Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

What no dragon breath? or plasma breath. would the first power end with wings going foward (from abupt stop) thus releasing the shockwave or jet beams?

Love the ideia. kudos :D

The way I see the Winged Lancer attack coming, he'd arrive at the end point of the flight, supercharge his jets, then do a quick 360-degree spin, spraying the plasma fire everywhere before landing.

The way I see the Winged Lancer attack coming, he'd arrive at the end point of the flight, supercharge his jets, then do a quick 360-degree spin, spraying the plasma fire everywhere before landing.

hmm... admitedly i like that. but wouldn't a charge plus AOE dmg attack be a bit too much for a first power? maybe instead of doing dmg the aoe atk could just stun? or a 100% proc of the plasma elemental type?

I don't think he should use jets in his attacks... They feel too fighter jet, plane-like (or at least that what it makes me think of). He should also have plasma coming from his mouth to relate more to a dragon. In addition, there are a few changes that could be made to Winged Lancer and Rising Dragon.

For Winged Lancer, Instead of jets, give him his wings back, but made of plasma. So he has plasma wings. This would also relate to WINGED lancer, not jet lancer. He would dash forward like excalibur (with its own animation) and at the end (or when stopped) would do a 360 AOE swing with his melee weapon. The swing could take into account the melee weapons range (+reach mod on melee weapon). While doing the 360 swing, instead of plasma coming from his gauntlets/jets, they would come from his mouth. So you would have him dash (doing dmg while dashing like excalibur) and when stopped, 360 spin attack with melee and plasma breath. The dmg done from the 2 attacks could be balanced very easily.

For his Ultimate I think it should involve a bit more skill. As of right now it seems like its a dmging aura that u can fly with. INstead i think this would be more appropriate:

Again, instead of jets, give him plasma wings as this would make his more "dragon-like". He deploys his plasma wings (doing AoE plasma dmg) and flies into the air with his wings and moves like you would on the ground (without the walking/running animations, replaced with flying) aka the free movement you mentioned. The ability is also toggleable like u said/wanted as well. He equips his melee weapon and can do combos and stuff. You can fly faster by using the sprint button which would use up stamina, and u can slide kick in the air (adding a bit of martial art type stuff), if this uses stamina to do this while on the ground and in the air, slide kicking would use up stamina as well. In addition to using melee, you can breath/shoot plasma balls/bolts or plasma breath (preferably balls or bolts since you already have melee for close range and breath would be close range as well, balls/bolts give you a long distance attack). Maybe they would be AoE when they reach their target destination? You would fire them like you do your gun (left mouse button (default)). The plasma balls would have travel time like the lanka and wouldnt be hit scan. Having the plasma balls have travel time adds a skill curve that some/most frames dont have because you have to account for target movement and such. Yes, i know that since the plasma balls would take away energy channeling and i am trying to figure out a way to have that as well. You wouldnt have ADS for the plasma balls since you would have blocking on the right mouse button (default). IF the balls do AoE dmg apon reaching the target having an ADS wouldnt really be necessary, and most people i see dont use channeling that much, so those to things may not even be needed. However, im still trying to think of a way to have these things in there so that nothing is taken away.

To sum everything up;

Winged Lancer: same concept just more added to it and some changes.

Rising Dragon: same concept just more added to it and some changes.

Adding wings instead of jets would make the frame much more inline with the "dragon" arch-type. However, if you REALLY want to have jets in there, you could compromise and have the plasma wings come from the jets.

Anyway this is just some more feedback from me to make this the best frame ever. Sorry if its a bit confusing. If you have any questions about what i mean just quote this and ask. Hope you like my ideas Endrian:D

Edited by Brawleee

Now thats not too bad, I still think he would be fine without wings. Or even give him a synanda that resembles a dragon's wings or something. I have at least two ability ideas but I want Endrian to hear them out.

If Dragon is indeed implemented, his "normal" wings would most likely only be available as a syandana. I still want him to have skeletal/symbolic energy wings like in the concept for Rising Dragon, though, regardless of syandana.

If Dragon is indeed implemented, his "normal" wings would most likely only be available as a syandana. I still want him to have skeletal/symbolic energy wings like in the concept for Rising Dragon, though, regardless of syandana.

I really love this frame idea. I spend a decent anmount of time over the day and while i play thinking how it can be better. My post a few posts up has some great ideas that I think would push the uniqueness of the frame farther. It even solves the wing issue. I probably sound annoying right now but i really love this idea and want it to be the best it can be.

Edited by Brawleee

Yup, most likely. That would be most appropriate.

Well this concept is quite cool but, when I see the word dragon, I think of high damage and speed since dragon can fly. So probably instead of tank, make him an attacker since warframe already have 2 tankers.

Maybe the design colour/skin for dragon can be black/maroon/red and a lil bit less rough. If not he will look like a croc lol. But still, nice concept :)

i think it can be used as a awakening or something like a once every hour move where you just go beast like a kind of rage mode style

how bout name maybe Dracon?

and one of the powers (mainly last cause i thought of a dragon one and this was my last power)

?)Oblivion- Summons a group of dragons to bring oblivion and darkness to enemies

sorry i ask this but is it the power of dragon taming, dragon man or plasma

Err... what?