Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

CHALLENGE

Energy: 75 Description: For a duration of 15/21/27/34 seconds, Dragon issues a challenge to all enemies within range (continuous AOE taunt). When an enemy damages Dragon's shield, his Armor increases. When an enemy damages Dragon's health, his damage increases. Maximum increase are based on ability rank:

—Rank 0: 1.5x Armor, 1.3x Damage

—Rank 1: 2x Armor, 1.5x Damage

—Rank 2: 3x Armor, 1.7x

Rank 3: 4x Armor, 2x Damage

Affected by Power Strength (multiplier increase), Power Duration, and Power Range.

Vex Armor: When shields are damaged, Chroma's armor grows stronger, when health is damaged, weapon damage output increases. Active for a limited duration, the strength of this ability corresponds to rank.

Umm.

and 4th ability.

We're not exactly flying, but the pelt is.

Quite interesting.

The only similarities are the flight & AOE aspects. The AOE part is a no-brainer for an Ult. so really, it's just flight. It's a dragon frame, something is gonna fly. That's what dragons do: fly & breathe fire. 

Error 404: Endrian concept not found

I wonder if OP will get interviewed for assisting in extending Warframe's longevity with the new elemental dragon frame. Also, the idea of fans and theirs concepts adding to the game... I like it. What will be next from the community?

Better not bring that topic up. People will do their darnedest to try and make a point that Chroma made at most, minimal influence from this thread.

Not like any devs have posted in here or anything.

*coughs*

Considering the devs like to integrate ideas from their player base to the game, it would be nice to see some other concepts get put in.

Considering Chroma's 3rd ability stems directly from this concept, and it's the most fun I've had brawling in the midst of level 50~60 enemies, I can't wait to see what next frame will come.

The Dragon serves to be 100% fun.

Question:

Endrian, now that the game has 'a' Dragon warframe... what will you do next?

will you take a break from creating content? or will you try to come up with a new idea?

if so, will you take suggestions from your fans?

I've been sitting on this concept for a long time ever since the "update" of its design to 2.0, sort of creatively stagnating. Seeing "the Dragon" as a concept come to life though, in a big way, better than I could've ever envisioned or had the audacity of hoping it would turn out, has been inspiring. Maybe I'll come up with another concept, but for now, I'm just having a ball playing Chroma, hahaha. Already stuck three Forma into him. I absolutely love the "dragon's hoard"-style secondary effect of his ultimate, it's brilliant.

I've been sitting on this concept for a long time ever since the "update" of its design to 2.0, sort of creatively stagnating. Seeing "the Dragon" as a concept come to life though, in a big way, better than I could've ever envisioned or had the audacity of hoping it would turn out, has been inspiring. Maybe I'll come up with another concept, but for now, I'm just having a ball playing Chroma, hahaha. Already stuck three Forma into him. I absolutely love the "dragon's hoard"-style secondary effect of his ultimate, it's brilliant.

what element is you favorite ? i have hard time choosing fire over ice.

what element is you favorite ? i have hard time choosing fire over ice.

I haven't experimented a lot just yet; Electric I've given a more full test, seeing how its version of the Elemental Ward works in tandem with Effigy. Heat is what I've used the most of, and I've been putting Effigy to task in solo Infested defense. It's hilarious and fun, but unfortunately it's weirdly vulnerable to Ancient hook pulls; I call it "weirdly" because it has no animation for the pull, it just slides across the ground and ends up somewhere else. I feel like it shouldn't be so vulnerable to relocation like that.

I will say I like the new helmet more than the initial offering. My relief is palpable.

The great dragon awakens! XD

who else had that reaction when he posted? at any rate nice to see you still care. I imagine this is all a load of your back, Finally got the monkey off it or maybe im wrong and its still there and will always be there unless you forget about it and forget about warframe. At any rate gratz and glad youre alive and kicking or roaring! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA dragon pun!   ....Or I guess anything that roars.....

"AHH! A dragon frame! I wonder if that one guy's concept help them come up with an awesome design....WTF is this S#&$! SOme kind of Anteater. To hell with this."

That was my reaction to when I first saw the hype. Then I saw Chroma and was immediately turned off by the fact he looks nothing like an Dragon.

I love Dragons. It's part of my bloodline. My religion. My Heritage was founded on Dragons. Dragons are an amazing creature of existence. Their power! Their knowledge!

They are beings of Art, Style and Destruction!

SO I can't help feel utterly disappointed with what DE labeled as a "Dragon" Frame.

"AHH! A dragon frame! I wonder if that one guy's concept help them come up with an awesome design....WTF is this S#&$! SOme kind of Anteater. To hell with this."

That was my reaction to when I first saw the hype. Then I saw Chroma and was immediately turned off by the fact he looks nothing like an Dragon.

I love Dragons. It's part of my bloodline. My religion. My Heritage was founded on Dragons. Dragons are an amazing creature of existence. Their power! Their knowledge!

They are beings of Art, Style and Destruction!

SO I can't help feel utterly disappointed with what DE labeled as a "Dragon" Frame.

His new helmet though. have you seen it? It looks almost like the one this guy designed. :/ It's fancy.