Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

Well, if it IS dragon, which, I highly doubt it is. Don't want to get my expectations too high.

I'll just have another reason to spend platinum, like hell I'll be wasting time farming this beast. Gotta have it ASAP.

For the first time, I may buy something without trying to farm it !

Now, IF Dragon is the theme of the next Warframe, then there is a very important note that needs to be made:

Zephyr was very loosely based on Volkovyi's concept - appearance, themes, abilities, etc. The original concept was more of a gust-creating Martial Artist with air support alternate abilities, and what we got was a frame that focused on the (initially vague) bird gimmick.

Dragon, by contrast, comes off much more as a work-in-progress; even the name sounds like a placeholder (they didn't call Oberon 'paladin', much as that would have been a better name...). They've already stated that the next frame's abilities would allow the player to swap elements based on their energy color, which cuts the "plasma" theme right out. It may even have more glaring differences than Zephyr, since "Dragons" are something of a broad concept...

IF Dragon is next, don't be surprised if a lot changes. I doubt it would be recognizable to those familiar with this thread.

True, simply naming the warframe Dragon clashes with other objects in the game.

Dragon keys, Dragon Nikana, can't go with Draco because we already have a node called Draco.

possible names: (feel free to add)

Drake

Endrian

Ryujin / Ryuu

Wyvern

Zodiac

Dracul

Samael, (we have Valkyr and Loki from mythology/religion, so why not samael)

True, simply naming the warframe Dragon clashes with other objects in the game.

Dragon keys, Dragon Nikana, can't go with Draco because we already have a node called Draco.

possible names: (feel free to add)

Drake

Endrian

Ryujin / Ryuu

Wyvern

Zodiac

Dracul

Samael, (we have Valkyr and Loki from mythology/religion, so why not samael)

You're limiting it too much, and forgetting that Warframe borrows several names from mythology and folklore (Excalibur, Oberon, Banshee, Loki, etc).

For example, Fafnir transformed himself into a dragon. Siegfried/Sigurd bathed himself in the blood of Fafnir to gain near-invulnerable flesh. Either of these names could befit a potential release of a dragon-based Warframe.

Besides, Oberon and Nix are also nodes.

can't go with Draco because we already have a node called Draco.

You do know there's also a node called Oberon?

Now, IF Dragon is the theme of the next Warframe, then there is a very important note that needs to be made:

Zephyr was very loosely based on Volkovyi's concept - appearance, themes, abilities, etc. The original concept was more of a gust-creating Martial Artist with air support alternate abilities, and what we got was a frame that focused on the (initially vague) bird gimmick.

Dragon, by contrast, comes off much more as a work-in-progress; even the name sounds like a placeholder (they didn't call Oberon 'paladin', much as that would have been a better name...). They've already stated that the next frame's abilities would allow the player to swap elements based on their energy color, which cuts the "plasma" theme right out. It may even have more glaring differences than Zephyr, since "Dragons" are something of a broad concept...

IF Dragon is next, don't be surprised if a lot changes. I doubt it would be recognizable to those familiar with this thread.

Hey, it's the same with Mesa, several gunslinger concepts were suggested before her release but neither of them seemed like a DE's favorite, all of them had little in common except the theme.

I expect to see no similarities between their frame and this concept except for maybe the vague dragon thing going on.

I'd love to see this frame made reality. I just created my own frame concept post about a week ago that's going well, and I hope it makes it some day soon as well, but I also really like this one. Typhus is great too, but I'm afraid that they'll avoid that one because of possible lore conflicts and animation issues.

I hope the frame they alluded to in the devstream was this one. Fingers crossed.

Edited by jmforeman02

You're limiting it too much, and forgetting that Warframe borrows several names from mythology and folklore (Excalibur, Oberon, Banshee, Loki, etc).

For example, Fafnir transformed himself into a dragon. Siegfried/Sigurd bathed himself in the blood of Fafnir to gain near-invulnerable flesh. Either of these names could befit a potential release of a dragon-based Warframe.

Besides, Oberon and Nix are also nodes.

they were just a few examples cuz I just woke up.

mentioning mythology and religion when i said Samael was because most Christians I know would go apes*** over it, while they themselves are totally ok with other religions/myths being used in games

You do know there's also a node called Oberon?

didn't know about those nodes because I almost never visit Pluto or Uranus, my bad

Hmm how about something like

NAGA (Meaning serpentine dragon in Hinduism according to Wikipedia lol)

or

Drakon (Dragon in greek or something)

Or we can just wait for DE to make a cool name for the NEXT FRAME!

Hmm how about something like

NAGA (Meaning serpentine dragon in Hinduism according to Wikipedia lol)

or

Drakon (Dragon in greek or something)

Or we can just wait for DE to make a cool name for the NEXT FRAME!

Here in some parts of Asia, we call dragons "naga" too. Damn, I wish (if the next one is a Dragon frame) they'd name it Naga.