Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: Eyes Of Blight Leaderboards.

[DE]Rebecca

Highwinds rank 3 ? Psh, we're supposed to be 2, pls to update, on a side note, I just wasted a ton of resources since DE's resetting the leaderboards.

GG no re.

Edit : This almost feels like Breeding Grounds over again : punish the ones working way harder than others to make it on top of the Leaderboards, no wonder Tenn Os got sick of it.

Edit 2 : To the uhm, I don't want to use the word "dumbass", but I merely see another one to qualify the person that answered me, Tenn Os didn't use exploits, they were theorycraft gods. It consists in using what you're given at it's best potential, for maximized results, and they did a hell of a job at it. That's not exploiting the game, because you're not "cheating", you're using the tools that DE THEMSELVES gave you.

Don't blame DE for being forced to reset the scores because people love to find exploits and abuse them every single damned competitive event we get. At least it was within 24 hours of the event's start instead of in the middle.

Real challenge is not skill-based only, you know.

So, if you want the strategy now, try to be as sharp as a needle and don't wait anybody to use their brains for you...

Or wait untill the end of event and you will get complete information ;)

P.S. The only thing a can tell you now, mate, is: Nor external programs, nor low fps, nor migrations or other abnormal methods were used.

Figured it out, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you stumbled onto this. And while I can't say that this isn't an intended feature, I have to admit it seems somewhat... odd. 

-snip-

TL;DR: Math says they were lying. Math also says they were cheating. Logic dictates they should be barred from participation and/or banned.

-snip-

ur math is wrong

i dunno where ur fault is but i know a few factores u missed

(wont write down all just one example)

ur calcualting with a total of 120 abilitys i get solo easy 300 in 30 seconds

u can get very very easyly a legit 20mil run without even trying something special

and if there is some magic DE code involved that we just oversee then there is no reason to ban someone for

they did? from here it seems they were cheating using exploits, bet they had fun... and were foolish enough to think no one would notice

Yeah, those top 4 players with the 10os tag, and coincidentally the exact same amount of points which is beyond realistic are the most obvious legitimate players this game has ever seen.

/sarcasm

inb4 "What?"

I agree. There is no "Tenn Os got sick of it", it seems they're enjoying it.

There isn't a good enough middle ground at this point...

On one hand, you have players utilizing the 'norm' or doing everything they know. Next, you have a handful of veteran players who KNOW what they are doing, but that doesn't matter here. Finally you have a handful of players who take advantage of everything they can in order to win.

If you are exploiting something that not every player has access to, or something which shouldn't be available, and setting yourself a hundred miles in front of the closest competition, then you are ruining the integrity of the game for all.

Honestly? Leader boards can get to be quite a joke sometimes, and this is in competitive gaming in general not directed at WF solely.

All this does is dissuade small/legit clans from caring about the game, slowly segregating the community under the deviation that it's either cheat or you can't participate. For many of us we will simply watch :) I'd never leak exploits to my clan nor allow them to do such a thing, in order to gain a better score. As much as we would like an event where we have a *miniscule chance* at obtaining a trophy, without digging at the mechanic's guts.

So ... high fives to everyone for participation, I only hope this sort of thing doesn't cause the fall of more Relays, considering anything more than a single run is all for score. :-x

To the 'awesome' clans obtaining 'awesome scores' .... points for style, but atleast report these things to DE, so we can have a fair ball game next time 'round.

But if you are obtaining an amazing score based off of something others can not do, and you're playing it off like you did a great job,... Shame! If you're 100% legit, instead of giving excuses "Because we commit," just say "We're spamming elytrons and railguns" besides, if you're so "commited" to winning, what's the harm in a little bit of competition :P My clan has the numbers, but i'm not going to force all 300 of them to go download autotypers, come up with some mathematically correct macro, and craft up 600 restores, it should be an equal playing field.

Edited by eternaL1

Don't blame DE for being forced to reset the scores because people love to find exploits and abuse them every single damned competitive event we get. At least it was within 24 hours of the event's start instead of in the middle.

I kinda do blame DE, it often seems they never test the stuff properly.

11.  Account Termination

DIGITAL EXTREMES MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, BLOCK ACCESS TO OR DELETE THE SERVICE OR ANY ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.

Digital Extremes may at its option issue warnings and temporary suspensions and permanent terminations of Accounts for user violations. Digital Extremes retains the sole discretion as to when and how to impose warnings, penalties and/or disciplinary actions. DE considers the severity of the violation and the number of infractions in making the determination; however, any determination shall be under the absolute discretion of DE. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Digital Extremes always retains the right to terminate or suspend a User’s Account at any time for any reason, or for no reason, with or without any warnings and with or without notice.

^----- This would be nice if they actually implemented this

they did, they're being lenient on this since the exploit could happen without being intended and therefore can't separate the cheaters from the people genuinely unlucky enough to have low end pc's who finally got something(hence the honorary leaderboards being called honorary leaderboards) for their low quality equipment.

Using lag or bad latency is cheating.  It is using a factor that is outside the game, in order to influence the game.  An exploit would be using mechanics in a manner that was not intended originally, such as the many exploits in World of Warcraft used by top clans that were then patched.

The lag is cheating.  I cannot go out and buy a new PC with specific requirements that it perfectly lags me to do the best amount of damage.  That would be like the best StarCraft 2 player winning only because he owns a specific mouse and keyboard.  I should not, and no one should, be penalized because my computer is not the best possible computer, or be penalized because I do not have a friend that just barely runs the game, allowing them to host, and then bombing his graphics with explosions and particles so that the time goes far beyond the 30 seconds allotted to everyone else.

Its not an exploit, it is not built into the game.  If it were simply spamming elytron and nothing else, it would be, though just barely, an exploit.  This is using lag, something DE has no control of in any reasonable way.

Edited by Chromosis

Using lag or bad latency is cheating. It is using a factor that is outside the game, in order to influence the game. An exploit would be using mechanics in a manner that was not intended originally, such as the many exploits in World of Warcraft used by top clans that were then patched.

The lag is cheating. I cannot go out and buy a new PC with specific requirements that it perfectly lags me to do the best amount of damage. That would be like the best StarCraft 2 player winning only because he owns a specific mouse and keyboard. I should not, and no one should, be penalized because my computer is not the best possible computer, or be penalized because I do not have a friend that just barely runs the game, allowing them to host, and then bombing his graphics with explosions and particles so that the time goes far beyond the 30 seconds allotted to everyone else.

Its not an exploit, it is not built into the game. If it were simply spamming elytron and nothing else, it would be, though just barely, an exploit. This is using lag, something DE has no control of in any reasonable way.

Some sort of "zero-ping-unrealtournament-esque server-side-timer" would fix that, server packets define time allotment and auto-record data, although the 'scores' are all calculated, hosted, and played out client-side, which shoots this sort of thing down.

Edited by eternaL1

Some sort of "zero-ping-unrealtournament-esque server-side-timer" would fix that, server packets define time allotment and auto-record data

I guess I should add that I am not saying this was done by anyone, more of a definition of what cheating vs. exploiting is.

I am also not a real techie guy, and I am not sure how that would work, other than a timer (IE, a clock) comparing start and end times for the 30 second timer (to confirm it was 30 seconds) and then basically spitting a boolean out.  If False, score = 0?

Using lag or bad latency is cheating.  It is using a factor that is outside the game, in order to influence the game.  An exploit would be using mechanics in a manner that was not intended originally, such as the many exploits in World of Warcraft used by top clans that were then patched.

The lag is cheating.  I cannot go out and buy a new PC with specific requirements that it perfectly lags me to do the best amount of damage.  That would be like the best StarCraft 2 player winning only because he owns a specific mouse and keyboard.  I should not, and no one should, be penalized because my computer is not the best possible computer, or be penalized because I do not have a friend that just barely runs the game, allowing them to host, and then bombing his graphics with explosions and particles so that the time goes far beyond the 30 seconds allotted to everyone else.

Its not an exploit, it is not built into the game.  If it were simply spamming elytron and nothing else, it would be, though just barely, an exploit.  This is using lag, something DE has no control of in any reasonable way.

HSxFRLW.png

Edited by -MarshallMatters-

Also, whoever was acknowledging exploits used in some past events...

Cryotic front, IIRC, was exploited by those who had resource boosters, essentially doubling their score. Of course, 'What if you just happened to have one?' was a possibility. But guaranteed many others would go out and buy one upon confirmation. This was patched with no score reset the first day, I believe.

Same thing with one of the tactical alerts, there was no trophy of course, but I had a squad with almost 8k points, with the top score a just-over-14k affinity booster exploit...

It's always going to happen... Most likely anyway, we need a 3rd party leaderboard with community defined exemptions based on integrity and honor, not calling anyone out or pointing fingers, i've come to this conclusion solely based on the public's response to this sort of thing... It's just a huge let down to the community to see this happen. It's a dog eat dog world, but we shouldn't have to adopt the egotistical greedy mentality of others to enjoy ourselves

Edited by eternaL1

Yeah, those top 4 players with the 10os tag, and coincidentally the exact same amount of points which is beyond realistic are the most obvious legitimate players this game has ever seen.

/sarcasm

inb4 "What?"

I agree. There is no "Tenn Os got sick of it", it seems they're enjoying it.

You guys are confusing 10 Tenno, and Tenn Os (These are 2 different Ghost Clans), please, learn about the subject before criticising things you know nothing about, you're just making a fool of yourself here.

You guys are confusing 10 Tenno, and Tenn Os (These are 2 different Ghost Clans), please, learn about the subject before criticising things you know nothing about, you're just making a fool of yourself here.

I'm speaking of the Top Players, not the Top Ghost Clans, top players all having 10no tags. I'm not a fool for simply reading the damn tag on 4 players. Unless the tag of "10no" belongs to 10 Tenno over Tenn Os (correct me), you realize what I said I still works when it comes to the amount of points being identical, all 4 players being adjacent to one another, and each being in the same clan/alliance.

Edited by LazerSkink

i'll try to do some math, but under PERFECT, UNREALISTIC CONDITIONS
1)assuming each arcwing uses 3 thumbers per second (will use one per 0.333333333 for the calculations), without any cost
2) INTERVAL = 1/3 of a second, the time you place each thumper 
3)thumber will stay for full duration, and each shot will do full damage to the core
4) all core thingies that multiply damage will break the first moment after the emp is used, resuilting in x5 of all damage done
5)will use ideal weapon build for max dps no crit/no status etc under ideal conditions
6) weapon will fire all the time with 100% accuracy, no falloff, no missed shots and also infinite ammo
Calculations will be done using 1 arcwing, and then the final number will be multiplied x20 (x4 players and then x5 score due to vents)

First choice: weapon
Without much competition, the veloticus is the winner with 1417.2 BASE dps (excluding crit, also with charged shots)
A fully modded velocitus=http://goo.gl/W77uKX (no crit, just placed damage increasing mods to show max possible on core) will have 24618.5 DPS
multiply 24,618.5 *30 to get total damage with ideal uptime = 738,555 damage
Now, for the thumbers:
Assuming each elytron has max duration and strength mods, will cause its thumper to do 500*1.2=600 damage per hit, 3*1.3=3.9 hits per second, 3.9/3 =1.3 , 1.3*600=780 DAMAGE PER INTERVAL
now to calculate total damage all thumpers will do in 30seconds, by placing a new one each INTERVAL: sum(i*780), i = 1 to 90 = 3,194,100
(this works like, 780+2*780+3*780 = damage the first second, and goes like this till 30seconds)
now to sum the numbers, 3,194,100 + 738,555=3,932,655
Multiply the above x4 (for each player), then multiply x5 (vents broke the first moment, like a miracle) = 78,653,100

TL;DR MAX THEORITICAL DAMAGE : 78millions
Is that possible? NO
p.s. the "3 thumpers per sec" is my choice, i believe is something realistic and that can happen, impossible to throw more imo
read the posts bellow for correction

Edited by Alodapos

I'm speaking of the Top Players, not the Top Ghost Clans, top players all having 10no tags. I'm not a fool for simply reading the damn tag on 4 players. Unless the tag of "10no" belongs to 10 Tenno over Tenn Os (correct me), you realize what I said I still works when it comes to the amount of points being identical, all 4 players being adjacent to one another, and each being in the same clan/alliance.

Your main argument as to why they are clearly cheating is that they all have the same score? Really? It's almost like you can do the event with a squad of 4 people who then all get the same score from the run, assuming they all survive.  Not sure how you missed that. 

TL;DR MAX THEORITICAL DAMAGE : 78millions

Is that possible? NO

p.s. the "3 thumpers per sec" is my choice, i believe is something realistic and that can happen, impossible to throw more imo

I think the maximum human click speed is around 12 clicks/taps per second. (Ignoring macros)

Thumber max duration is almost 60 seconds (lets say 60).

If you start spamming 60 seconds before deploying the Disruptor to reach maximum thumpers then you get:

12 x 60 x 4 players = 2880 active thumpers

780 damage per thumper so,

2,246,400 damage per second

67,392,000 damage over 30 seconds

With a score multiplier of 5: 336,960,000 just thumpers

You can bind gear deployables to a key so energy restore spamming can keep up with the ability spamming.

I think the maximum human click speed is around 12 clicks/taps per second. (Ignoring macros)

If you start spamming 60 seconds before deploying the Disruptor to reach maximum thumpers then you get:

apologies, i forgot that you can start spamming before the emp BUT

780 is not damage per thumper per sec, is per 1/3sec, per sec should be 2340 BUT

this is just under perfect conditions, which do not exist, thumper hits randomly within the bubble, and the damage has huge falloff, also let the x4 for the end

using the same calculations but with 720thumpers active all the time, and 2340 dps each will be 1,684,800 mil DPS on 1 player's thumpers, at which point the weapon dps is pretty much a 0, so lets round it with gun damage to 1.7mil dps/player, x30 sec x4 players, x5 score (for perfection)

the number is 1billion, but there is no way to achieve that, even with 500 energy restores with you, macro to spamm restore + 33333333333 + hold down right click

because the thumper real damage is less than the half of the one used on these calculations

but thank you for pointing this out (spamm thumpers before deplying)

apologies, i forgot that you can start spamming before the emp BUT

780 is not damage per thumper per sec, is per 1/3sec, per sec should be 2340 BUT

this is just under perfect conditions, which do not exist, thumper hits randomly within the bubble, and the damage has huge falloff, also let the x4 for the end

using the same calculations but with 720thumpers active all the time, and 2340 dps each will be 1,684,800 mil DPS on 1 player's thumpers, at which point the weapon dps is pretty much a 0, so lets round it with gun damage to 1.7mil dps/player, x30 sec x4 players, x5 score (for perfection)

the number is 1billion, but there is no way to achieve that, even with 500 energy restores with you, macro to spamm restore + 33333333333 + hold down right click

because the thumper real damage is less than the half of the one used on these calculations

but thank you for pointing this out (spamm thumpers before deplying)

It's also possible they set a single key for spamming Elytron's 1, 3, and 4 at the same time leading to a higher theoretical damage max.

780 damage per thumper so,

2,246,400 damage per second

67,392,000 damage over 30 seconds

With a score multiplier of 5: 336,960,000 just thumpers

You can bind gear deployables to a key so energy restore spamming can keep up with the ability spamming.

Assuming everything with your math is correct, and your work seems right (give or take since you rounded some things for ease), but where does the other 600 million come from?  I doubt a gun could do that, regardless of the number of forma you put in.

Assuming everything with your math is correct, and your work seems right (give or take since you rounded some things for ease), but where does the other 600 million come from?  I doubt a gun could do that, regardless of the number of forma you put in.

It's a gun that utilizes Forma as projectiles...