Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

With all due respect, I don't hate this thread, in fact; I love it, but it's some of the subscribers in this thread seem to have a bit of a burr under their saddle.   

So the concept; It’s great, I think it could really work in-game, and I'd be proud to have one in my armoury. Your skills as an artist are certainly top-tier, and I'm glad I was able to see your work. If I can think of anything more constructive for your concept at a later time I'll let you know.  

To the vocal few of your subscribers, though, I'd like to say something: Pushing a concept is all well and good, we wouldn't have a few of the 'Frames we have now if a small cadre of dedicated fans didn't support their favoured artists. But there's a point that just should not be crossed, and that point is trying to "One-Up" or "Out-Do" another group of fans. After that, well, an argument starts, and with arguments comes mud-slinging, and no one will walk away from that in a good mood. After that, neither concept will be looked upon favourably by the developers due to the sheer lengths people went to, to get their concept noticed, if even for the briefest of moments. It reflects poorly on the community, and it, to be blunt and honest, makes those few seem rather immature. I believe that we, as a dedicated community, should come together and always try to support EVERY concept, and always try to assist others with their concepts if they have problems.   

That is why I'm posting this now. To let you all know that I believe in every concept equally. This forum should never devolve into a petty popularity contest; this forum should be a haven of acceptance for all ideas, large and small, well thought-out or just a few paragraphs, and regardless of the artistic skill of the creator. And thus, Endrian, You'll have my support, through thick and thin, through good times and bad. Keep up the good work.

Is dragon his name? or just a placeholder? cause Drake would sound better, its both the name of a type of dragon and an actual name, it also sounds cool.

Well, "Dragon" could work, seeing as we have Rhino...

But yes, Drake sounds nice... It depends on Endrian thou.

What about "Dragoon"! :3 Dwagooon~

Is Winged Lancer just another Slash Dash, but with a radial burst gimmick at the end? 

Or does it basically launch you into the air and deal damage at the impact point, more like an instant Dive Bomb with travel distance?

Because I'm gonna be honest, little sick of the former.

Also, beyond that... a lot of his abilities remind me of Valkyr. The "spreading his wings and gaining additional damage" thing is cool, but the two buffs feel very Warcry-ish.

[size=2]Does anyone even need two buffs...[/size]

Edited by Archwizard

It would be nice if there was possibility to "turn" while using Winged Lancer.

THAT would be a little bit unique, wouldn't it?

this is how I see it:

you press "1" (or whatever key you have set for ability) and if you don't move your camera around Dragon will flu straight,but If you move camera Dragon will turn. I think That it would look like in this clip (when he uses the jetpack):

But turns would not be so drastic. Edited by Drejzer

With all due respect, I don't hate this thread, in fact; I love it, but it's some of the subscribers in this thread seem to have a bit of a burr under their saddle.   

So the concept; It’s great, I think it could really work in-game, and I'd be proud to have one in my armoury. Your skills as an artist are certainly top-tier, and I'm glad I was able to see your work. If I can think of anything more constructive for your concept at a later time I'll let you know.  

To the vocal few of your subscribers, though, I'd like to say something: Pushing a concept is all well and good, we wouldn't have a few of the 'Frames we have now if a small cadre of dedicated fans didn't support their favoured artists. But there's a point that just should not be crossed, and that point is trying to "One-Up" or "Out-Do" another group of fans. After that, well, an argument starts, and with arguments comes mud-slinging, and no one will walk away from that in a good mood. After that, neither concept will be looked upon favourably by the developers due to the sheer lengths people went to, to get their concept noticed, if even for the briefest of moments. It reflects poorly on the community, and it, to be blunt and honest, makes those few seem rather immature. I believe that we, as a dedicated community, should come together and always try to support EVERY concept, and always try to assist others with their concepts if they have problems.   

That is why I'm posting this now. To let you all know that I believe in every concept equally. This forum should never devolve into a petty popularity contest; this forum should be a haven of acceptance for all ideas, large and small, well thought-out or just a few paragraphs, and regardless of the artistic skill of the creator. And thus, Endrian, You'll have my support, through thick and thin, through good times and bad. Keep up the good work.

And you have mine. I've been a background lurker in your thread for awhile now; I admire the work and thought you've put into the internal workings of your creation, especially.

Is dragon his name? or just a placeholder? cause Drake would sound better, its both the name of a type of dragon and an actual name, it also sounds cool.

Dragon is his name, but the name is ultimately up to DE. I'm fine with it being changed to whatever they think appropriate, but I'd like to have the "spirit" of the name intact—representative of where he comes from.

Is Winged Lancer just another Slash Dash, but with a radial burst gimmick at the end? 

Or does it basically launch you into the air and deal damage at the impact point, more like an instant Dive Bomb with travel distance?

Because I'm gonna be honest, little sick of the former.

Also, beyond that... a lot of his abilities remind me of Valkyr. The "spreading his wings and gaining additional damage" thing is cool, but the two buffs feel very Warcry-ish.

Does anyone even need two buffs...

It's not a Slash Dash. It deals damage at the end of the dash in the AOE. The first "living" obstacle he hits will trigger the AOE attack; it only goes the full possible travel distance if he doesn't hit anything on the way.

Edited by Endrian

While the Tenno slept in cryostasis ...

... they waited.

As the Grineer empire grew unchecked ...

... they hardened their bodies.

As the Corpus cult harvested Orokin settlements ...

... they sharpened their minds.

As the Infestation spread to every corner of the Sol system ...

... they honed their blades.

When the enemies of the Tenno finally tracked down the Lotus ...

... they found Dragons.

Sorry, sorry. I couldn't read the rest of the paragraph after that last line. I can only imagine the surprise when Vor and his minions finish blowtoching a hole in a locked door, kicking it in: "I will reduce --"

then being immediately reduced to ashes. 

(That's his line where he says he'll reduce you clan name to ashes)

Okay, going back to read the rest of the paragraph now.

Sorry, sorry. I couldn't read the rest of the paragraph after that last line. I can only imagine the surprise when Vor and his minions finish blowtoching a hole in a locked door, kicking it in: "I will reduce --"

then being immediately reduced to ashes. 

(That's his line where he says he'll reduce you clan name to ashes)

Okay, going back to read the rest of the paragraph now.

Heh, Never thought of that...

That would be interesting thing to see... would it not?

Edited by Drejzer

The art looks like a Rhino reskin to me, and overall his abilities seem just a little too strong. He's looks completely untouchable through a combination of Berserker and Challenge, and if they're not going to give the air based Warframe free movement in the air I highly doubt they'll give even a dragon frame that kind of movement ability.

It's a novel concept, but not one I could get behind.

How about Rhino's Iron Skin? Or Trinity's Blessing?

Btw, does Zephyr have wings? This frame is supposed to have them, if I am not mistaken...

...but you might be, in a way, right

Edited by Drejzer

Dragon is his name, but the name is ultimately up to DE. I'm fine with it being changed to whatever they think appropriate, but I'd like to have the "spirit" of the name intact—representative of where he comes from.

I could see him being called Sieg (or Siegfried/Sigurd).

In the legend, he obtained a nigh-invulnerable body (like a tank...) by bathing in the blood of the dwarf-turned-dragon Fafnir.

It's also the same legend route that gave us Gram.

Im about done with concepting Dragon out but sadly he will have no wings. Its Endrian's design of course but even I think the wings and the bulk are a bit much.

I'd just as soon see the wings just be energy projections anyway rather than bulky parts of the armor. A visual effect to pop up during abilities, and maybe idle animations.

Edited by Archwizard