Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

+1

Its really starting to take form...

Though Dragon is a bit on the noise Name wise

Have you thought of alternate Names?

Wyvern = Used to refer to a Two legged Dragon - Get it a Dragon that walks like a man- and probably be the only W named Frame in the game.

Yong = Is the Korean name for Dragon

Zu = The Chaos bringer in Sumerian lore

Quetzalcoatl = The Great Dragon of Aztec culture

+1

Wyvern = Used to refer to a Two legged Dragon - Get it a Dragon that walks like a man- and probably be the only W named Frame in the game.

that last 1 is a bit much lol the others not bad

+1

I honestly would've gone with "Wyrm," but that's kinda taken by something else, hahaha.

Maybe something to do with Bahamut...

Wyvern's not bad.

Bahamut would be the most modern name frame in the game XD

Since Bahamut being a reference to a Dragon King is a relatively new -late 70s- ordeal.

Bahamut in a Classic sense refers to a Giant fish.

D:

D:

Uh oh... I just broke someones brain!

You were probably thinking Final Fantasy or maybe D &D right since FF in it's roots borrowed alot from D&D

Well yeah back when they were writting up the dragon gods...

They took the name from the Arabian myth of Bahamut a Giant fish that holds up the world

and Tiamat is the Meospatian goddess that created the world... which they naturally used to name the Evil Dragoness!

Edited by FrostWolf

Uh oh... I just broke someones brain!

You were probably thinking Final Fantasy or maybe D &D right since FF in it's roots borrowed alot from D&D

Well yeah back when they were writting up the dragon gods...

They took the name from the Arabian myth of Bahamut a Giant fish that holds up the world

and Tiamat is the Meospatian goddess that created the world... which they naturally used to name the Evil Dragoness!

Yup, I was thinking of D&D. Platinum might've been a good color for Dragon, too... a nice, shiny chrome. But maybe not. Maybe something in dark green or coal-gray with hints and lines of gold, with a light blue "energy" coloration...

ABILITIES

1a. WINGED LANCER — 25 Energy — Dragon spreads his wings (actually more like a plasma jetpack) and storms through the air in the direction the cursor is pointing. At the end of the short flight, he does a high-damage, short-range AOE attack with his weapon (360° area coverage), knocking over enemies nearby. Leveling up the skill increases the duration of flight and the AOE damage. Affected by Focus (damage), Continuity (flight duration), and Reach (size of the AOE).

1b. (ALTERNATE) PLASMA BOOSTER — 25 Energy — Dragon spreads his wings (again, the plasma jetpack) and storms through the air in the direction the cursor is pointing. At the end of the short flight, he spins around and his wings explode in a low-damage, short-range AOE attack (360° area coverage), dealing plasma damage and reducing enemy defenses for 10 seconds (at all levels). Leveling up the skill increases the duration of flight and the AOE damage. Affected by FocusContinuity, and Reach (same effect as 1a).

Tell me what you think!

I would play this frame. It is very different from the smooth organic style of the others, which in my opinion is great as it enhances variety which the frames all emphasize anyway, this is sweet. Only thing I would add as another posted is instead of a tank type more of a speed-based frame may make more sense... Dragons aren't necessarily defense oriented usually, more leaning towards quick and powerful strikes. That winged "boost" attack is cool, although I'm wondering if it's too similar to Excalibur's SlashDash in function, or if it would be in fact less functional while doing the same thing.

Excalibur lunges forward in a linear strike and hits all in the path, "Dragon" lunges forward and strikes only at the apex of his lunge in a circle. In terms of a tanking strategy, this sounds like it would be used for a sort of intercept to nab all the enemies in an area nearby but out of immediate range of the tank; That's a good idea, but since that's under the high damage variant I'm not sure if it would be compared negatively or not to Excalibur's move.(Bear in mind, I have not played Excalibur but I have seen people who do, watched videos, and know what his abilities are. So I admit I may be ill-informed in my conclusion.) Were there "talent trees" I would say have it be a hybrid with the option of going tank -or- damage, but that's not the case.

I would play this frame. It is very different from the smooth organic style of the others, which in my opinion is great as it enhances variety which the frames all emphasize anyway, this is sweet. Only thing I would add as another posted is instead of a tank type more of a speed-based frame may make more sense... Dragons aren't necessarily defense oriented usually, more leaning towards quick and powerful strikes. That winged "boost" attack is cool, although I'm wondering if it's too similar to Excalibur's SlashDash in function, or if it would be in fact less functional while doing the same thing.

Excalibur lunges forward in a linear strike and hits all in the path, "Dragon" lunges forward and strikes only at the apex of his lunge in a circle. In terms of a tanking strategy, this sounds like it would be used for a sort of intercept to nab all the enemies in an area nearby but out of immediate range of the tank; That's a good idea, but since that's under the high damage variant I'm not sure if it would be compared negatively or not to Excalibur's move.(Bear in mind, I have not played Excalibur but I have seen people who do, watched videos, and know what his abilities are. So I admit I may be ill-informed in my conclusion.) Were there "talent trees" I would say have it be a hybrid with the option of going tank -or- damage, but that's not the case.

Yeah, Excalibur was my first frame, so I had that thought in mind going into this. Any kind of dash attack is going to be compared to Excalibur; the difference is, this also provides real mobility, not just a dash forward. It would be actual flight (though on a straight path, not free flying), so he could use this to aim at an upper level to get up there or to cross a long open chasm, and the damage dealt would be higher than any one strike of Excalibur's Slash Dash, it would just be to a smaller group of enemies (though Dragon's AOE would be larger in size than Excalibur's reach during his Slash Dash).

Depending on how enemies are clustered, one could easily be more useful than the other, but that's fine. There should be differences. :)

Basically, to break it down:

SLASH DASH vs WINGED LANCER

No. of Enemies Hit: Slash Dash

Damage Per Hit: Winged Lancer

Overall Damage: Slash Dash? 

Mobility: Winged Lancer

Winged Lancer is a focused attack with greater mobility; Slash Dash has an easier time hitting more enemies, but has less mobility.

Edited by Endrian

Yeah, Excalibur was my first frame, so I had that thought in mind going into this. Any kind of dash attack is going to be compared to Excalibur; the difference is, this also provides real mobility, not just a dash forward. It would be actual flight (though on a straight path, not free flying), so he could use this to aim at an upper level to get up there or to cross a long open chasm, and the damage dealt would be higher than any one strike of Excalibur's Slash Dash, it would just be to a smaller group of enemies (though Dragon's AOE would be larger in size than Excalibur's reach during his Slash Dash).

Depending on how enemies are clustered, one could easily be more useful than the other, but that's fine. There should be differences. :)

Basically, to break it down:

SLASH DASH vs WINGED LANCER

No. of Enemies Hit: Slash Dash

Damage Per Hit: Winged Lancer

Overall Damage: Slash Dash? 

Mobility: Winged Lancer

Winged Lancer is a focused attack with greater mobility; Slash Dash has an easier time hitting more enemies, but has less mobility.

Wasn't aware that the ability was aimable. That changes things entirely and adds utility that SlashDash makes up for in greater power. There is a definite discrepancy in mobility with that being the case, and adds uniqueness to the ability.

Wasn't aware that the ability was aimable. That changes things entirely and adds utility that SlashDash makes up for in greater power. There is a definite discrepancy in mobility with that being the case, and adds uniqueness to the ability.

Yup! That's why I had this in the ability description: "...  storms through the air in the direction the cursor is pointing. At the end of the short flight ..."

im not a fan of adding fantasy stuff like dragons to sci fy like warframe, but HELL, THIS WARFRAME LOOKS SO F**** BADASS.

Would totally love to see this one in game. Especially with your alternate helmet and the six eyes :3

Awesome job mate

Does a lot at once, stats are a bit high with that considered, but they're not really special.

Suggestions:

-No prolonged area effects. "Plasma Breath" with a fireball instead of a stream, AoE damage on impact.

-Higher chance of fire status.

-Debuffs for offense and defense.

-"Dragonskin" regenerates health, not shields.

-Lower endurance, slower normal walking speed, faster sprint speed. (Think of a dragon stomping around then taking flight)

-For "Ring of Death", maintain the same outgoing-damage rules for players and enemies.

Alternate plasma jetpack:

AoE explosion directly behind the player while being propelled forward away from it.

"Okay I'm gonna GTFO but here's a present."

Edited by Denninja