Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

I would only caution that your design is almost too alien to be considered a tenno. While current warframes within the game are all unique, each adheres to a very futuristic armor aesthetic whereas your rough sketches look entirely organic. Maybe add in some artificial components to keep it rooted in the current lore.

That said, I love your art concepts as well as the idea behind your design. Keep working on it. Hopefully it one day makes it into the game.

Not EACH, actually. I mean, look at Saryn. If Saryn works, Dragon works.

Not EACH, actually. I mean, look at Saryn. If Saryn works, Dragon works.

I was actually gonna say this too.

Saryn is basically an organic frame if you take a gander at her. I mean, she's a poison frame, what's more organic than that? If she weren't an organic frame, she'd be throwing out acid instead, but she's poison bro.

And besides, though the technocyte virus turns you metallic and whatnot, Tenno are still basically modified humans, and that the frames are just suits. If you actually know the background about Dark Sector, the development of the suit was made hand in hadn with the technocyte virus. So again, IMO there's no limit to introducing organic frames into the game as the suits themselves have an organic component in them.

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest a new name for the Warframe, Levian, meaning Fire Tongue, or Bahamut

Bahamut? And have Squaresoft sue DE? LOL

I like the idea, especially that bahamut dragons are metallic.

But I would suggest Arondight, the dragon slaying sister sword of Excalibur.

Bahamut? And have Squaresoft sue DE? LOL

I like the idea, especially that bahamut dragons are metallic.

But I would suggest Arondight, the dragon slaying sister sword of Excalibur.

Bahamut or Bahamoot (/bəˈhɑːmuːt/ bə-hah-moot; Arabic: بهموت‎ Bahamūt) is a vast fish that supports the earth in Arabian mythology.

than again, this is a dragon warframe

not really much of a big fish

Edited by Guest

keep him a male its seems that the community all ways leans for female frame's  every time some one comes up with a concept  

well you know how DE is with gender equality (alternate back and forth between male and female for introducing frames)

we can only hope that the dragon comes in on the male half of the cycle

well you know how DE is with gender equality (alternate back and forth between male and female for introducing frames)

we can only hope that the dragon comes in on the male half of the cycle

I won't throw a fit either direction. Male of Female I would just like to see a Draconian Frame. I somehow fail to see what the big difference is for many people, I guess I have a different perspective on playing Male of Female characters, I have about 50/50 split on gender when it comes to games.

• 2 weeks later...

Trust me that a number of Council know of it. We like the idea, granted I am not bold enough to say the Council approves of it entirely as I speak for myself not the Council.. I know I like the devoted time that has gone into this but ultimately it's DE's decision and I am sure they have seen this thread, it's been around and supported for a long time.

The more people who know the better.

This is Amazing! We still need a Draconic-Type Frame in the game, so i would love to see this as the face of U12! (Doubt that will happen though...)

The concept is absolutely beautiful both the male and female concept, and i realy hope this will be added! I would spend any amount of platinum for this Warframe! :D

This is soooo sexy! Only one suggestion: You're using the most badass mythological creature of all time and you have so much room for creativity here! Please try to make the abilities a little more interesting. Something that hasn't been done before preferably, but if not at least something not overused.

-Edit-

I thought of one.

Take Flight: 25 Energy - Dragon leaps into the air in whichever direction he is moving (standing still is straight up), extends his wings, and beats them once, sending him into the air moving at sprinting speed. If enemies are caught under Dragon as he leaps, they are knocked over. Dragon falls less quickly while wings are extended. If used while already in the air, Dragon beats his wings again, further increasing his speed or redirecting a fall. If stunned while wings are extended, Dragon crashes down hard on his back and creates a shockwave. Increases melee damage from ground slams used while active.

This could be Dragon's mobility power, and would be awesome to play with. It would cost 25 energy for each beat of the wings, with a cooldown (until the animation resets), so that players can't get to ludicrous speeds, or fly forever. It could help you out of plenty of bad situations.

One last thing, it would be so much cooler if Dragon breathed fire instead of his wrists shooting flames.

Edited by Hanselhoof

The lore for this would be awesome if it were to be out in-game, which I'm actually hoping for. Plus, although Valkyr's rip line makes me feel like spiderman, flight would be a great addition to the game mechanics. I mean, if the grineer can fly (Hellions) why can't we?

True, though they only show up in the most open tile set to date and even then they only hover or dash to the side. I'll just say it would be a difficult power to balance out, as the advantage in mobility is pretty clear.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing job man ! +1 

Only problem I have with it is the last ability , 

what about , Dragon fury =

Dragon starts levitating with his fiery wings and spits fire/plama   waves from his mought dealing high damage to any enemy in front of him on screen . ( Huge dragon breath attack)