Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

This is a glorious idea and needs to be a thing that exists in Warframe. Being able to rush into a horde of enemies, explode, then proceed to beat any survivors to death with fire is too fun of an idea to pass up. I do have a comment about the abilities though, at least with the 'Plasma' damage. Seeing as a few abilities lower armor because of the plasma, why not have the damage be a combination of Fire and Corrosive, with a 100% proc chance on the corrosive effect? I think it'd work out well, though I apologize if someone else suggested the exact same thing before.

Since I can think straight now...

I'd go with the idea of adding wings (folded unfolding when using a specific ability, it was posted here somewhere...) and a tail.

By the way... I love Dragons. And I want this one in Warframe

Edited by Drejzer

A dragon frame would be really cool.

But from which boss would he drop? Or would he drop the same way Vauban does?

I would probably do this while playing with my friend V . 

"I'M A DRAGON MODAFU*A ROOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  BOW DOWN BEFORE ME OR DIE !! "

Then I'll play the song Nightmare \m/ 

EDIT : Can anyone teach me how to do spoilers?

Edited by (PS4)korm-2_0

A dragon frame would be really cool.

But from which boss would he drop? Or would he drop the same way Vauban does?

I would probably do this while playing with my friend V . 

"I'M A DRAGON MODAFU*A ROOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  BOW DOWN BEFORE ME OR DIE !! "

In my case it would look more like

"I'M A DRAGON MODAFU*A ROOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  BOW DOWN BEFORE ME AND DIE !! "

or something along the lines...

Endrian, i love this concept, i just told my clan mates about it, and they love it as well, and we hope your frame gets moved along into production.

though my 2 cents on some ideas ( have to xp ) 

-make this the bruiser build, its awesome in concept and would just work with mele 2.0 

-name idea for power 1, take flight/ancient charge (give it huge blue fire scale wings) 

- name idea for power 2, blood rage/blood fury

-go with power 3a first, and name idea, dragon's curse

-name idea for power 4, ancient strength

-the scale armor look is awesome and usable since rhino has a semi-scaled armor look

awesome idea again i hope d.e. look at this concept man :) 

As a huge dragon fan i cannot pass a thread like this.

Id say 4 abilities would be:

1. Wing slash - wide horisontal slash that deals damage + gets targets to bleed. (ill numbers to developers)

2. Dragon roar - armor debuff shout for enemies and armor buff for allies.

3. Dragon scales - High Shield and health regen + bullet bounce back dealing damge like that reflection mod works now.

4. Wraithful gaze - All enemies in the area start to lose hp per second( high bleed) while occasionally get knocked down.

I like the looks concept.

It's good to see that people are still posting here...

Why did I feel old? nvm, As I said before, I'd love to see this warframe with wings. I wouldn't care if it was a female version, it's concept art was nice too.

Revised art, still rethinking abilities.

kj2jKk0.png

With the advent of Damage 2.0, plasma's no longer really viable, since there's a set number of elemental damage types now. Instead, Dragon will now focus on single combat and threat.

New ability concepts for consideration:

CHALLENGE (Offensive)

Energy: 50? 75? Description: Dragon challenges an enemy to fight him. All damage done to this enemy while the ability is active (10 seconds? Until death?) radiates outward, affecting not only the Challenged opponent, but all enemies surrounding him within a certain radius. Additionally, the challenged enemy is "taunted" and only targets Dragon for the duration. Affected by Power Strength and Power Range.

Alternatively ...

CHALLENGE (Defensive)

Energy: 25? 50? Description: Dragon challenges an enemy to single combat. While the ability is active, other enemies cannot damage or affect Dragon, and Dragon's challenged foe deals reduced (or zero?) damage to other party members. Similar to the offensive version of Challenge, the enemy is "taunted," but can target other warframes (but higher chance of targeting Dragon). Lasts for a set duration. Affected by Power Strength and Power Duration.

RISING DRAGON (Ultimate)

Energy: 100 Description: Dragon activates his built-in jumpjets and takes flight for a long duration (30 seconds by default?); engulfed by "dragonfire"; while in this mode, Dragon has increased speed, free movement in the air, and increased gun and melee damage. Cannot be staggered or knocked down. Affected by Power Strength and Power Duration.

Edited by Endrian

like the art endrian, more orokin/alien like, maybe the back jet pack turn it upside down so the spikes are downward? rising dragon is an awesome concept, but the challenge one seems a little broken where you can fight a boss or basically stop time except for one enemy at a time hmmm...not sure where to give you an idea here i apologize