Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] Lotus In Bloom (Invite Only)

Temperance000

Lusith giggled at the uncanny mention of one of her closer friends.

"Why, yes actually! Rael and I woke up together. We both had awoke on the tundra wasteland of Europa and had to survive together. I think that's where she got her love for the cold from, to be honest..."

Feeling comfortable enough now, Lusith raised her head and sat straight.

"Oh. I'm being rude."

Her hands grasped her helmet and pulled it off with a hiss, her short and messy brown hair went free, her face slightly flush with a light and soft complexion, her cheeks filled with a natural red blush to them, her eyes being a Crimson color that seemed to almost glow from the light hitting them.

"There. Much better."

She lightly smiled at Kate and Abra.

Maybe I should be bi. The thought tried to enter Kate's mind, but she shoved it away. Nonetheless, she rested her chin on her hand and leant forward ever so slightly.

Abra raised an eyebrow beneath his regular faceplate, which folded and retracted into the nape of his neck. His own features were sharp, slightly offset by ritualistic azure facepaint. "And so they were three... I can see the resemblance; I could recognize those eyes anywhere."

500px-Jensen_augs_noshades.jpg

(Okay, Adam, lose your glasses again, Jenson?)

Lusith tilted her head and lifted a brow.

"Wait - to Rael? I mean - I don't think we're /sisters,/ but... I guess she has eyes like mine."

A shrug upon her shoulders, she turned her attention to Kate.

"You okay there? You're staring kinda... Well... For a while."

Dalimir was just about to sit down when he heard the one Tenno's outburst. He smiled to himself, then halted for a second as he heard the distinct sound of a rifle being primed, ready for use.  Dalimir quickly twisted around, his mortos syandana whipping the air around him as he readied himself to disarm and subdue the frightened Tenno- now recognized as an Excalibur who happened to be in the room before his group. He was just about to pounce, when he saw that the Trinity had already acted, attempting to calm the Excalibur with soothing words, just as Jinx took control of his mind and relieved him of his weapon, before he finally snapped out of it. As Dalimir relaxed, he took in the reactions of the others, the Valkyr, Lusith, was obviously becoming bothered by the number of people and noise. The Saryn- Zokah, he had overheard, was annoyed at the Excalibur as well, but quickly sent Lusith away from the group to find a table, calming her considerably.

He saw Arthur's annoyance with the Trinity, and shared his reasons; it would have been better to eliminate his potential to harm rather than put oneself into harm's way. He turned and began walking back to his table. He muttered to himself, referring to both the Trinity and the trigger-happy Excalibur. "Both of them, foolish children..." He slowly took his Ether Reaper off his back, and carefully leaned the pole against the table without accidentally scratching the floor with the thin blade, and sat down.  He noticed that Lusith had gone to sit by an Oberon, and a Mirage with a Harlequin helmet. He began to stroke the middle tusk of his Shroud helmet, wondering where the Captain might be, as he was sure the window had closed and the ship was likely making final departing preparations. Then he noticed a Mesa and a Vauban walk into the room. And the Vauban had decided to sit at the same table he was at. When he meekly introduced himself, Dalimir wanted to shake his head at his question.

He fiddled with both his Eos shoulder plates as he replied. "Why, I'm here to kill everyone." His tone dripped with sarcasm, though he thought on the events that happened minutes prior, and thought better of leaving it at that. "I'm joking. I'm here because I'm on the mission, same as everyone else here." He took another look at the Vauban. "Khaldun, hhmm? I am Dalimir." He took one last look around. Hopefully the Captain showed up soon, he wanted to get a layout of the ship as soon as possible.

Edited by Dalimir

(Okay, Adam, lose your glasses again, Jenson?)

Lusith tilted her head and lifted a brow.

"Wait - to Rael? I mean - I don't think we're /sisters,/ but... I guess she has eyes like mine."

A shrug upon her shoulders, she turned her attention to Kate.

"You okay there? You're staring kinda... Well... For a while."

"If any strange mutation ever occurs, blame it on Void Overexposure." Abra chuckled, oblivious to Kate's subconscious advances. "Maybe the two of you were exposed to the same mutating factor during cryo. Who knows?"

Very briefly, Kate seemed intent on saying something, but said something else. "Oh, nothing. I've never seen such red eyes, though."

After going past the specters and entering the Manifold, the tenno came to a quick halt- there felt to be a change in atmosphere. Nervousness? Concern? Couldn't be- killing Corpus and Grineer didn't get such a reaction, constantly risking ones life didn't get this either. There was something strange about the place, the Manifold, there was a sense of disconnection from the rest of what the Origin System offered. The questioning and thinking didn't last though, quickly following up with wondering how strange it was to be standing still and blankly staring, Hallmar began moving through the ship. He was heading toward the public halls, but went at a slow pace, getting a good idea of how everything looked on the interior.

When the shouting had started, Khaldun had whirled around on his tight plasteel chair to find a trembling Excalibur pointing a gun at the two Stalker "twins". On one hand, it certainly didn't bode well that the people he had met so far most likely wouldn't pass a basic psych exam. Time and again, putting unbalanced individuals in close confinement with other individuals, be it lost at sea or in an ancient generation ship, usually ended with violence and some lucky soul walking the plank/getting shoved out the airlock.

But on the other hand, watching these people play out crude human drama was ridiculously funny. It was like having some poorly written Corpus sitcom in real life.

Dalimir was just about to sit down when he heard the one Tenno's outburst. He smiled to himself, then halted for a second as he heard the distinct sound of a rifle being primed, ready for use.  Dalimir quickly twisted around, his mortos syandana whipping the air around him as he readied himself to disarm and subdue the frightened Tenno- now recognized as an Excalibur who happened to be in the room before his group. He was just about to pounce, when he saw that the Trinity had already acted, attempting to calm the Excalibur with soothing words, just as Jinx took control of his mind and relieved him of his weapon, before he finally snapped out of it. As Dalimir relaxed, he took in the reactions of the others, the Valkyr, Lusith, was obviously becoming bothered by the number of people and noise. The Saryn- Zokah, he had overheard, was annoyed at the Excalibur as well, but quickly sent Lusith away from the group to find a table, calming her considerably.

He saw Arthur's annoyance with the Trinity, and shared his reasons; it would have been better to eliminate his potential to harm rather than put oneself into harm's way. He turned and began walking back to his table. He muttered to himself, referring to both the Trinity and the trigger-happy Excalibur. "Both of them, foolish children..." He slowly took his Ether Reaper off his back, and carefully leaned the pole against the table without accidentally scratching the floor with the thin blade, and sat down.  He noticed that Lusith had gone to sit by an Oberon, and a Mirage with a Harlequin helmet. He began to stroke the middle tusk of his Shroud helmet, wondering where the Captain might be, as he was sure the window had closed and the ship was likely making final departing preparations. Then he noticed a Mesa and a Vauban walk into the room. And the Vauban had decided to sit at the same table he was at. When he meekly introduced himself, Dalimir wanted to shake his head at his question.

He fiddled with both his Eos shoulder plates as he replied. "Why, I'm here to kill everyone." His tone dripped with sarcasm, though he thought on the events that happened minutes prior, and thought better of leaving it at that. "I'm joking. I'm here because I'm on the mission, same as everyone else here." He took another look at the Vauban. "Khaldun, hhmm? I am Dalimir." He took one last look around. Hopefully the Captain showed up soon, he wanted to get a layout of the ship as soon as possible.

"Nice to meet you, too, Dalimir," grumbled the Vauban. "That sure is airlock humor, right there. I am just laughing my armored &#! off over here."

"Hold up," he said, leaning in a bit. "What do you mean you're on the mission? I was asking what they asked you to do while we're screaming through deep space. You know, Security, Research, that sort of thing."

"You do know that, right?"

Lusith rubbed the back of her neck, looking at Kate with a neutral expression,

moreover out of trying to figure out what's going through her mind, anyhow.

"Well - I mean... I don't think I've seen red eyes from anybody else before. It's not exactly a common eye color..."

"I guess not." Abra agreed. "From a genetic point of view, only brown, blue, green and their combinations are possible..."

"So what will you do around here? Guard duty, exploration squad, something like that?" Kate questioned.

After actually physically finding the Manifold and being granted entrance with his equipment, although with a rather vague response regarding his Archwing equipment, Setebos was now aboard the Manifold. He entered into one of the first meeting halls, noting the various Tenno that chose to remain here. Scratching the back of his neck, Setebos came to the realization that he was already quite late to the party. Figuring that standing in the middle of one of the entranceways wasn't an effective course of action, he made a vague beeline around the room, trying his best not to eavesdrop on too many conversations he shouldn't be hearing.

Another shrug upon Lusith's shoulders followed Kate's question.

"I never thought about it really. Something that suits me, obviously.

I'd say either Scout team, or a soldier of some sort."

She gently clasped her hands together and rested her elbows on the table.

"What about you two? Personally,"

She looked at Kate.

"-You seem like the kind to be in charge of repair and off-the-books entertainment."

Her own way of saying she seemed like she would be the joker of the crew.

Lusith's eyes fixed on Abra.

"And you possibly... Tactician? Something to put your knowledge or wisdom to use."

Lancelot wasn't as well equipped for another Tenno's powers to turn on him but he was confused as his body was unable to respond to him but then he blinked and shaked his head as he realised who Jinx and Arthur really were before nodding to the assertive Nyx. "Ah, of course, Forgive me, I ah...don't know what came over me" 

Once he regained control of himself he stood up and sighs "Again I do apologise, you just looked like..." he took a moment to compose himself and replied "Him" but then he shaked his head and replied "Ah, I am Lancelot. Excalibur and Warrior to the Lotus"

The sound of Arthur's shouting voice made Lusith give off a twitchy tick.

Her hands curled into claws as she continued to stroke the frill of her Iliac.

The Valkyr didn't appreciate him yelling at the Trinity given she was only trying to help.

"She was only trying to help. Please don't yell. Thank you."

Out came a sigh as she tried to relax herself.

The tenno surrounding her only made her more anxious, she was jumpy and couldn't sit still,

as if ready to move elsewhere.

If one could see through her helmet, her face was an expression of a slight snarl and grimmace.

"She only tried to keep him from shooting you."

Annabelle, turned toward the stalker colored Excalibur,

"Would you rather be shot? I can heal myself, so I'll be fine, but it's significantly harder for me to heal another tenno who doesn't know how to explain where and how it hurts, I'd rather prevent any injuries but in the case of someone getting hurt, I'd be fine with it being me." She told Arthur, but stepped out of the way, nodding a thanks at Lusith,

"I can tell we'll get along well, Valkyrs are most often less, conservative, with their own health and energy, I often find myself working on them, so I'll keep watch on your vitals." She offered, and looked at Zokah, "Same with you, and our, interestingly colored friends, Lancelot, I've heard much about, I won't need to keep such a close eye."

As the Excalibur now known as Lancelot's mind returned to a more normal state of stability and calm, Jinx slowly removed her grip and influence of it and withdrew from his mind. Leaving him once again free.

Arthur had wrinkled his nose at the Valkyr and muttered "Putting yourself in front of a gun where you can be shot point blank isn't helping, it's stupidity"

Jinx also had a thing or two to tell the Trinity, who to her seemed to be a bit out of touch with reality. Her voice practically dipped with distain and her ton was cold "Like my brother here said, your little act of so called self sacrifice wasn't heroic and it certainly wasn't helping. And perhaps you didn't even notice this, but you weren't the one disarming the situation and made things safe, I did. Now sod off, I don't want to catch stupid."

After that they both turned their attention back to Lancelot and bowed slightly in greeting to him before introducing themselves in a more pleasant way than the Valkyr and Trinity had just experienced.

"I'm Jinx."

"And I'm Arthur."

"And believe me when I say that we're all too familiar with the Stalker and his...deeds." Jinx said

"But next time it would be appreciated it you didn't pull a rifle at us." Arthur added in a way he intended to be as a joke. 

Heckel had missed something, she was sure as she had slipped past an unfolding scene seemingly unnoticed in the public hall where she was now waiting for the captain to arrive. Just as earlier, she had avoided jumping into the group's conversation unannounced and opted to wait for a better opportunity to meet the others, she decided not to get involved in the situation. She planned to inquire about it later, after formally meeting her fellow Tenno who would be coming along for the mission.

What she saw was an Excalibur with a Tiberon pointed at another Excalibur who wore the colours of the Tenno-murderer known as the Stalker followed by a Trinity stepping in front of the weapon's barrel. She had little idea what happened before she came in but Tenno pointing guns at each their rarely ended well. She hoped that nobody would be killed this early on. The mission hadn't even begun yet.

Edited by Sumika1204

Another shrug upon Lusith's shoulders followed Kate's question.

"I never thought about it really. Something that suits me, obviously.

I'd say either Scout team, or a soldier of some sort."

She gently clasped her hands together and rested her elbows on the table.

"What about you two? Personally,"

She looked at Kate.

"-You seem like the kind to be in charge of repair and off-the-books entertainment."

Her own way of saying she seemed like she would be the joker of the crew.

Lusith's eyes fixed on Abra.

"And you possibly... Tactician? Something to put your knowledge or wisdom to use."

"Damn straight. If it's broken, I can fix it. Lisets, Archwings, weapons, microwave, you name it. Though that off-the-books entertainment part is highly subjective." Kate winked discreetly.

"I'm hoping I'll be assigned to Hydroponics, maybe the Kitchens. There are more than enough tacticians here, and people need good food to work well." In reality, he just didn't want to be part of the brass.

But on the other hand, watching these people play out crude human drama was ridiculously funny. It was like having some poorly written Corpus sitcom in real life.

"Nice to meet you, too, Dalimir," grumbled the Vauban. "That sure is airlock humor, right there. I am just laughing my armored ! off over here."

"Hold up," he said, leaning in a bit. "What do you mean you're on the mission? I was asking what they asked you to do while we're screaming through deep space. You know, Security, Research, that sort of thing."

"You do know that, right?"

He chuckled darkly. "Well, when you ask the question like that, how could I possibly come up with more humour?" He chuckled again, while he wasn't fond of frequent company, it didn't mean he had to suffer through it. Dalimir then shifted, placing both elbows on the table, clasping his hands together just in front of where his mouth would be. "I have not yet been assigned a role, I imagine that roles will be assigned to those who currently do not have one after the captain makes his introduction..." He took another look around, still no one new, except an Oberon who was wandering around, attempting to find a seat. He turned back to the Vauban. "Besides, I'd imagine that security is already taken by the Cephalon controlling all the specters, what did you say your "role" was?"

"And this is...The public hall." Halmar thought to himself as he walked in, scanning the area "More Tenno, always good to see." the socializing and talking all felt reminiscent of the relays, despite the obvious fact that there was a lot less room and Tenno moving about. His head continued to turn, looking at each individual with no more than a glance, eyes moving with each second. "Right, what to do from here?"  he questioned, there was a lack of motive to actually approach any of the fellow Tenno within the public hall, it was hard to make a call on who to approach.

Lusith blushed at Kate's comment.

"H'oh my..."

She gently cleared her throat and looked over to Abra.

"So you cook, hm? Surprising. You don't strike me as the type to cook.

Remind me to steal from your kitchen sometime! *Hehe!*"

"Why am I not suprised..." Abra wondered idly.

"If he does get that job, stay away from the Na'chek crisps. You'd need his own warframe to enjoy those/avoid food poisoning." Kate's grin hid the terrible memory of that one time she devoured a plateful. Indigestion for weeks...

An Excalibur Prime would soon enter the public hall, quick, purposeful strides taking him where he desired.  White and gold Targis Prime armour gleamed at his chest, shoulders and shins, and Grand Master emblems glowed near his shoulders, each a holographic emanation from devices built into the armour. A Sunika Kubrow followed him, its fur white with a golden Lotus design playing over it.  Both it and its master held a regal, authoritative aura that commanded respect. The Excalibur's gold-trimmed helmet briefly examined all in the room, assessing them, their gear and their personalities in a few brief seconds.

Jinx and Arthur, the Stalker-themed brother and sister. He had worked with them before, and they had proven themselves to be a remarkable team, whilst also being fairly trustworthy and consistent. Unfortunately, their clan, the Ghosts of Dreyrisal, was not aligned with the Lotus. A shame.

Zokah Laas Nos, the Saryn. He had also worked with her once or twice in the field. She had a savage fighting style, neither elegant nor efficient, but generally successful. Aligned with the Lotus, she could be a useful ally should events turn sour.

The Excalibur Lancelot. Files stated that he was a skilled warrior, though his shaky demeanor and the fact that he had obviously just been disarmed for whatever reason suggested otherwise.

Annabeth, the Trinity. She cared more for the wounded than for combat, and while such talents could be useful he would prefer if they were combined with a willingness to enter the fray.

There were several other Tenno present in the room, each holding their own conversations, as well as what seemed to be a recently-awoken Rhino standing, caught in indecision. Grand Master Tacis would stride quickly past all, finding his place at the front of the room, behind and to the left of the podium. 

Alfrond saw the Manifold as the droids as they led him to it, which turned out to be a rather large ship. At least, that is what he felt when he first set eyes on it. 

"Well, that's a... erm... well... very nice frigate? Ship... you got there, ", he spoke to the drones, "Is there a major mission or something that needs that ship to be used? I mean, won't it be nicer with Lisets? At least they're small and fast, as far as I'm aware.". As he was speaking, his hand continued to subconsciously feel the details of his Spectra, as a habit of keeping himself still and calm. 

His Spectra was nothing much of note, as it looks exactly like the Corpus issue Spectra, save for the fact that he won it. Well, 'won' as in 'Ripped off the frozen corpse of a Corpus technician', he thought. The only thing that would be different about this Spectra would be when it fires, for it has a longer reach than normal Spectras, since he had the bright idea to lengthen the limit of the Spectra for long-range fixing. 

"And fighting too.", he thought as he let out a small, happy sigh when he saw a few Tenno milling around the Manifold in the far distance. At least he would have someone to speak to if things get dull for him. 

Setebos stopped, turned, watching as the Excalibur Prime and his Kubrow strode past, running a hand underneath his helmeted chin in quiet admiration. The Excalibur Prime seemed almost a bit full himself, Setebos thought quietly to himself. But he had the right, after all, for he seemed to be one of the first. He rolled his shoulders under the heavy, spiked shoulder plates of his Warframe, before crossing his arms behind his back. His hands now snug underneath the weaponry on his back, the Excalibur Prime now had Setebos' full attention as he approached what appeared to be a podium.   

Edited by Darkshifter98

Annabelle was about to retort to the stalker themed tenno that she hadn't been trying to be heroic, but, she wasn't quite sure how true that was, she just hadn't wanted anyone to get hurt, and had accomplished her goal, though, at the tone of the Excalibur and Nyx she felt that she herself might've needed a little healing. So, she shrugged it off, drifting away once their attention was on Lancelot, sitting at an unnoccupied table and taking a deep breath, closing her eyes and clasping her hands together in deep thought.

"Why am I not suprised..." Abra wondered idly.

"If he does get that job, stay away from the Na'chek crisps. You'd need his own warframe to enjoy those/avoid food poisoning." Kate's grin hid the terrible memory of that one time she devoured a plateful. Indigestion for weeks...

"I uh... Yeah. I'lllll... Make sure to... Avoid those..."

Lusith cleared her throat.

"Out of curiosity, I've noticed a majority of Tenno have some sort of mutation that goes with their frame... Like I know an Ash that has sinew-y hands type deal."

Her purpose to the mention surfacing, she spoke again.

"What mutations would you both have?"

Edited by WingedCrusade

"I uh... Yeah. I'lllll... Make sure to... Avoid those..."

Lusith cleared her throat.

"Out of curiosity, I've noticed a majority of Tenno have some sort of mutation that goes with their frame... Like I know an Ash that has sinew-y hands type deal."

Her purpose to the mention surfacing, she spoke again.

"What mutations would you both have?"

"Enhanced sense of smell." Abra left it at that; identifying pheromones in the air still felt alien.

"None. I'm 100% regular, homegrown Tenno." Kate proclaimed proudly.