Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

Definitely love the idea of a dragon frame. I would think Plasma damage would probably be like half heat, half radiation. The only thing I don't like is that his shields are currently higher than his health. When I think dragon, I think high health, good armor, not afraid to bleed a little, definitely intimidating when he gets right up in your face. I would say bump up health some, maybe to around Ash/Saryn level.

reminds me of rhino... 

it would be cool if in order to build this frame you'll need sys, chass, helm & rhino to build

a major upgrade to existing frames actually sounds like an amazing idea..

Dragon for Rhino

Typhus for Necros or w/e

etc..

this sounds awesome.. but lets not get ahead of ourselves

Edited by BaIthazar

Best concept in this game imho.  I remember when this came out in early 2013, was a fan and still a fan, hope to see it soon!  Love the alternate helms and lore as well, would love to see DE include this lore somehow in a Lotus broadcast as a nod to the author.  =)

Reveal Trailer concept:

Despite countless safety protocols to prevent the Grineer and Corpus from finding the Lotus' base of operations, The Corpus have finally managed to locate her.
They have now send a massive Army of their most powerfull proxies to try and capture her and strip her base of unique technologies.

Even though she is confident, The Lotus cannot rely solely on her own defences for fear of unforeseen circumstances.

So she calls upon a squad of skilled Tenno operatives to come to her home to try and halt the Corpus advance.

The squad, consisting of an Excalibur, Rhino, Trinity, and Ash (can be whatever) arrive at the base and engage the corpus that are currently advancing on the main Gate.

*some fighting happens :P *

The first 3 armies of proxies have been dealt with, scrap metal scattered everywhere,

The floor can no longer be seen from the sheer amount of scrapped robots.

The Tenno are tired and low on ammo, but just as they try to rest, a missile from one of the Corpus ships blows a hole in the Bulkhead of the Gate.
As the Tenno struggle to get up, disorientated from the blow and their fatigue, they are unable to stop multiple groups of proxies from entering the base.

Recovered, they enter the base in pursuit of the Proxies, who now have a significant head start.

They fear for the Lotus' safety, charging deeper into the Fortress, cutting away at any corpus they find along the way.

Finally they reach the inner core, but it is too late.. only 1 hallway remains between them and the chamber of the Lotus, and the Corpus got here first.

The door opens and the Tenno are stunned,

They look through the long, decorative hallway.

Hundreds of Corpus proxies, on the floor, completely destroyed.

The only thing left in this room, are 4 Large Statues standing next to the Final Door.

As they walk towards the door, they notice the detail on the statues, they look unlike any Warframe they have ever seen, The Tenno point out their impressive physique, earning a jealous grunt from Rhino.

Approacing the door, The Tenno cannot fight their curiosity, this might be their only chance to actually meet the Lotus face to face.

As they are about to enter, the 2 nearest 'statues' suddenly spring into action and block their path.

2 Large intimidating Warframes tower over the Tenno and stare down at them.

Right when leaving seemed like the best idea, a voice is heared.

"Stand down! Let them enter"

The Guards step aside, and the door opens.

As the Tenno walk in, followed by 2 of the 4 Guardians, They enter a large 'spherical' room with a single narrow walkway leading to the center.

There they see her, she turns around and looks at them.

She smiles.

"I see you've met my guards."

*The End*

just an idea, might seem silly when I re-read it tomorrow when I've had enough sleep.

can also be edited to include a Grineer/Corpus alliance

Of course, every part of this story can just as easily be turned into a quest through which you unlock the pieces.

How the cinematic/trailer could be repurposed as a questline:

1. An invasion mission aimed at the ships approaching the Fortress to weaken the attacking force.

2. The Assault on the Front Gate. (of course doomed to fail, otherwise their ain't much point to it all :P, but who cares)

3. And the descent into the Fortress.

People might argue that my concept gives the Dragons an unrealisticly Larger stature compared to even Rhino.

which could be troubling in the animation department or seem unfair because it would make you an easier target ingame..

My defence to this would be.. that the 4 guardians of the Lotus are exceptions.

any regular Tenno who were to unlock the Dragon Warframe would be nowhere near as Large and GODLIKE *drool* as the Elite Guards, who.. for extra "badass points" could be 2 to 3 head taller than Rhino. that would be badass..

of course... Dragon is not my idea... but this would still be really cool.

tell me what you guys think.

Peace and Goodnight!

Edited by BaIthazar

Reveal Trailer concept:

Despite countless safety protocols to prevent the Grineer and Corpus from finding the Lotus' base of operations, The Corpus have finally managed to locate her.

They have now send a massive Army of their most powerfull proxies to try and capture her and strip her base of unique technologies.

Even though she is confident, The Lotus cannot rely solely on her own defences for fear of unforeseen circumstances.

So she calls upon a squad of skilled Tenno operatives to come to her home to try and halt the Corpus advance.

The squad, consisting of an Excalibur, Rhino, Trinity, and Ash (can be whatever) arrive at the base and engage the corpus that are currently advancing on the main Gate.

The first 3 armies of proxies have been dealt with, scrap metal scattered everywhere,

The Tenno are tired and low on ammo, but just as they try to rest, a missile from one of the Corpus ships blows a hole in the Bulkhead of the Gate.

As the Tenno struggle to get up, disorientated from the blow and their fatigue, they are unable to stop multiple groups of proxies from entering the base.

Recovered, they enter the base in pursuit of the Proxies, who now have a significant head start.

They fear for the Lotus' safety, charging deeper into the Fortress, cutting away at any corpus they find along the way.

Finally they reach the inner core, but it is too late.. only 1 hallway remains between them and the chamber of the Lotus, and the Corpus got here first.

The only thing left in this room, are 4 Large Statues standing next to the Final Door.

As they walk towards the door, they notice the detail on the statues, they look unlike any Warframe they have ever seen, The Tenno point out their impressive physique, earning a jealous grunt from Rhino.

Approacing the door, The Tenno cannot fight their curiosity, this might be their only chance to actually meet the Lotus face to face.

As they are about to enter, the 2 nearest 'statues' suddenly spring into action and block their path.

2 Large intimidating Warframes stare down at the Tenno.

As the Tenno walk in, followed by 2 of the 4 Guardians, They enter a large 'spherical' room with a single narrow walkway leading to the center.

She smiles.

*The End*

just an idea, might seem silly when I re-read it tomorrow when I've had enough sleep.

can also be edited to include a Grineer/Corpus alliance

Of course, every part of this story can just as easily be turned into a quest through which you unlock the pieces.

How the cinematic/trailer could be repurposed as a questline:

1. An invasion mission aimed at the ships approaching the Fortress to weaken the attacking force.

2. The Assault on the Front Gate. (of course doomed to fail, otherwise their ain't much point to it all :P, but who cares)

3. And the descent into the Fortress.

People might argue that my concept gives the Dragons an unrealisticly Larger stature compaired to even Rhino.

which could be troubling in the animation department or seem unfair because it would make you an easier target ingame..

My defence to this would be.. that the 4 guardians of the Lotus are exceptions.

any regular Tenno who were to unlock the Dragon Warframe would be nowhere near as Large and GODLIKE *drool* as the Elite Guards, who.. for extra "badass points" could be 2 to 3 head taller than Rhino. that would be badass..

of course... Dragon is not my idea... but this would still be really cool.

tell me what you guys think.

Peace and Goodnight!

MIND BLOWN

Reveal Trailer concept:

2 Large intimidating Warframes tower over the Tenno and stare down at them.

She smiles.

*The End*

First I'm all behind you for that story, damn good.

Then, you forgot to decribe how the Tennos react to the guards. Of course, fleeing is the most obvious reaction but... I'm sure it can be developped a bit more, even for non-talking characters suc as them.

First I'm all behind you for that story, damn good.

Then, you forgot to decribe how the Tennos react to the guards. Of course, fleeing is the most obvious reaction but... I'm sure it can be developped a bit more, even for non-talking characters suc as them.

I was thinking of the camera looking down at them them as a Hulking 'Giant' towers over them..

if done properly in a cutscene this could be used to give an appropriate atmosphere.

and I dunno.. maybe a heartbeat.. but I don't know wether Tenno have one :P

And after that awesome trailer, the alert revealing Typhus and Dragon

After sacrificing so much, the Corpus managed to get a hold of the Lotus' signal. Their first attempt to crush it has been almost a success, if it wasn't for two new forces engaging the enemy : the Dragons Warframe, ancient protectors, forced to come out to protect the Lotus, and the Typhus Warframe, specialized in offensive destruction, that were unleashed to annihilate the remaining Corpus forces.

But the situation has worsened.

The Corpus are back on tracking the Lotus again, and joined forces with the Grineer. You must not let them approach the Lotus again. Destroy their fleet and prevent them from tracking signals or exchanging vital information.

The special alert goes like this : you will have numerous alerts spawning on the map, at a quick rate, and with litte time to complete them. There will be two types : the defense and the offense. By the end of the event, if you have completed more defense, you will be rewaded with chassis, system and helm component of the Dragon and its blueprint, along with a free potato.

If it's the opposite, you will be rewarded with chassis, system and helm component of the Typhus and its blueprint and the free potato.

Just have to craft it.

And after that awesome trailer, the alert revealing Typhus and Dragon

After sacrificing so much, the Corpus managed to get a hold of the Lotus' signal. Their first attempt to crush it has been almost a success, if it wasn't for two new forces engaging the enemy : the Dragons Warframe, ancient protectors, forced to come out to protect the Lotus, and the Typhus Warframe, specialized in offensive destruction, that were unleashed to annihilate the remaining Corpus forces.

But the situation has worsened.

The Corpus are back on tracking the Lotus again, and joined forces with the Grineer. You must not let them approach the Lotus again. Destroy their fleet and prevent them from tracking signals or exchanging vital information.

The special alert goes like this : you will have numerous alerts spawning on the map, at a quick rate, and with litte time to complete them. There will be two types : the defense and the offense. By the end of the event, if you have completed more defense, you will be rewaded with chassis, system and helm component of the Dragon and its blueprint, along with a free potato.

If it's the opposite, you will be rewarded with chassis, system and helm component of the Typhus and its blueprint and the free potato.

Just have to craft it.

awesome idea.. have a potato