Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

• 2 weeks later...

The concept art is AMAZING, but the abilities are way too similar to even consider. Plus, there is a new flying warframe now(Zephyr). You will have a very hard time trying to differentiate the fire abilities that Ember has, than from what Dragon has. Keep up the good work! Maybe you can have some alternate abilities. DRagonskin = IRON SKIN.

Awesome art & some fun ideas here! Keep being creative and developing possible powers and polishing your concept- don't get discouraged!

* I think the plasma stuff + armored tank + dragon theme is really neat and lots of folks seem to like it too!

* Any other armor ability ideas to distinguish from Rhino/Valkyr? Maybe elemental resist for team + melee boost for Dragon? Maybe it could absorb fire sources to heal itself or boost armor? (Just throwing crazy ideas out there)

Probably don't expect DE to "make" your idea, because devs have a ton of work just keeping a game going on top of new content. Designers have their own ideas to implement too- they can't just comb he forums and make everything we up vote ;) It would be really cool if it happened, but create just to create and share with the community, for its own sake, and we'll all be less disappointed.

Agreed. I imagine the concept board is full of potentials, and these things take time.

Besides, at some point I wonder if we wont get specialized frames and powers as Proxy Wars and future Quests and Focus becomes a reality.

I think though, a concept of this with some typical warframe suit components would be really great.

As it is now I love the look, but picture it more like a magic fantasy warrior, not a alien sci-fi ninja.

See my point?

You mean like Oberon, fabled myth? Nudge nudge.

I haven't made a lot of posts in the past, but I have been playing for a long time, and I too think this NEEDS to be made! I love dragons, and there's so much potential in this one.

My opinions about it:

-- Aesthetically, I think to fit with the rest of the warframe look and sci fi genre, the scales should be a bit more sleek, like metallic dragons rather than the rougher chromatics. Saryn does have more of an overall organic look, but most of her is still rather sleek and shiny. Some people early on have commented about the muscles (abs) visible, but other frames have that too. Ash and Ember, to some extent, and rhino has that less-armored abdomen too. I absolutely love the horns/spikes, and the scaly plated look, though I agree with some that the helmets should have less of the eyes (though some lines/slits there would keep to the theme well enough). The eyeless alternate helmet fits perfectly for warframe IMO (in fact, kinda reminds me of the feral frame's helmet that SUMA did, but the horns make it distinctly different). I really like the idea and look of the jet-wings in the Winged Lancer drawing (maybe change name to Blazing Charge or something, since it won't necessarily include a melee attack?), which for balance and stuff should be used only in some of the abilities. I also like the wing-flaps in the rear view, kind of like zephyr's tail. Overall aesthetically I think it's amazing, and needs very little tweaking. I also kind of think of the Collector armor from Mass Effect 2 &3, for ideas on integrating the biomechanical features. I wish I could draw that well...

-- Mechanically, I see this frame more as the tough, up-close bruiser (heavyweight short-range dps/ off-tank), in ways that Ash or Valkyr haven't satisfied me with. I'm not sure how "Plasma" would fit into the damage 2.0 system, but it could be it's own thing (would corrosive + fire work?), but I like how its abilities have debuffs (I see a lot of people who complain about pure-damage abilities being less useful at higher levels, and we already have plenty of other things/abilities that do damage). Having debuffs/CC's (like knockdowns or panicking) makes abilities much more tactically useful and interesting than pure damage ones. Also, I absolutely love the Winged Lancer ability, it's exactly what I would want: an A-to-B charge, with a radial blast at the end that damages and staggers (or otherwise CC's), which gives me time to get reoriented and hacking and smashing without getting punched in the face on arrival, and also can be used for mobility, to get some height for getting to different levels or secret areas (like zephyr's tail wind, though less controllable maybe). The ability reminds me of the Turian Havoc trooper in ME3 (one of my favorites), and the rocket boots and jet wings reinforces that image.  I also love the Dragonskin/Dreadnaught ability, if it has knockdown resistance/immunity, to allow the use of charge attacks and standing up to ancients and stuff (somewhat similar in function to Rhino's Iron skin; may not be as durable or long-lasting as I.S. depending on balance of regens, and uses more energy, but the aoe weakening and minor[-moderate] damage would also set it apart). If it was his ultimate, the regen could be faster/longer, and the aoe could be better, but if it was a 2 or 3 ability, it could be balanced with lesser regen and aoe. Also could slow his movement speed a little to have a drawback/difference (as more of an off-tank ability). Heck, another minor possibility is some reflection damage to melee attackers, as the Dragonskin could be spiky (or redirect the kinetic energy, or whatever). Exactly what other abilities and specific damage and costs and stuff would be up to DE, but the core of those two are essential IMO.

-- As for his stats, I can see  average health and shields (maybe like 90 shields instead), higher armor, and slightly above average speed (so he can close with enemies easier, being short-ranged), but also only average energy capacity (As stated, he's not a caster. Many consider Frost to be a battlemage, and he's only got 100 energy...). It would be his abilities that make him more tanky, especially if Dragonskin was cheaper, and the armor would mitigate damage somewhat, making the regen a little more impactful. I do think he should have a D polarity, but am not sure about V or - being better suited.

-- Some final notes, I like some variant on the name Drake (Drakeon, Draken, Drakis, or some other more historically-appropriate version, I think I saw some there), as it sounds more name-like, but also draconic. Also, if you look at the index of warframe fan concepts, you can find zephyr in there, and see how much of her they used from his ideas, which gives me hope for the future of the Dragon :) . It might take a while though, as DE already has so much on their plate. I can't wait.

With Melee 2.0 coming soon, hopefully there'll be more interest in a melee-focused frame :)

(hopefully no one saw this post and went TL;DR ... lol)

Edited by FatalHunter178

I just thought of something, since his original concept included plasma, maybe have som sort of melee-damage elemental buff-type move? Maybe where he covers his weapon with plasma or some other element, or maybe covers himself entirely in an element making him faster and more damaging but lowering defense or something? I 'dunno... Just ignore me...

I think it's been enough days to safely post this if it's being that active :P

Sharing in the proper thread, from This, Is...

This, is Dragon. Mythical and devastating.

One would not expect a Warframe of such fortitude to strike with such speed. However, Dragon's heightened maneuverability allows him to smite his enemies with burning Plasma effectively.

Dragon's abilities allow him to deal high burst-damage incendiary attacks, as well as become greatly offensive at the right moment with melee or ranged combat.

Winged Lancer sends Dragon hurtling forward from the force of back-mounted plasma jets. Upon reaching his destination, a radial blast of power is released, causing high damage and knocking away his enemies.

Dragon Rage gives Dragon a ferocity fitting of his namesake, greatly increasing his melee damage, attack speed, and fire rate of his weapons for a short time.

Plasma Wave incinerates a large area around Dragon with the sheer force of the stars, causing direct damage, as well as damage over time and weakening enemy armor.

No true knight can stand up to Dragon when provoked. Dreadnought increases Dragon's size and wreaths him in plasma flames, while his health and shields constantly regenerate. Enemies who dare to take on Dragon in close combat take continuous damage near Dragon, and suffer from weakened armor.

When Dragon returns to his lair, he can increase his potency with the power of mods. Duration mods increase the effect of all of Dragon's abilities, as does Strength mods to boost his formidable powers. Range mods allow Plasma Wave, Winged Lancer, and Dreadnought's fiery powers to sear even further targets.

Dragon is a ancient and deadly creature, Tenno. It is advised to avoid poking him.