Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

I'm pretty sure that with close to 1000 upvotes, dragon frame is not happening. Hate to be that guy but this concept has been a thing, literally forever. If DE has not said yes yet, that means someone has to have said no.

It has been a concept for literally forever? As in before the earth and before the big bang and all that other stuff the dragon concept was around? For over billions and billions of years? sorry but you cant even use literally right. Your incorrect negative nellie opinion has no value here.

What if during rising dragon as a 'finisher' of sorts, instead of the constant damaging aura from the Plasma, what if he launched kinda like a 'Plasma bomb' style attack kinda like this kinda like a metor spell from final fantasy. He's a dragon, this fits xP

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/screen_kubrick/416/4161502/2305524-final_fantasy_xiv_ffxiv_a_realm_reborn_1920x1080_31563+%281%29.jpg

Well, the tricky thing with plasma is how to interpret it through Warframe damage types. And to do this we need to look at what exactly plasma is.

Plasma is one of the 4 states of matter in our universe, with the other 3 being solid, liquid, and gas. Now, many say that plasma is just a superheated gas, but it isn't that simple. Plasma is an ionized gas, with the ionization achieved through either intense heat or strong electromagnetic fields.

Plasma is not radiation, radiation is a form of energy.

I'm not suggesting what combo of damages that plasma should be, but with all the wrong-headed ideas about what plasma should be, I felt the need to clarify.

Gas+Electric/Gas+Magnetic....?

RISING DRAGON (Ultimate)

Energy: 25 (+4/sec) Description: Dragon launches into the air via plasma jets, dealing AOE plasma damage* to all enemies around him, and takes flight. Dragon has increased speed and free movement while in flight. While Rising Dragon is active, Dragon is engulfed by a plasma aura, dealing low continuous plasma damage* to enemies nearby; however, Dragon's energy constantly drains. When Dragon runs out of energy, Rising Dragon ends. Affected by Power Strength and Power Duration.

Plasma Damage: Plasma is not meant to be a new elemental type. Instead, it would just be 50% Heat damage, and 50% Magnetic damage (or whatever DE deems to be an appropriate combination).

Tell me what you think!

Cannot be used as drained only as timer and cooldown drain will provide spam like absorb

I seriously think it's about time that a community generated warframe was implemented into the game again. It reinforces the idea that DE really listens to us and we have a voice to help shape the game we know and love.

That being said, both this and Typhus are great candidates as the next community generated warframe. I personally would prefer Dragon but would be happy with either.

RISING DRAGON (Ultimate)

Energy: 25 (+4/sec) Description: Dragon launches into the air via plasma jets, dealing AOE plasma damage* to all enemies around him, and takes flight. Dragon has increased speed and free movement while in flight. While Rising Dragon is active, Dragon is engulfed by a plasma aura, dealing low continuous plasma damage* to enemies nearby; however, Dragon's energy constantly drains. When Dragon runs out of energy, Rising Dragon ends. Affected by Power Strength and Power Duration.

Plasma Damage: Plasma is not meant to be a new elemental type. Instead, it would just be 50% Heat damage, and 50% Magnetic damage (or whatever DE deems to be an appropriate combination).

Tell me what you think!

Cannot be used as drained only as timer and cooldown drain will provide spam like absorb

It IS meant to be spammed!

If it was used as you want there would be less fun in this.