The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was Random Rewards Occur Rate Nerfed?

ImortalTJones

Yeah, well RNG is RNG. Recently we had a rash where they happened rapidly, now it is not happening much. It just does that sometimes.

I dono man just feels hard to believe its "RNG" when i'm getting a consistent occur rate for months then all sudden just drops dramatically

Edited by ImortalTJones

I dono man just feels hard to believe its "RNG" when i'm getting a consistent occur rate for months then all sudden just drops dramatically

I can understand that. Tonight in particular seems strange - we keep getting 2000 Credit missions. Specifically that much. Normally the amount of credits varies much, much more.

Perhaps it is acting funny. All I can recommend is to sit tight. Tomorrow all the DE guys will come in and work it out if something silly is going on.

God this is getting old sitting here with warframe open waiting for randoms to appear for glaive, I think since the patch I see about 3 per day showing up, that's over a 15 hour time-span (a normal day for most people) its getting a little out of hand before 7.9 I would get about 13 randoms per day. was this done just cause glaive was put into the game? i don't know probably, its already a random reward do we really need to make it RNG+RNG? might as well be a 0.01% drop rate on MMO's, Its a throwing weapon + melee, not 'god mode'.....dose not need to be that rare.

Yes I'm complaining I know, but like most people, I would like to own the weapon, and start lvling it up, Not wait half a year for RNG. totally uncalled for

Edited by ImortalTJones

I never looked into it, but should people really be calling alerts random? The rewards are preset and like some of the livestreams had pretty obvious 12 hour orokin reward missions, that weekend when we got practically every helmet and multiple shots at skins, etc.

I assumed whoever is in charge of the alerts sets them on a schedule, so if stuff isn't showing up, it is planned that way. I figure the locations might be random, but again I could be assuming too much.

God this is getting old sitting here with warframe open waiting for randoms to appear for glaive, I think since the patch I see about 3 per day showing up, that's over a 15 hour time-span (a normal day for most people) its getting a little out of hand before 7.9 I would get about 13 randoms per day. was this done just cause glaive was put into the game? i don't know probably, its already a random reward do we really need to make it RNG+RNG? might as well be a 0.01% drop rate on MMO's, Its a throwing weapon + melee, not 'god mode'.....dose not need to be that rare.

Yes I'm complaining I know, but like most people, I would like to own the weapon, and start lvling it up, Not wait half a year for RNG. totally uncalled for

You know, while I agree with you, you do realize that since DE is aware of the Glaive controversy, they aren't going to put the alert up for a while. What's the point of putting it up for Plat only if they're just gonna release the alert 2-3 days later? Think bro, think.

You guys do know you can just google "Warframe alerts twitter" and see all the Alerts from there right? You can even get them sent to your phone so you don't miss a thing.

We are aware with that twitter alert thing. Do you aware that we haven't got many "?" alert since the latest patch,when there's a "?" alert the reward always artifact. Or the credit reward always 2000 even in high level map.

I don't really expect the glaive BP,but a little bit variety is nice.

Edited by FallenDevil86

I never looked into it, but should people really be calling alerts random? The rewards are preset and like some of the livestreams had pretty obvious 12 hour orokin reward missions, that weekend when we got practically every helmet and multiple shots at skins, etc.

I assumed whoever is in charge of the alerts sets them on a schedule, so if stuff isn't showing up, it is planned that way. I figure the locations might be random, but again I could be assuming too much.

They are randomly generated by one of there servers and the random chance that a reward is random is also randomly generated they even had it go down 2 days ago and admitted they run it on a automated system. Also the random reward is random when you complete the mission. rrrrr.....nnnn....gggg....inception.. ugh see

You guys do know you can just google "Warframe alerts twitter" and see all the Alerts from there right? You can even get them sent to your phone so you don't miss a thing.

I dont 'miss' anything i have http://kingtaro.com/warframe/, open as well as my game. while i sit here waiting all day doing other things at my comp.

You know, while I agree with you, you do realize that since DE is aware of the Glaive controversy, they aren't going to put the alert up for a while. What's the point of putting it up for Plat only if they're just gonna release the alert 2-3 days later? Think bro, think.

Huh that's funny I recall people already owning it just look at the alerts forum and sometimes gen, Also your logic is kind of flawed, If what your saying about "oh they just made it whats the point in putting in the the game RIGHT NOW" why release it or any item EVER for free then? that makes no since you really think they would do that to people? Lie behind the backs about content that really isent in the game when they say it is? No. i doubt that. to further my point and proof, why would rebecca post "*Glaive blueprints are part of the Alert system." Right on the patch notes day....

If what your saying is true every pattern added to the game on patch day would read: "Blueprint patterns for X item will be available in X days. ect ect...

Edited by ImortalTJones

I recall people already owning it just look at the alerts forum and sometimes gen

I checked the twitter history and it doesn't look like there's been a Glaive alert yet, unless I missed something. The people who have it probably have it from buying it with platinum.

Yeah, everyone's gotten it from the market with plat so far. No alerts. Been following the history since the patch and there hasn't been one.

If you can find a link to somebody who did get an alert for it please post it because it means that A. we might be able to find out what we'll need and B. it'd mean that all the alert notification systems aren't working.

Also, the reward is not random when you complete the mission, it's preset. They even tell you in the Twitter feed what the reward will be.

Edited by SteamInferno

It's been made pretty clear that the Alert System is automated and random, with manual overrides for special occasions. As in, it normally flies in autopilot, but occasionally they can manually throw in an alert.

Imagine there WERE ten question mark alerts per day, there's still 40 rewards to choose from, so even at that rate, it would take around four days for Glaive to pop up, and that's only median. Outlying possibilities might take longer - and again, that's at ten alerts per day. It hasn't even been four days yet. That'll be tomorrow. Tomorrow we will hit the median possible Glaive pop, but that means very little, since RNG has outlying possibilities.

Give it time. Stop starting controversy for no reason.

Edited by Arsonide

It's been made pretty clear that the Alert System is automated and random, with manual overrides for special occasions. As in, it normally flies in autopilot, but occasionally they can manually throw in an alert.

Imagine there WERE ten question mark alerts per day, there's still 40 rewards to choose from, so even at that rate, it would take around four days for Glaive to pop up, and that's only median. Outlying possibilities might take longer - and again, that's at ten alerts per day. It hasn't even been four days yet. That'll be tomorrow. Tomorrow we will hit the median possible Glaive pop, but that means very little, since RNG has outlying possibilities.

I wasent starting any "controversy" simply correcting a smart &#! that was talking to me.

Edited by ImortalTJones

Ten alerts per day, huh? Judging by the alerts posted to https://twitter.com/Warframe_BOT there's been 12 "?" alerts since Friday. Granted, the server crapped the bed yesterday which kinda skews the drop rate a bit, but there's no arguing that the rewards we've been seeing are in a pretty sorry condition. (Gotta stock up on those Scavenger artifacts, right?)

Heck, the fact that an "official alert twitter" even exists only goes to show that they know their current system needs work. I no longer even have to play the game to know when a rare item drops.

Ten alerts per day, huh? Judging by the alerts posted to https://twitter.com/Warframe_BOT there's been 12 "?" alerts since Friday. Granted, the server crapped the bed yesterday which kinda skews the drop rate a bit, but there's no arguing that the rewards we've been seeing are in a pretty sorry condition.

Read my post one more time. I said "Imagine there WERE ten alerts per day."

Edited by Arsonide

Read my post one more time. I said "Imagine there WERE ten alerts per day."

I'm sure we'd all love to "imagine" that we had some decent alerts going on right now. There's no denying that we seem to be in an alert drought, if the previous week is any indication.

There hasn't been a blueprint alert in about three days. Kind of hard for me to believe that everything is okay with the Alert System. I mean the system isn't perfect, remember when the Dark Sword BP was broken?

Edited by DishSoap

I'm sure we'd all love to "imagine" that we had some decent alerts going on right now. There's no denying that we seem to be in an alert drought, if the previous week is any indication.

I have extensive experience dealing with pseudorandom procedural algorithms in C++. Droughts, floods, and light showers are all common and expected when it comes to completely random data.

Be patient.

I have extensive experience dealing with pseudorandom procedural algorithms in C++. Droughts, floods, and light showers are all common and expected when it comes to completely random data.

Be patient.

My stance is that it shouldn't be acceptable to receive "completely random data" as alerts. There should be a minimum quota that should be met, and there should be specific parameters that ensure that we don't see the same rewards over and over. Players can't collect more than one of the same kind of artifact at a time, so what's the point of having the same ones drop within 48 hours of each other? Humans and random data don't mix well. 

I wasent starting any "controversy" simply correcting a smart &#! that was talking to me.

A smart &#!? What's with all the nasty lashings lad? I wasn't being a smartass at all. Please pull the stick out of your &#!, it's just the Glaive bud