Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

Amazing! Altough the Challenge power may not work out completely... Also the Rising Dragon ability seems very owerpowered. I would stick to the Winged Lancer on that one, becouse i realy liked the idea of Dragon being a Dragoon/Lancer type Warframe. And, this may be wrong but... It looks like from the art that you are making him more samurai-ish, and i personaly would advise against that seeing as we already have the Typhus concept. But otherwise, if i could add one, and only one more Frame to Warframe, it would be this! :3

And, this may be wrong but... It looks like from the art that you are making him more samurai-ish, and i personaly would advise against that seeing as we already have the Typhus concept.

Oh, I didn't know there was already a samurai-style-themed warframe; sorry.

Revised art, still rethinking abilities.

~snip~

With the advent of Damage 2.0, plasma's no longer really viable, since there's a set number of elemental damage types now. Instead, Dragon will now focus on single combat and threat.

New ability concepts for consideration:

CHALLENGE (Offensive)

Energy: 50? 75? Description: Dragon challenges an enemy to fight him. All damage done to this enemy while the ability is active (10 seconds? Until death?) radiates outward, affecting not only the Challenged opponent, but all enemies surrounding him within a certain radius. Additionally, the challenged enemy is "taunted" and only targets Dragon for the duration. Affected by Power Strength and Power Range.

Alternatively ...

CHALLENGE (Defensive)

Energy: 25? 50? Description: Dragon challenges an enemy to single combat. While the ability is active, other enemies cannot damage or affect Dragon, and Dragon's challenged foe deals reduced (or zero?) damage to other party members. Similar to the offensive version of Challenge, the enemy is "taunted," but can target other warframes (but higher chance of targeting Dragon). Lasts for a set duration. Affected by Power Strength and Power Duration.

RISING DRAGON (Ultimate)

Energy: 100 Description: Dragon activates his built-in jumpjets and takes flight for a long duration (30 seconds by default?); engulfed by "dragonfire"; while in this mode, Dragon has increased speed, free movement in the air, and increased gun and melee damage. Cannot be staggered or knocked down. Affected by Power Strength and Power Duration.

Art wise I still much prefer your original, but i can see the new concept being an nice skin alternate. Though not the same with out dragon wings (wouldn't mind a tail).

They can always add more elements, don't let old damage 2.0 stop the glory you have.

Ideas like this is why frames should have more then four base options with skills. Dat new ult doe.

I like the new art, but I think the old abilities would still be able to work in Damage 2.0, albeit in a modified fashion. Plus I really, REALLY like the original abilities. A draconic fighter flying into a horde of enemies before incinerating half and beating the crap out of the rest with a hammer sounds so freaking fun to play as.

After the tentacleframe , I feel the limits just got pushed to the horizon.

I got this mental image of Dragon summoning a fire dragon above him, attacking enemies and drawing agro for the duration.

Alt engulf in flame + wings .

• 2 weeks later...

Really love this concept. It inspired me to do my very own :D

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/214425-17-04-2014warframe-concept-crystal-based-wyvern-themed-warframe-updated-matazirana-artneeded/ (if anyone is interested in checking) 
of course that it's a lot different :3 a bit similar, but different :D

Anyway, I've always thought that as a syandana this warframe could have wings, litterally wings, that would interact with each skill and appear to be "alive"

Edited by Halphyos

Okay, this is absolutely awesome. I would personally destroy a Fomorian fleet for a Dragon frame.

Only got two problems, which are mostly just concepts about implementation.

One, Plasma elemental damage - the devs would never go for adding a unique element to the table. Perhaps it could be replaced by Finisher damage, [size=1]or Gas[/size] or something of that sort?

Two, Winged Lancer seems like another rehash of Slash Dash, Rhino Charge, Tail Wind and Tidal Surge... just with AoE. Perhaps he could get some kind of leap attack instead, like a slight homage to old school Final Fantasy dragoons? I know that it seems like a limited philosophy to blatantly copy another genre, but there aren't that many airborne gap closers, and it's not unfitting...

Okay, this is absolutely awesome. I would personally destroy a Fomorian fleet for a Dragon frame.

Only got two problems, which are mostly just concepts about implementation.

One, Plasma elemental damage - the devs would never go for adding a unique element to the table. Perhaps it could be replaced by Finisher damage, or Gas or something of that sort?

Two, Winged Lancer seems like another rehash of Slash Dash, Rhino Charge, Tail Wind and Tidal Surge... just with AoE. Perhaps he could get some kind of leap attack instead, like a slight homage to old school Final Fantasy dragoons? I know that it seems like a limited philosophy to blatantly copy another genre, but there aren't that many airborne gap closers, and it's not unfitting...

Plasma could just be a theme, just like how Nova has Antimatter (which was supposedly a new element, but was simply assimilated during Damage 2.0). The damage itself could act like Fire, but with an armor weakening effect (Puncture? Corrosive?)

Plasma could just be a theme, just like how Nova has Antimatter (which was supposedly a new element, but was simply assimilated during Damage 2.0). The damage itself could act like Fire, but with an armor weakening effect (Puncture? Corrosive?)

GIven plasma is superheated gas which has stabilized in an ionized state, it would likely be heat+magnetic were we going on realism. 

I like the stats and all that, I think the whole design needs to be dumbed down a little. By this I mean that this character is fitted out to be an ace in pretty much anything, which is unfair on other warframes with drawbacks. The warframe might need a few more setbacks to make it more balanced. Apart from that, good job!

Great idea! One question though, why plasma? Dragons are know for being fire/ice breathers (maybe even lightning) but ive never heard of plasma. Also, i see there is a BREATH attack, i think this should be a staple in his abilities for whatever he becomes because thats what a dragon is pretty much know for as well. Furthermore, i also think a BREATH attack should come from the mouth and not the gauntlets/arms. However, this is not my idea. I'm just giving my insight, Hope this becomes a reality :D

Great idea! One question though, why plasma? Dragons are know for being fire/ice breathers (maybe even lightning) but ive never heard of plasma. Also, i see there is a BREATH attack, i think this should be a staple in his abilities for whatever he becomes because thats what a dragon is pretty much know for as well. Furthermore, i also think a BREATH attack should come from the mouth and not the gauntlets/arms. However, this is not my idea. I'm just giving my insight, Hope this becomes a reality :D

One: Becouse there is already frames with Fire/Lightning/Ice elements.

Two: I also hope this becoumes a reality! :3 This would be my main frame!

(Also, i think this would be awesome as some sort of Lancer/Dragoon frame... X3 Just my opinion...)

One: Becouse there is already frames with Fire/Lightning/Ice elements.

Two: I also hope this becoumes a reality! :3 This would be my main frame!

(Also, i think this would be awesome as some sort of Lancer/Dragoon frame... X3 Just my opinion...)

Ohhh makes sense, my bad :P and what about it coming from the gauntlets instead of the mouth? if i recall no frames have something that come from the mouth yet and it may make him a bit unique in i guess the creative department, even if only a tiny bit :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eGy5jk5BTsThe suit must be better than the presented in the trailer NEW Batman's Armor that means more than EPIC.Please have in mind that you are creating a third generation Warframe.

Notice

Warframe generations by visual and practical output categorization

Generation 1 Excalibur

Generation 2 Necros

Generation 3 Hydroid

Edited by VoidGhost

I've heard of poison, so why not plasma? 

Yup, breath, as name suggests, should come from mouth,

And, We all hope so.

About wings (Yes I know I'm presistent), they could be a exclusive syndana that interacts with abilities. Well if it was, it would be much more expensive than Nekros' or Valkyr's (since it would be difficult to make [i guess]) but still, I'd definitely buy it.