Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus In Bloom [Ooc]

Temperance000

Here's a brief list of Command Staff characters.  Please ignore the Pilot entry; I'm trying to come up with something better for that.  Also, some are more fleshed out than others.

For obvious reasons, Temperance and the Tricephalon are not on this list.

If anyone happens to think of a position I missed, let me know, and we'll see if we can work something out.

Alaric:

Foundry Master and Head Armorer, a Storm Volt in default colors with red energy.  He has a habit of zapping anyone who touches the foundry without his permission, but is otherwise one of the more amicable personalities on the command staff.

Choir

Comm officer, twin sister of Cantrix, a Chorus Banshee in default colors with white energy.  She spends most of her time in a meditative trance, the better to receive and process the copious amounts of data involved in running a ship the size of the Manifold.  When she does speak, it is in a melodious, chordal monotone that some find slightly disturbing.

Hex

Pilot, a red Swindle Loki with red energy.  Considers himself the best pilot in the system, and displays a typical "ace" mentality.  However, he does have the skills to back it up, and is capable of training others to a moderate level of competence.  He rarely leaves the helm, if he can help it.

Cantrix

Sensor chief, twin sister of Choir, a Reverb Banshee in default colors with white energy. She spends most of her time in a meditative trance, the better to receive and process the copious amounts of data gathered from space around the Manifold.  When she does speak, it is in a melodious, chordal monotone that some find slightly disturbing.

Atlanta

Chief Engineer, a Flux Nova in default colors with deep blue energy.  Notoriously grouchy, especially when dealing with Temperance. Runs Engineering with an adamantium gauntlet. Her favorite form of address is "scrub."

Sema

Arms Master, a Mesa in default colors with black energy.  Fiercely dedicated to the perfection of shooting skills, and close friends with Alaric.  Sema will not hesitate to correct your technique, but she is a patients and thorough instructor.

Cordia

Chief Medical Officer, a Trintiy in default colors with green energy.  She is one of two people on the Manifold besides Temperance himself to be aware of the suppression device.  Otherwise, she is kind but firm.

Edit:  I forgot to mention:  would someone with a Chatango account (preferably Viper or Snale) be so kind as to make a chat page for this thread?  Those have been marvelously useful in the past.  I would do it myself, but I still refuse to open an account, just to irritate Fish :)

Edited by Temperance000

Full disclosure:  a fair portion of my idea for this thread came from Voyager.

HA! Well anyway...might as well do you the favour of RPing Atlanta...and I will also throw Jinx and Arthur into the mix for the sole purpus that we need more OCs who aren't in the command staff.

HA! Well anyway...might as well do you the favour of RPing Atlanta...and I will also throw Jinx and Arthur into the mix for the sole purpus that we need more OCs who aren't in the command staff.

YES PLEASE!  Crew should always outnumber command staff.  That way, stuff actually gets done :)

Thanks a ton, Viper.  Once I've herded people onto the Manifold proper, we can start introducing characters to each other.

*hums* and now, we wait.

YES PLEASE!  Crew should always outnumber command staff.  That way, stuff actually gets done :)

Thanks a ton, Viper.  Once I've herded people onto the Manifold proper, we can start introducing characters to each other.

*hums* and now, we wait.

Working on a post right now for the twins introduction. Thinking about it...I do have a lot of experience controlling multiple characters don't I?

You do indeed. If you have a spare moment, would you like to create the chatango page? It would be interesting to be in a chat room where you're basically a god.

*steeple* You sure you want that? A place where I am god?

Jokes aside I've written a post...sometimes I actually wish I didn't write them so long...

Does it have to be Tenno or can we bring Syndicate members also?

Tenno are preferred. I've been reading Kalenath's fanfiction again, and I like his idea of the Lotus and the Tenno as a relatively neutral party in Syndicate affairs. If you must bring a Syndicate OC, be aware that the others will probably demand representation.

Alright....give me a moment to think up a character.

Okay how about this.

Name/Codename: Lancelot.

Age <UNKNOWN>

Race: Tenno

Affiliation: The Lotus.

Warframe: Excalibur.

Weapons of Choice: Tiberion Rifle. Galantine heavy blade. MK III Dual Lato pistols. Karyst Dagger.

Edited by Drakeardian

Come back!  She won't murder you in cold blood, I swear!  At the very least, she'll let you gasp out an explanation before ramming it back down your throat, along with a primed grenade.

All that aside, the Manifold is heading "out to the Black," to borrow a term from Firefly.  We'll be leaving the Origin System and the established setting of Warframe far behind us, and striking out to follow a garbled radio signal into the depths of Frontier Space.  Basically, welcome aboard the USS Voyager, run by Tenno.

Edited by Temperance000

fffffffff

I like the idea of temp running a thread

ffffffffffffuuuuuuu

it does have a deadline where nobody can enter or exit (except through death)

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

it's really well thought out and I have an idea for a character crawling into my head against my intentions

uuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccc

I SAID I WOULDN'T

ccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

dammit FINE. Fine I'll get back into it!

I'll finish some details with the character. Probably going to be female so someone besides Viper is running one, as per usual.

fffffffff

I like the idea of temp running a thread

ffffffffffffuuuuuuu

it does have a deadline where nobody can enter or exit (except through death)

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

it's really well thought out and I have an idea for a character crawling into my head against my intentions

uuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccc

I SAID I WOULDN'T

ccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

dammit FINE. Fine I'll get back into it!

I'll finish some details with the character. Probably going to be female so someone besides Viper is running one, as per usual.

Well....that was quick.

Yay, Snale! You were right about 1347. Let's hope Temperance being a better person than me will make this thread last for good.

Anyway, here's me OC.

Name: Khaldun

Warframe: Espirit Vauban

Coloring: Blue Neon secondary, deep black, Immortal skin, blue eyes, short brownhair, semi-beard/facial hairish stuff, Nordic-Arabic

Weapons: Sybaris, Synoid Gammacor, Kronen

Role: Chief Historian, partial engineer - Khaldun is the one whose job it is to rediscover the past - to analyze direlicts, to understand isolated civilizations, that sort of thing. As such, he's well-versed in both history and Orokin technology, and has spent a good portion of his time as Tenno not as a warrior, but as a scholic.

He is antisocial and moody to a point, and a bit of a dreamer - very much a nerd. He can tend to go on about a topic in history that fascinates him to the point that he's talking to himself. Although most history of any era has been lost to the collapse, that hasn't stopped Khaldun's efforts to understand the causes behind that etheral event, similar to the way modern-day historians probe the Roman Empire. But what he finds will bring his intellectual elitism to the surface, and he will be a much more unpleasant person by the time this journey is over...

Edited by S.T.M.P.D

If you're ultimately calling the shots, I think it'll work out fine.

So, about the thread. What's the balance of inter-character drama, action, and scooby-doo-sleuthing going to be like? I'll adjust my character accordingly.

Not to dash your hopes, but I hadn't really considered that much yet.  I have a few ideas for adventures along the way, but if it's just running around from crisis to crisis, mystery to mystery, this thread will get terribly boring, very fast.  I was hoping to have it be primarily character-driven (read: mix of drama and sleuthing), with the occasional "adventure planet" thrown in to move things along.

Hopefully, this is acceptable.

Yay, Snale! You were right about 1347. Let's hope Temperance being a better person than me will make this thread last for good.

Anyway, here's me OC.

Name: Khaldun

Warframe: Espirit Vauban

Coloring: Blue Neon secondary, deep black, Immortal skin, blue eyes, short brownhair, semi-beard/facial hairish stuff, Nordic-Arabic

Weapons: Sybaris, Synoid Gammacor, dual Krakows - custom-made Corpus-tech Tonfas with two Lankas mounted into each Tonfa and extendable blades on the sides

Role: Chief Historian, partial engineer - Khaldun is the one whose job it is to rediscover the past - to analyze direlicts, to understand isolated civilizations, that sort of thing. As such, he's well-versed in both history and Orokin technology, and has spent a good portion of his time as Tenno not as a warrior, but as a scholic.

He is antisocial and moody to a point, and a bit of a dreamer - very much a nerd. He can tend to go on about a topic in history that fascinates him to the point that he's talking to himself. Although most pre-Orokin-era history has been lost to the Collapse, Khaldun has takem it upon himself to educate himself as much as he can on later Orokin history, the history of alternate interstellar human civilizations such as that of the Skaians, and the colonization of the wider galaxy - his three main fortes. But what he finds will bring his intellectual elitism to the surface, and he will be a much more unpleasant person by the time this journey is over...

Very interesting, STMPD, but I am a bit worried about certain elements of both the character and the backstory.

1. the Krakows - It's generally a very bad idea to be hitting people with the barrel of a gun.  Logically, using a hollow tube, design to fire bullets in a straight line, as a club, causes it to perform the former function rather poorly.  Or, failing that, the shock of impact and gore from cutting people open will affect your trigger mechanism.  In short:  Nice try combining the Redeemer and the Cronen, but I'm afraid this is one creative foray I'm going to have to curtail.

2. I love the idea of an intellectual elitist, but that bit about wider galactic colonization, particularly the part about "alternate interstellar human civilizations" is going to have to go.  A historian is more than welcome, but not one that can answer virtually any question that may come up in the course of the mission.  A lot was lost in the Collapse, and I'm assuming that to include virtually anything concrete on the Orokin Empire beyond the Origin System.  It's fine if he studies that, but there is a reason that Tenno went to the Dark Sectors, and now, Frontier Space:  no one knows what's out there any more.

this thread looks pretty appealing?

Then by all means, through up a character post here in the OoC, and we'll be happy to have you!

If this is (partially) based off of Voyager...

...Would that make Tacis Tuvok?

Umm...maybe?  He's sure as hell not Chakotay.  And Viper has already pointed out that Atlanta reminds her of Belona.

Real quick, fish:  will you be taking control of our dear Grand Master Asscalibur, or will you be leaving him to me?

Edited by Temperance000