Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus In Bloom [Ooc]

Temperance000

Hey Snale, quick point:  Temperance is not actually with the group at the moment.  The conversation between him and Jinx took place over Warframe comms.  Sorry for the confusion; I know it wasn't very clear.

Hi, um do you think theres a possiblity I could join this rp? its understandable if you dont want to accept my character.

well since we already have a vauban... And I don't like overlapping 

"Huh... this wind... hmm... Maybe a something like me could have changed?"

Name: Testament

Nicknames: Testa or Tesy and sometimes Tesla

Frame: Oberon

Helm: Markhor

Syndana: uru

Colors: 

Primary: White

Secondary:black

Tint1: White

Tint2: black

Energy: red/blue/black (changes at times to set his mood or mission)

Weapons

Primary: Karak. Also skilled with a hek, Highly skilled with a vectis (Note: Testament's bow skills shouldn't be looked on...) (Safety concern: DO NOT LET NEAR EXPLOSIVE WEAPONRY!) 

Secondary: Mainly his brothers marelok, But also brandish twin gremlins (Note: A bit of "artist" with his "tools")

Melee: Any thing that can wound, break, destroy, and kill. Built in kogake(Brutal tide stance). Testament usually touts a odd sword that resembles a Germanic blade known as the "Zweihander". An odd energy surrounds the hilt leading up to the blade, more research is much needed to understand this weapon   

personality

"Only if I was given enough time to change my mind... I wouldn't have been in this hell... But it's what you want, right Dad?"

Testament can't remember anything of his past from our last visit to his therapist, yet he continues to show reactions to key words that triggers his memory from the events of Node: Eris, Sector: Solium. It may have seem something made his "mentality" snap? His anger issues have grown to be higher then the normal rate of a rhino... A close eye should be kept on him at times that would "trigger" him to act out, Yet with all this anger pint up inside of him and random breakouts... He can still seem to be what humans and tenno call "happy"? He enjoys and hates being with others but he disgust himself when left alone, this maybe due to the eris mission? When he's alone... I notice an odd behavior of him speaking to himself... or someone? Like stated before, this could be from the eris mission that he took?- Testaments Liset A.I. K4g3 logging out...

Been a long time since I rp, hopefully this was good?

Mostly acceptable.  Get rid of the Zweihander and keep the Kogake, or change the Zweihander to a Galatine and dump the Kogake.  Otherwise, go ahead and post in the IC.  I'll send a drone for your character if he can't find the airlock by himself.

Oh, and try to keep the anime-style introspective monologues to a minimum.

I just hope we don't get too many more brooding loner characters...

Temperance, questions: I'd assume she'd go an as a combat medic, able to be on the battlefield in order to help the wounded, And as such got rewarded weapons such as the Latron Wraith and Prova Vandal as gifts for her help. Dex Furis supposedly went out to all tenno awake at the time. Edith weapons... Autocorrect, will edit, meant to say, "has trained with weapons all her life." Idk why it autocorrected to Edith. If you noticed, when she went to see Suda, I said she got a bland greet, meaning that, while Suda isn't hostile to her, it also isn't keen on having her around. I am indeed saying that she has done no syndicate work, or I would rather go with, she worked with syndicates here and there, but either didn't get any credit for not wearing a sigil or she simply found a round about way to eventually come out neutral with the syndicates.

I still can't say I'm entirely comfortable with this, ultima.  Tenno who bear Warframes are warriors by definition, in my book.  And seriously, who rewards nurses with guns?

That aside, I would stick with the version where she has not actually done any work for the Syndicates, aside from maybe general medical care for any of their wounded.  I'll send a drone for her, and we'll work out the kinks as we go.

Preferably, as quickly as possible.

Hi, um do you think theres a possiblity I could join this rp? its understandable if you dont want to accept my character.

Write a profile for your character, and/or a short scene featuring her, and post it here in the OoC or send it to me via PM.  I just need a sense of how you write.

I will tell you straight off:  ditch that crap about the Orokin hairclip upgrade thing.  If your character is just a Nova Prime newly awoken from cryo who for some reason wants to go on an interstellar trip, that's fine by me, and frankly, much more plausible.

Edited by Temperance000

Mostly acceptable.  Get rid of the Zweihander and keep the Kogake, or change the Zweihander to a Galatine and dump the Kogake.  Otherwise, go ahead and post in the IC.  I'll send a drone for your character if he can't find the airlock by himself.

I still can't say I'm entirely comfortable with this, ultima.  Tenno who bear Warframes are warriors by definition, in my book.  And seriously, who rewards nurses with guns?

That aside, I would stick with the version where she has not actually done any work for the Syndicates, aside from maybe general medical care for any of their wounded.  I'll send a drone for her, and we'll work out the kinks as we go.

Preferably, as quickly as possible.

Write a profile for your character, and/or a short scene featuring her, and post it here in the OoC or send it to me via PM.  I just need a sense of how you write.

I will tell you straight off:  ditch that crap about the Orokin hairclip upgrade thing.  If your character is just a Nova Prime newly awoken from cryo who for some reason wants to go on an interstellar trip, that's fine by me, and frankly, much more plausible.

I see, I guess ill try to get around to working on something ...

Alright then, might as well change it from "can't" to "has an aversion to it, but if convinced she is working for the right cause, is quite the ally." Then, appeases you, makes her weapons make sense, fulfills my want for the character to at least be different from other tenno in some way. That sound good? (Will go with the "didn't bother to mess with the syndicates" way, it's definitely simpler.)

Hey Snale, quick point:  Temperance is not actually with the group at the moment.  The conversation between him and Jinx took place over Warframe comms.  Sorry for the confusion; I know it wasn't very clear.

I'll go ahead and fix that, thanks

done!

Edited by SnaleKing

Alright then, might as well change it from "can't" to "has an aversion to it, but if convinced she is working for the right cause, is quite the ally." Then, appeases you, makes her weapons make sense, fulfills my want for the character to at least be different from other tenno in some way. That sound good? (Will go with the "didn't bother to mess with the syndicates" way, it's definitely simpler.)

Sounds fine.  Thank you, ultima.  Ancilla's proxy just picked up Annabelle, and is leading her to the airlock to meet with Praetor.

Also, a brief announcement:  that little segment with Praetor and the Mags did indeed signal the departure of Reedfish from this RP.  He has chosen to bow out for what I gather to be Real Life reasons.

Edited by Temperance000

No problem boss, Since the Galatine is the closest thing to a Zweihander it'll have to do  

Alright, here is my character (after debating about whether to do it for a long while, and having Lego bricks trying to kill me [literally] is not helping): 

Name: Alfrond (I swear this name already appears in a book or something, but my RNG name generator gave me this). 

Warframe: Frost with normal helmet and nothing else, except for choosing a grey primary colour, and more muted blue for his energy and secondary/tertiary/quaternary (as in: Colour 2, Tint 1, and Tint 2, in that order) colours (I chose this one).. 

Role (or at least the things he was always assigned to): Tech and hacker (as in, computer hacking, not hacking someone to bits). 

Weapons: 

Secondary: A Spectra modified for increased beam length (because we have Sinister Reach now). 

Primary: Grakata (modded for less recoil and ammo mutation only). 

Melee: Heat Dagger (normal, for stabbing someone, cutting wires and unscrewing screws). 

Personality: 

A Tenno who likes to keep himself to himself, if he can do it, so that he could continue to hone his skills as a tech and hacker, but would still go out to talk to a few fellow Tenno if he gets weary of the things he is doing, or is frustrated that an action he is doing is not going his way (exploding electronics while fixing things [repetitively], failing to hack a system in time etc.), and wants to vent his frustration to someone. However, while he is doing what he is comfortable with (before the results show, or something unexpected happens), he can get very chatty with other fellow Tenno, but then tends to forget what they were talking about after he is finished with what he was doing. That had cost him a few hundred thousand credits once when he forgot a bet with a Tenno, that they made while he was busily fixing up a part of a Liset's engines. 

In combat, he just stays silent, unless he has to lead the battle, in which he would go crazy with his voice (as in, talking about anything while giving orders in between them), and just continue to chat even if things are going rather south. Has decent accuracy with his Grakata, and could hold off on his one in a small corridor against a small group of enemies when needed. 

Family is having a Twilight Imperium game with me in it, so just know that I'll be late replying today.

Also, Winged; I do believe that Snale's character is a brown and pale green coloured Saryn, the Stalker coloured and geared Nyx is Viper's character, whom Lusith caught up with before Zokah approached her.

Hey everyone,

Just a little pet peeve that I forgot to mention:  I and many of the other RPers in this thread would prefer to see more than one line per post.

Understand that this is not a hard-and-fast requirement; if there is literally nothing you can find to write about, the occasional one-liner is acceptable.  However, due to some bad experiences with past RPers, one-liners tend to be associated with laziness, poor writing, and/or general lack of effort.  If almost all of your posts are one line, or one sentence, or fairly close to that, we may have a problem.

My ultimate point is, please take your time and think through your posts before putting them up in the IC.  I want everyone to enjoy themselves in this RP, and part of that involves full participation from fellow RPers.

I understand that Christmas is in just a few days, so posting will likely slow to a crawl, if not stop entirely.  Just remember that enrollment closes at midnight on the 24th; if you want to join and haven't posted a character sheet here, please do so before then.

That's all from me for now.  For questions, comments, and concerns, you know where to find me.

Best wishes for a happy holiday,

Temp 

Hey everyone,

Just a little pet peeve that I forgot to mention:  I and many of the other RPers in this thread would prefer to see more than one line per post.

Understand that this is not a hard-and-fast requirement; if there is literally nothing you can find to write about, the occasional one-liner is acceptable.  However, due to some bad experiences with past RPers, one-liners tend to be associated with laziness, poor writing, and/or general lack of effort.  If almost all of your posts are one line, or one sentence, or fairly close to that, we may have a problem.

My ultimate point is, please take your time and think through your posts before putting them up in the IC.  I want everyone to enjoy themselves in this RP, and part of that involves full participation from fellow RPers.

I understand that Christmas is in just a few days, so posting will likely slow to a crawl, if not stop entirely.  Just remember that enrollment closes at midnight on the 24th; if you want to join and haven't posted a character sheet here, please do so before then.

That's all from me for now.  For questions, comments, and concerns, you know where to find me.

Best wishes for a happy holiday,

Temp 

What time zone would closing time be at?

With this in mind:  enrollment for "Lotus in Bloom" will OFFICIALLY CLOSE at MIDNIGHT, PACIFIC STANDARD TIME on DECEMBER THE 24th, CHRISTMAS EVE.  If you wish to join, please notify me and put up a character post in the OoC before that time.

Midnight, PST tomorrow.

Family is having a Twilight Imperium game with me in it, so just know that I'll be late replying today.

Also, Winged; I do believe that Snale's character is a brown and pale green coloured Saryn, the Stalker coloured and geared Nyx is Viper's character, whom Lusith caught up with before Zokah approached her.

I understand. I had to read quickly since I was doing a Driver's Ed project. Caught that mistake myself and corrected it accordingly. I believe the post should be all well and fine now. Edited by WingedCrusade

One of the things that always bugged me whilst attempting to read Faithful is that I didn't really know who was who. I'd advise copying all those character profiles to the OP once the Manifold takes off so readers of our chronicle can get some background about each character. Just a thought!

One of the things that always bugged me whilst attempting to read Faithful is that I didn't really know who was who. I'd advise copying all those character profiles to the OP once the Manifold takes off so readers of our chronicle can get some background about each character. Just a thought!

I'll keep that in mind.  The OP is getting a bit dense as it is, but I am keeping a running log of RPers and characters in a separate doc.

Alright, here is my character (after debating about whether to do it for a long while, and having Lego bricks trying to kill me [literally] is not helping): 

Name: Alfrond (I swear this name already appears in a book or something, but my RNG name generator gave me this). 

Warframe: Frost with normal helmet and nothing else, except for choosing a grey primary colour, and more muted blue for his energy and secondary/tertiary/quaternary (as in: Colour 2, Tint 1, and Tint 2, in that order) colours (I chose this one).. 

Role (or at least the things he was always assigned to): Tech and hacker (as in, computer hacking, not hacking someone to bits). 

Weapons: 

Secondary: A Spectra modified for increased beam length (because we have Sinister Reach now). 

Primary: Grakata (modded for less recoil and ammo mutation only). 

Melee: Heat Dagger (normal, for stabbing someone, cutting wires and unscrewing screws). 

Personality: 

A Tenno who likes to keep himself to himself, if he can do it, so that he could continue to hone his skills as a tech and hacker, but would still go out to talk to a few fellow Tenno if he gets weary of the things he is doing, or is frustrated that an action he is doing is not going his way (exploding electronics while fixing things [repetitively], failing to hack a system in time etc.), and wants to vent his frustration to someone. However, while he is doing what he is comfortable with (before the results show, or something unexpected happens), he can get very chatty with other fellow Tenno, but then tends to forget what they were talking about after he is finished with what he was doing. That had cost him a few hundred thousand credits once when he forgot a bet with a Tenno, that they made while he was busily fixing up a part of a Liset's engines. 

In combat, he just stays silent, unless he has to lead the battle, in which he would go crazy with his voice (as in, talking about anything while giving orders in between them), and just continue to chat even if things are going rather south. Has decent accuracy with his Grakata, and could hold off on his one in a small corridor against a small group of enemies when needed. 

I swear I didn't forget about you, Renegade *sweat drop*

Your character looks fine.  However, I am a little hesitant to have another brooding loner in the mix.  Please consider this when you are writing his interactions, and try to make him distinct as a character.

Otherwise, you're clear to post an introduction in the IC.

Abra sat down near, but not quite next to, the Tenno playing Flying (or was it Flappy?) Zephyr. According to some, the game had been designed by Darvo in his spare time. Not unreasonable, but Abra liked to think that the Lotus herself made the game to pass the time.

Kate rested her back on the wall, observing the Tenno coming in. Quite a few were clearly Stalker fanboys, but the Valkyr and Saryn seemed nice.

The Valkyr seemed ever so familiar, but Kate dismissed the thought as she took a drag from her e-Cig™.

Okay, normally I don't go around playing policeman, but I am not letting this one slip by.

Achaix, get that "e-cig" thing out of my thread.  You want your character to be a smoker, fine, but do something original.  None of this product-placement crap, or so help me, I will bring Praetor down on your head so hard, your characters will wish they were stranded naked on the Europan tundra with a pack of feral Infested bearing down on them.

Edited by Temperance000

Hum! In that case, I'll post the profiles, made by the good Doctor Daurd.

Kate:

Full Name: Kate Esperanza Fleming

Height: 1.83 m.

Ailments/Disorders: Mild case of ASD (Acute Stress Disorder). Medicated, full recovery expected.

Equipment: Harlequin Mirage, Dual Zoren, Soma, Akbolto.

Personality: Enjoys causing discomfort, but not pain. Dislikes seriousness and being left out. Few social inhibitors.

Personal Notes: Kind, but blunt. Offered to fix my datapad, but told me to stop using toupeé. Appointment with gene therapist made.

Hobbies: Repairing damaged objects. Effect on Kate is almost therapeutic.

Abra:

Full Name: Abrá-alixerni Gae'rnklet Nosh'té Stephen.

Height: 1.97 m.

Ailments/Disorders: Recovering from PTSD (Post Traumatic Strees Disorder). Occasional meetings with psychologist in Vesper Relay.

Equipment: Oberon, Galatine, Vectis, Marelok.

Personality: Inhibited, but prone to outbursts. Deep-seated need to help others.

Personal Notes: Polite, but not cheerful. Complimented my hair.

Hobby: Cooking, likes to share his food. Occasionally tries his hand at bonsai.