Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

Recovery8 does have a point. Lets just keep contributing to this thread so we can be on the Typhis's level and maybe beyond. Im working on MS Paint to create some fan art for Dragon.

Well that will be a grand feat if it can, this has been up over a year and Typhus has only been up for 3 months. I wish you the best of luck if it can...

also this looks quite a bit like a Rhino mixed with a 1998 Godzilla render:

2006_09_25_1_L.jpg

Rhino.jpg

Edited by EMagnolo

while the Design is cool. I dont think it would fit as a warframe, but thas just my opinion.

For me its the opposite.

The first designs were to much fantasy for my taste. But the concept has evolved and come a long way since then.

With the latest iteration it feels like a good concept for the artteam.

Seriously, Nekros. Oberon. Sephyr. They are just as unlikely on paper as Dragon.

Only thing is it needs a new name.

Like Draak or Draco or Draconis.

Something we think de would say.

Something like this would be nice in an event. Like Chinese New Year or something, the grineer launch "fireworks" and a new frame, based on the animal of that year appears. 

As a frame on its own, however, it looks fantastic. Heck yeah, it looks like Rhino with a lizard head slapped onto it, and that's GOOD. The game needs a mobility-tank based character. Rhino/Frost have some of if not THE slowest mobility in the game. It makes them useless as tanks since tanks are meant to take all the hits, not wait at the back and hope to get a few stragglers. Now, with this concept and the  4th ability especially, it bridges the gap between Tanky frames and the "normal" frames.

While I do love the design, his look is based on western dragons while a large number of Tenno elements are Asian inspired. You should consider drawing an Asian style for he Dragon frame, possibly as an alternate skin and helm.

endrian, maybe you should make the alt skin and call it loong, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dragons_in_mythology_and_folklore  after the eastern lung, also he could have a personal weapon specilization, a fist weapon thats called hydra, http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-exploration/35031-zulaman-fist-weapons.html shaped like dragon headed, and a more scaled/armored versions of these and when he uses his powers they increase in damage as well, to go with his berserker persona, maybe call his spear smaug? (too cliche?) or bahamut?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dragons_in_popular_culture just what im using to go off of

Edited by (PS4)lorekeeper0316

love the concept but i just have one question and some feedback.

When reading the beginning it sounds like there are multiple of these frames. If im correct, in the universe of warframe, not the way we play it, tthere is only 1 warframe used by a single tenno if im correct. That means one volt and only one volt. one frost and only one frost. Maybe im wrong, but wouldnt that mean there would only be one Dragon? in stead of they, it would be he. He spends most his time training/meditating, or He was finally forced to act.

Dont get me wrong, I love dragons and your idea and 100% support it, im just a bit confused because i thought the tenno or Lotus were a small faction fighting (a) bigger force(s). Other than that your pretty much good.

Except the first ability should be direction Dragon is facing, not cursor pointing because in game its just a camara, and no cursor. Not being a grammar freak just saying it might confuse a few people.

Also, this concept is a much better starting look. Use the same colors as the 2.0 one, just add them. As of right now, the current 2.0 looks like a rhino with an alt helm. But this starting body and helm looks very unique and good:k3Piucr.png

Also, use the skin when he is fighting that big monster as an alternate body/skin. While the helmet could be his 2nd alt helm.

This one:TkMCxiV.png

If you did that, would be fantastic and perfect. Sorry if this is worded weird or hard to understand lol

PS: that weapon above (polearm/spear) hope its a spear, (we need a spear in this game) is amazing looking and should be his themed weapon. Like how the Nami Skyla is Hydroids

PSS: your an incredibly talented artist :)

Edited by Brawleee

love the concept but i just have one question and some feedback.

When reading the beginning it sounds like there are multiple of these frames. If im correct, in the universe of warframe, not the way we play it, tthere is only 1 warframe used by a single tenno if im correct. That means one volt and only one volt. one frost and only one frost. Maybe im wrong, but wouldnt that mean there would only be one Dragon? in stead of they, it would be he. He spends most his time training/meditating, or He was finally forced to act.

Dont get me wrong, I love dragons and your idea and 100% support it, im just a bit confused because i thought the tenno or Lotus were a small faction fighting (a) bigger force(s). Other than that your pretty much good.

Except the first ability should be direction Dragon is facing, not cursor pointing because in game its just a camara, and no cursor. Not being a grammar freak just saying it might confuse a few people.

Also, this concept is a much better starting look. Use the same colors as the 2.0 one, just add them. As of right now, the current 2.0 looks like a rhino with an alt helm. But this starting body and helm looks very unique and good:

k3Piucr.png

Also, use the skin when he is fighting that big monster as an alternate body/skin. While the helmet could be his 2nd alt helm.

This one:

TkMCxiV.png

If you did that, would be fantastic and perfect. Sorry if this is worded weird or hard to understand lol

PS: that weapon above (polearm/spear) hope its a spear, (we need a spear in this game) is amazing looking and should be his themed weapon. Like how the Nami Skyla is Hydroids

PSS: your an incredibly talented artist :)

I'm of the mind that there are a multitude of Tenno (although still small in number compared to Corpus, Grineer, and Infested), and that each Warframe is part of a series of identical armors, descended/replicated from the original Orokin designs (thus why you can have a Rhino and a Rhino Prime); remember the video with Alad V, where he dismembers an Excalibur with the Pendragon helmet? That was still an Excalibur; canonically, if there's only one of each Warframe, that'd mean Excalibur (or at least the "Pendragon"-variant Excalibur) would be dead now. No more Pendragon-helmeted Excaliburs.

This is why I think there could be a number of "Dragons," not just one. Consider the idea of clans, and how some clans can be a thousand members in size, not to mention alliances. A thousand different Warframes? Unlikely, to me.

As for the grammar in the ability description, I'll fix that. (EDIT: Fixed. It now refers to your crosshair, not cursor.)

I'll see about doing a mockup of an alternate skin based on the "boss-fight" concept.

I'll also see about doing some more Eastern dragon-themed helmet variants.

Glad you like the artwork!

Edited by Endrian

I'm of the mind that there are a multitude of Tenno (although still small in number compared to Corpus, Grineer, and Infested), and that each Warframe is part of a series of identical armors, descended/replicated from the original Orokin designs (thus why you can have a Rhino and a Rhino Prime); remember the video with Alad V, where he dismembers an Excalibur with the Pendragon helmet? That was still an Excalibur; canonically, if there's only one of each Warframe, that'd mean Excalibur (or at least the "Pendragon"-variant Excalibur) would be dead now. No more Pendragon-helmeted Excaliburs.

This is why I think there could be a number of "Dragons," not just one. Consider the idea of clans, and how some clans can be a thousand members in size, not to mention alliances. A thousand different Warframes? Unlikely, to me.

As for the grammar in the ability description, I'll fix that. (EDIT: Fixed. It now refers to your crosshair, not cursor.)

I'll see about doing a mockup of an alternate skin based on the "boss-fight" concept.

I'll also see about doing some more Eastern dragon-themed helmet variants.

Glad you like the artwork!

I never disagreed was just a bit confused :P but yea i see were you are coming from and completely agree anyway again love your work and maybe we could play together sometime :D

Their will be another Prime Time tonight, lets make a shout out for The Dragon Warframe's sake. And yes Typhus maybe leading but I can tell you right now, he is not fit to be a Warframe. Lets pitch in and give Dragon some more support. This thread is doing well so far.

Well, that's a remarkably petty, and frankly immature thing to say. You don't see people in the Typhus thread saying that Endrian's concept doesn't deserve to be a Wawrframe, do you? You didn't see people in other threads saying that Zephyr was never "Fit to be a Warframe", did you? This particular concept may not be my cup of tea, but I've nothing but praise respect for the dedication and time put into projects like this.

The least you can do is return some of that respect, no? We're all human, after all, and no one concept is more or less better than any other.

^ this.

This is not a competition. Lets all treat each other with respect and show support for artists willing to work this hard.

Comparing frames like this make no sense to me. At all.

Edited by arch111