Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus In Bloom [Ooc]

Temperance000

Not to dash your hopes, but I hadn't really considered that much yet.  I have a few ideas for adventures along the way, but if it's just running around from crisis to crisis, mystery to mystery, this thread will get terribly boring, very fast.  I was hoping to have it be primarily character-driven (read: mix of drama and sleuthing), with the occasional "adventure planet" thrown in to move things along.

Hopefully, this is acceptable.

Yeah that sounds good. Besides linking to tvtropes, you monster, it's like rickrolling that sucks you in for three hours.

Thinking about what frame this character'll be. Maybe Saryn, or Trinity, depends on whether someone's using one or the other.

Edited by SnaleKing

Interested in this RP, would like to join, have a good idea of my character in my head, though I'm not sure what role to take. (other than that he understands just about every language in the Origin system, from his own quiet studies and a little help from Cephalon Suda)

Yeah that sounds good. Besides linking to tvtropes, you monster, it's like rickrolling that sucks you in for three hours.

Thinking about what frame this character'll be. Maybe Saryn, or Trinity, depends on whether someone's using one or the other.

*accepts compliment for tvtropes link*

Any 'frame is fine, but off the top of my head, we haven't had many good Saryns.  

*whispers* scrubshee

Interested in this RP, would like to join, have a good idea of my character in my head, though I'm not sure what role to take. (other than that he understands just about every language in the Origin system, from his own quiet studies and a little help from Cephalon Suda)

Just throw up the post here in the OoC, Dalimir.  We'd love to have you, but I already had to step on a few of STMPD's ideas.  I just want to make sure the All-Knowing Blue Box hasn't stuffed any spoilers or plot-breakers into your head.
Edited by Temperance000

I plan on being Asscalibur.

Excellent!  One less character for me to RP.  He made a brief appearance in my first post, watching Temp being worked on in the medical center.  His Kubrow was with him.  Otherwise, he's all yours, fish.

Edited by Temperance000

*accepts compliment for tvtropes link*

Any 'frame is fine, but off the top of my head, we haven't had many good Saryns.  

*whispers* scrubshee

Ah, I'd nearly forgotten about scrubshee. She kind of ended up being Stork, though.

I have a rage/lifestrike Saryn build I enjoy using for exterminate missions. I'll make someone out of that.

I'm in the chatango, btw

Edited by SnaleKing

Okay, got my character, page beneath spoiler.

OC:

Name: Dalimir

Warframe: Shroud Nekros

Weapons: AkMagnus and Ether Reaper (Stalking Fan stance)

Appearance: Immortal skin, Mortos Syandana, Eos shoulder plates. His main colours are grey and red, with the areas that show channeling energy are pitch black, his energy is a blood red. Crimson eyes, very pale skin. His face consists of a crimson tattoo, detailing a sword with two jagged points, facing blades down, with the jaw bone of a skull around where his jaw would be, some areas of this tattoo has a luminescence that matches his Warframe's energy colour.

Personality: He tends to keep to himself, but is willing to engage in conversation when approached. He is generally apathetic to everyone around him, and does not see himself as being rude, just brutally honest of his opinion. You will never see him out of his frame, as he wears it like a second skin, and even sleeps in it, only feeling comfortable inside his Warframe. He is distrusting of the Lotus, and see her as a manipulator/puppeteer using the Tenno, though he took this mission because everything outside the Origin System, be it hostile or not, is a potential threat that must be

evaluated and properly dealt with.  Should the need for combat arise, he is most capable, though most would question his sanity should they witness him. As he tends to remain stationary while he fires his AkMagnus' into the enemies around him, sometimes not even bothering to dodge the bullets sent his way as they breach his shields, letting the pain caused to him fill up his energy, gaining glee from knowing that they are helping him unleash himself fully, and savours the moments when he completey breaks the spirits of those against him, as he recuperates by turning the corpses around him into a healing energy, and summons the souls of those he had killed to fight for him. Though this style does not come without its weakness: He can become overconfident, and take so much damage to the point he is at death's door, at which he will grow desperate and attempt to flee, recovering the healing energy from whatever corpse he can find to get himself back into a proper fighting state.

Think that about covers it, maybe, anyway, is the chatango thing a requirement? Or is that optional?

Edited by Dalimir

Okay, got my character, page beneath spoiler.

OC:

Name: Dalimir

Warframe: Shroud Nekros

Weapons: AkMagnus and Ether Reaper (Stalking Fan stance)

Appearance: Immortal skin, Mortos Syandana, Eos shoulder plates. His main colours are grey and red, with the areas that show channeling energy are pitch black, his energy is a blood red. Crimson eyes, very pale skin. His face consists of a crimson tattoo, detailing a sword with two jagged points, facing blades down, with the jaw bone of a skull around where his jaw would be, some areas of this tattoo has a luminescence that matches his Warframe's energy colour.

Personality: He tends to keep to himself, but is willing to engage in conversation when approached. He is generally apathetic to everyone around him, and does not see himself as being rude, just brutally honest of his opinion. You will never see him out of his frame, as he wears it like a second skin, and even sleeps in it, only feeling comfortable inside his Warframe. He is distrusting of the Lotus, and see her as a manipulator/puppeteer using the Tenno, though he took this mission because everything outside the Origin System, be it hostile or not, is a potential threat that must be

evaluated and properly dealt with.  Should the need for combat arise, he is most capable, though most would question his sanity should they witness him. As he tends to remain stationary while he fires his AkMagnus' into the enemies around him, sometimes not even bothering to dodge the bullets sent his way as they breach his shields, letting the pain caused to him fill up his energy, gaining glee from knowing that they are helping him unleash himself fully, and savours the moments when he completey breaks the spirits of those against him, as he recuperates by turning the corpses around him into a healing energy, and summons the souls of those he had killed to fight for him. Though this style does not come without its weakness: He can become overconfident, and take so much damage to the point he is at death's door, at which he will grow desperate and attempt to flee, recovering the healing energy from whatever corpse he can find to get himself back into a proper fighting state.

Think that about covers it, maybe, anyway, is the chatango thing a requirement? Or is that optional?

Ah, our very own Grim Reaper.  Sounds interesting; go ahead and throw him into the (not-so-proverbial?) blender.  Just as long as we don't get too many "strong silent" types.

Chatango is our preferred method of OoC communication, excepting information which may have to be referenced later.  That stuff gets posted here; all idle conversation (preferably) takes place over there.  However, you are by no means required to make an account; you can continue as a temporary user.  In fact, I do so out of principle, primarily to irritate fishworshipper.

One general announcement:  All newcomers (and people still thinking about joining), please refer back to the Original Post for some important details regarding participation, and a link to the chatango page.

Can we still join in?

New OC:

Name: Annabelle(Ann)

Warframe:Trinity

Personality: Pretty stock when put up to what a trinity would be like, but I hope to get some development for her through this thread, motherly, helpful, and with an over-all claiming demeanor, a soothing voice and healing hand, she comes from a past that would normally make a tenno go for a Valkyr warframe rather than a trinity. Often seeks a way to appease everyone at once, and as a result has neutral standing with almost all the syndicates, with the exception of cephalon Suda, of whom finds her uninteresting. Practically a pacifist, she's trained weapons all her remembered life, but has never been able to bring her self to level one at an enemy, not to mention even attempting to shoot at it. If after a battle, she can be found caring for the wounded, not discriminating between syndicates, but allowing grineer and infested out of their misery. She extracts a promise before healing wounded Corpus, and can often later be found kneeling, her hands pressed together as of praying.

Companions: A shade sentinel follows her around, though she was greatly urged to get a dethcube, which would do the fighting for her.

Weapons: Carries a Latron Wraith, Dex Furis, and a Prova Vandal, having three different weapons provided from three different sources to prove her neutrality, and never fired a shot to attain them.

That's her.

Edited by ultimatumcore

Very interesting, STMPD, but I am a bit worried about certain elements of both the character and the backstory.

1. the Krakows - It's generally a very bad idea to be hitting people with the barrel of a gun.  Logically, using a hollow tube, design to fire bullets in a straight line, as a club, causes it to perform the former function rather poorly.  Or, failing that, the shock of impact and gore from cutting people open will affect your trigger mechanism.  In short:  Nice try combining the Redeemer and the Cronen, but I'm afraid this is one creative foray I'm going to have to curtail.

2. I love the idea of an intellectual elitist, but that bit about wider galactic colonization, particularly the part about "alternate interstellar human civilizations" is going to have to go.  A historian is more than welcome, but not one that can answer virtually any question that may come up in the course of the mission.  A lot was lost in the Collapse, and I'm assuming that to include virtually anything concrete on the Orokin Empire beyond the Origin System.  It's fine if he studies that, but there is a reason that Tenno went to the Dark Sectors, and now, Frontier Space:  no one knows what's out there any more.

Solid points. I'll edit that post.

What's wrong with other civilisations that popped up during the Orokin's reign, anyhoo? I never said they were the Sentient... yeah okay you're right that's a bit too much to know.

"Can I go with them? To the stars?" The young boy asked with wide eyes as the interstellar ship took off in a burst of multicolored fire.

"Indeed. All the lights in the sky are stars, and right there," The old man pointed at the center of their vast galaxy. "Is where our Spiral brothers await."

Could I join? Or am I not allowed to join (based on how I write)?

I do not believe I am familiar with your work, Renegade343.  Could you please post or PM me your prospective character's profile, and links to your most recent thread and/or the thread/post which you feel shows you at your best as an RPer?

Can we still join in?

New OC:

Name: Annabelle(Ann)

Warframe:Trinity

Personality: Pretty stock when put up to what a trinity would be like, but I hope to get some development for her through this thread, motherly, helpful, and with an over-all claiming demeanor, a soothing voice and healing hand, she comes from a past that would normally make a tenno go for a Valkyr warframe rather than a trinity. Often seeks a way to appease everyone at once, and as a result has neutral standing with almost all the syndicates, with the exception of cephalon Suda, of whom finds her uninteresting. Practically a pacifist, she's trains Edith weapons all her remembered life, but has never been able to bring her self to level one at an enemy, not to mention even attempting to shoot at it. If after a battle, she can be found caring for the wounded, not discriminating between syndicates, but allowing grineer and infested out of their misery. She extracts a promise before healing wounded Corpus, and can often later be found kneeling, her hands pressed together as of praying.

Companions: A shade sentinel follows her around, though she was greatly urged to get a dethcube, which would do the fighting for her.

Weapons: Carries a Latron Wraith, Dex Furis, and a Prova Vandal, having three different weapons provided from three different sources to prove her neutrality, and never fired a shot to attain them.

That's her.

You're right; that's pretty stock for a Trinity.  I might be convinced to give this OC a chance, but there are a few things I think might need correction or explaining.

1.  One disliking and everyone else neutral is not how Syndicates work, to the best of my knowledge.  How can everyone except Cephalon Suda be indifferent to her, if she's ever or never done anything for any of the Syndicates?

2.  What the hek are Edith weapons?

*the two mags came upon the entrance of the docking, looking at the specters they walked up and sorta both tilted their heads to the left at the same angle*

both spoke: "never seen specters up close before..."

Okay Reedfish.  We need to have a talk before something (or someone) snaps and feelings get hurt.  What the hek is going on with your characters? You're 3 posts in, and literally ALL we've gotten is a brief description of salt and pepper Mags with Grams, a bit of banter alluding to some family trouble, and some lore-breaking with those CPID badge things.

If you're going to continue to be a part of this thread, I need more from you.  You know a guy called TheCrimsonTuckr?  Don't be like him.  We have lots of RPers here who are willing to help you improve your writing, but I need to see some evidence that you're at least trying.  As of now, I'm not even sure you can write a coherent paragraph.
Edited by Temperance000

I do not believe I am familiar with your work, Renegade343.  Could you please post or PM me your prospective character's profile, and links to your most recent thread and/or the thread/post which you feel shows you at your best as an RPer?

You're right; that's pretty stock for a Trinity.  I might be convinced to give this OC a chance, but there are a few things I think might need correction or explaining.

1.  One disliking and everyone else neutral is not how Syndicates work, to the best of my knowledge.  How can everyone except Cephalon Suda be indifferent to her, if she's ever or never done anything for any of the Syndicates?

2.  What the hek are Edith weapons?

Okay Reedfish.  We need to have a talk before something (or someone) snaps and feelings get hurt.  What the hek is going on with your characters? You're 3 posts in, and literally ALL we've gotten is a brief description of salt and pepper Mags with Grams, a bit of banter alluding to some family trouble, and some lore-breaking with those CPID badge things.

If you're going to continue to be a part of this thread, I need more from you.  You know a guy called TheCrimsonTuckr?  Don't be like him.  We have lots of RPers here who are willing to help you improve your writing, but I need to see some evidence that you're at least trying.  As of now, I'm not even sure you can write a coherent paragraph.

Cephalon Suda cares about things that interest it. With how stock Annabelle is, I don't imagine things would be interesting if you never shoot a gun, though she is something of an oddity because she never has. Regardless, cephalon Suda doesn't hate her, Suda just kind of isn't riveted by her presence.

I don't believe I mentioned any Edith weapons...

Cephalon Suda cares about things that interest it. With how stock Annabelle is, I don't imagine things would be interesting if you never shoot a gun, though she is something of an oddity because she never has. Regardless, cephalon Suda doesn't hate her, Suda just kind of isn't riveted by her presence.

I don't believe I mentioned any Edith weapons...

"Practically a pacifist, she's trains Edith weapons all her remembered life, but has never been able to bring her self to level one at an enemy, not to mention even attempting to shoot at it."

(emphasis mine)

As for the rest, you're saying that she's never done any Syndicate work, and so is completely neutral, with Suda being lukewarm towards her only because she is so completely uninteresting as a person?

Edited by Temperance000

Still waiting on a response from you before I send a drone for your OC, ultimatumcore. Renegade343, I still need those links.

Oh, and one other thing, ultima. How the hek did your character get limited-run gear without firing a shot?

FOR ALL THOSE THINKING OF PARTICIPATING:

This thread has gotten much larger than I predicted, much faster than I could have dreamed. I am touched by the attention, but as I have said, the Manifold is a small world, and I don't want it to get too overcrowded.

With this in mind: enrollment for "Lotus in Bloom" will OFFICIALLY CLOSE at MIDNIGHT, PACIFIC STANDARD TIME on DECEMBER THE 24th, CHRISTMAS EVE. If you wish to join, please notify me and put up a character post in the OoC before that time.

Edited by Temperance000

well since we already have a vauban... And I don't like overlapping 

"Huh... this wind... hmm... Maybe a something like me could have changed?"

Name: Testament

Nicknames: Testa or Tesy and sometimes Tesla

Frame: Oberon

Helm: Markhor

Syndana: uru

Colors: 

Primary: White

Secondary:black

Tint1: White

Tint2: black

Energy: red/blue/black (changes at times to set his mood or mission)

Weapons

Primary: Karak. Also skilled with a hek, Highly skilled with a vectis (Note: Testament's bow skills shouldn't be looked on...) (Safety concern: DO NOT LET NEAR EXPLOSIVE WEAPONRY!) 

Secondary: Mainly his brothers marelok, But also brandish twin gremlins (Note: A bit of "artist" with his "tools")

Melee: Any thing that can wound, break, destroy, and kill. Built in kogake(Brutal tide stance). Testament usually touts a odd sword that resembles a Germanic blade known as the "Zweihander". An odd energy surrounds the hilt leading up to the blade, more research is much needed to understand this weapon   

personality

"Only if I was given enough time to change my mind... I wouldn't have been in this hell... But it's what you want, right Dad?"

Testament can't remember anything of his past from our last visit to his therapist, yet he continues to show reactions to key words that triggers his memory from the events of Node: Eris, Sector: Solium. It may have seem something made his "mentality" snap? His anger issues have grown to be higher then the normal rate of a rhino... A close eye should be kept on him at times that would "trigger" him to act out, Yet with all this anger pint up inside of him and random breakouts... He can still seem to be what humans and tenno call "happy"? He enjoys and hates being with others but he disgust himself when left alone, this maybe due to the eris mission? When he's alone... I notice an odd behavior of him speaking to himself... or someone? Like stated before, this could be from the eris mission that he took?- Testaments Liset A.I. K4g3 logging out...

Been a long time since I rp, hopefully this was good?

Temperance, questions: I'd assume she'd go an as a combat medic, able to be on the battlefield in order to help the wounded, And as such got rewarded weapons such as the Latron Wraith and Prova Vandal as gifts for her help. Dex Furis supposedly went out to all tenno awake at the time. Edith weapons... Autocorrect, will edit, meant to say, "has trained with weapons all her life." Idk why it autocorrected to Edith. If you noticed, when she went to see Suda, I said she got a bland greet, meaning that, while Suda isn't hostile to her, it also isn't keen on having her around. I am indeed saying that she has done no syndicate work, or I would rather go with, she worked with syndicates here and there, but either didn't get any credit for not wearing a sigil or she simply found a round about way to eventually come out neutral with the syndicates.

Recruiting's open till 24.

Awesome! Do you think theres room for a Low ranking newly formed Nova prime?

I kind of go by the logic that My character, Alaizia, discovered a Orokin Device that appeared to be a golden hair-clip like object,  which she had taken from a tower in the void. The device was actually a key for upgrading a warframe and during Alaizia's down time it " updated " her warframe, transforming her normal nova into a nova prime.

um another issue may be my character's appearance though o_o dont know if the art I have of her will be allowed. 

heres The only art I have of her body type ^_^' http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/291/f/0/nova_alaizia_highres_by_alaiziadarkstar-d81ysab.jpg um, and I have yet to get a good Nova prime Version of her yet. http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/291/1/6/alaizia_refrence_by_jcdr_by_alaiziadarkstar-d83akjy.jpg 

yeah I dont expect you guys to actually except my character..

Awesome! Do you think theres room for a Low ranking newly formed Nova prime?

I kind of go by the logic that My character, Alaizia, discovered a Orokin Device that appeared to be a golden hair-clip like object,  which she had taken from a tower in the void. The device was actually a key for upgrading a warframe and during Alaizia's down time it " updated " her warframe, transforming her normal nova into a nova prime.

um another issue may be my character's appearance though o_o dont know if the art I have of her will be allowed. 

heres The only art I have of her body type ^_^' http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/291/f/0/nova_alaizia_highres_by_alaiziadarkstar-d81ysab.jpg um, and I have yet to get a good Nova prime Version of her yet. http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/291/1/6/alaizia_refrence_by_jcdr_by_alaiziadarkstar-d83akjy.jpg 

yeah I dont expect you guys to actually except my character..

Yeah. Yeah people might not be ok with that.