᶘ ¬ᴥ¬ᶅ

Edited by Caitsith567
  • Upvote 7

The use of macros is cheating. Why? Cos not all have them and it makes the game BORING. Use your true skills to play, then you can say you're the best player of WF ;3

DEs, bring out your banhammer, these cheaters deserve it ᶘ ¬ᴥ¬ᶅ

+1

• Upvote 7

I disagree with it being necessary to create a problem to fix said problem when it can be quietly reported and then disregarded, but you're entitled to your viewpoint. Hey, look at that, we ended this civilly. That has to be a first, huh? 

What's funny about it is that the PM was meant to be a way to report it quietly because our group that got the 275 mil run was at the time the highest by quite a large margin (I actually got dropped from that game and didn't receive that score).

Unfortunately not everyone's brains are made of potatoes and they eventually figured it out on their own.

What's funny about it is that the PM was meant to be a way to report it quietly because our group that got the 275 mil run was at the time the highest by quite a large margin (I actually got dropped from that game and didn't receive that score).

Unfortunately not everyone's brains are made of potatoes and they eventually figured it out on their own.

The group I was running with at the same time Grav was running his attained the 300mil+ score.  Everyone disconnected from my game and I was hosting so I didn't DC.  Ultimately, all the flamers and shamers on here just need to lay off.  DE fixed and patched the issue.  It got reported as it should have.  It would be great if at this point someone from DE would lock this thread.  It's not benefiting the community in any sort of way.

• Upvote 1

Before the fix low end PC or forced lag to win

After Fix now high end PC with as little lag as possible ftw.

Elytron spamming 3 to do a much damage as possible is still the tactic used to do massive damage. The difference is if the host lags the timer is not extended. So lag becomes a hindrance rather then a benefit. If your machine is capable of running smoothly spamming3 and enough energy restores to keep it going,  you are able to shoot the nobs and such for the multipliers easily because of no lag you now have a benefit over everyone else. This is reminiscent of the last event where many simply could not go over 1hour 30 mins because lag crash. Oh well may the best players  PC's forever win.

Edited by --Skitz0--
  • Upvote 4

Congrats to the top :P 

Dont' make this event more bored please.... bored of fking grinding xD

The only way people will learn is to set an example by banning them. 

But you're also banning people.

Which may not upset you as an individual, or even the forum community-

But the forum community is not the majority.

Furthermore, banning also reduces the amount of people potentially buying things, and I'd imagine the list of "exploiters" is extensive.

I'd argue it is a feature.

This game has a slew of framerate related issues, such as fire rate.

Saying it's a feature when clearly it's a limitation of their software is stupid.

• Upvote 10

Furthermore, banning also reduces the amount of people potentially buying things, and I'd imagine the list of "exploiters" is extensive.

People have exploited each event to date. I'm sick of it. 

• Upvote 8

Are you actually trying to argue that?

Profanity/meme warning

Implied_ef9195_574463.jpg

Your officially on my "never reply to this guy - hes either a troll or actually that daft" list. congrats on being the second person

Edited by reltats
  • Upvote 6

Dude..... I have no words.

• Upvote 4

The simple fact of the matter is that every single Event I have played in this game (joined not long after Beta ended) has suffered from one or more exploits/loopholes.

DE is known to ban for the outright egregious hacks but the different issues regarding loopholes or system abuses is something I don't know they have given bans for.

IMO, the "why" behind it all comes back to the same things: The 3 trophies per Clan bracket.

As long as those exist, then Exploits/Loopholes will too...

Ideas regarding other forms of Event recognition for participating clans were brought up and ignored.

The notion that, because of the advent of regular competitive content, hosting may need to start being done by DE was brought up and, I can only assume, ignored.

Should one or more players or participating clans guilty of using exploits/loopholes in competitive content get banned?

I don't know... I think it depends on what type of community DE is hoping to foster.

I will say that the two communities for what I consider to be my main games are excellent and those players would definitely have received perma-bans in one (FFXIV) and would probably have received 3 day bans in the other (MH2015)

Landwalrus,

You can argue that a ban removes potentially paying players, but it's just as likely that not banning dissuades players who didn't exploit from playing any longer. That's, likely, a larger group of paying players.

It really just depends on what kind of community DE actually wants to foster.

• Upvote 4

I would not advocate for removing players from the game for something of this nature. Removing them from the event, however? That seems more than fair.  And given that most of those who are known to have been exploiting this issue argued strenuously that their scores were legitimate, I honestly don't believe that they were doing it for any other reason than personal gain. There are some who filed tickets, others who didn't, but at the end, I really don't feel like there should be an effort to differentiate. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter why you broke the rules; altering the punishment because of the situation is counterproductive, time-consuming, and completely beside the point.  

Everyone who exploited the latency issues should have had their scores pulled from the leaderboards; you made a bad call, and even if you did it for "the right reasons" (something which I still doubt), that doesn't change the fact that, best case scenario, you did something underhanded for your lead. Given the somewhat prohibitive chances that there are dozens or hundreds of people in competitive clans who have the latency required to do this, I imagine the majority were using third-party programs to induce lag. So, that means the worst case is a violation of EULA and/or ToS, and as such would in fact be grounds for an account ban. 

We (WARBREED) decided ahead of time that we would not use the latency exploit, period. So, we worked our asses off to make sure that even if the exploit was not dealt with, we still had a fighting chance of pulling ahead in the event and winning. Look at the "Honorary Leaderboards" on the first page. We pulled ahead of clans that have already been confirmed to have been utilizing lag, and even if it wasn't a mindblowing margin, we did that without cheating. None of our members have scores in the hundreds of millions, and yet we're still whooping the next competitor in the tier by a solid four million. 

http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/eyesOfBlight.php

Click on this link at any given point during the event, and wherever we are on that list, we know that we're there because of hard work and solid teamwork; nothing else. 

And I bet our place on that list is going to be number one, from start to finish. 

• Upvote 5

Lol "10 Tenno" and "Just Team" you guys had score which even moon clan couldn't pull off

Hats off to you Geniuses Exploiters.

Its easier for small Clan Tier´s to get higher Clan Rankings thats all read the patchnotes first if u dont know how it works dude ;-)

"- Clan Scoring considers the following:

Your score will be based on the most damage dealt to the Fomorian Power Core in a given mission. Clan score is sum of personal best but divided by max clan size for that tier (ie: 10 for Ghost Clan, 1000 for Moon).                                                                                                                                                                   "

• Upvote 1

account termination eh..so they can just ban us all cause they can without any reason, and let the 10tenno free for the swag points

literally any game developer has this rule so yeah, no surprise

• Upvote 1