Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

Just a word of caution, guys: Let's tone down any advertisements for Dragon in other threads. I love the enthusiasm, but it's more important to give respect to the thread creators. Fair 'nuff? Alright, then, let's move on.

I love the tweaks on Challenge and Indomitable.

I feel that Rising Dragon needs to have a "Slam" animation if the player toggles the skill while hovering (thus, in essence, turning the skill off).

Dragon would slam fist-first into the ground and deal (Plasma? Impact?) damage and knock down any enemies near his vicinity.

Other than that, the rest is shaping up to be quite useful insofar, good work.

I just got a weird idea :

Dragon equipped with Dragon Nikana and Bleeding Dragon Key...

Am I the only one that thinks it would be somewhat weird?

Just some ramblings of a tired person... I had a strange need to post it, don't pay attention, unless you want to.

It has no connection to current discussion whatsoever.

All Hail The Dragon!

I'm really in need of sleep aren't I?

So, then, good night.

Edited by Drejzer

so am i the only one who will be upset if the next update doesn't include dragon? i mean this guy is awsome! i would buy him with plat in a heartbeat just so i could start playing. The pure amount of chatter on this guy is insane, more then any other concept i've seen go into the game from here. I'd upvote again but seems once is all you can do, love the new concepts and new designs, as long as he keep shis rather epic looking scaled armor i think he'd be a great addition to the game.

Amazing work as always!

I do see the resemblance to rhino in the profile, so maybe IF they don't make him a full frame (I really hope they do, still), maybe DE could make it a skin for rhino (when you think about it, rhino's abilities aren't too misfitting if you couple them with this body. Iron skin, roar, [dragon] charge...). I'd rather they do that than not at all.

However, it's not TOO closely similar, there's enough differences to set it apart from rhino- the angular, scaled breastplate, rather than the round, jacket-looking one; the large, taloned feet, rather than small, and in my opinion pinched, feet; the sleek shape but rough texture; the scaled and clawed forearms and hands; no crotch-spike, but has pseudo-tail/wings in the rear; and I especially like that neckguard. As DE mentioned in a recent devstream, they want all the frames to have a distinct silhouette, and I think dragon, especially with the horned helmets, achieves that (if barely, to some opinons) 

I can't wait 'til DE manages to make him, but if they do, it's going to require lots of patience; I'm sure they've got a lot on their plate, and some higher priorities (and likely other frame ideas already waiting in line). So as difficult as it is, Patience

The amount of work you've done on this project is incredible. If DE doesn't notice this or implement it, you should keep the idea open for another game. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, as the saying goes.

how about a name change to draco, dragon kind of sounds out of place to me

To this I quote what has Endrian said:

As for the name[...] To me, it should either be Dragon or Drake, if you want to keep it general (like Rhino and Hydroid) or you can go specific and name it after a particular mythical dragon, like Fafnir or Bahamut (like Loki and Oberon).

Why so quiet?

I'm taking a break for awhile. Somewhat burned out on Warframe (daaamn yoooou, elusive Loki Prime parts) and dealing with an art block. I'll come back with new art later, maybe in a few days, maybe after a week, dunno yet.

I'm glad I finally checked this out.

The Dragon frame threads are usually poorly thought out and appear to be 14 year olds playing I-wanna-be-the-strongest. Fortunately this is not the case here.

A- He looks like a I imagine a Dragon themed Frame should, so kudos in doing such a good job working with the aesthetic.

B- Those skills sound fun and not overly redundant, unlike many fanframes

C- Dragons are really frikken cool.

I'm taking a break for awhile. Somewhat burned out on Warframe (daaamn yoooou, elusive Loki Prime parts) and dealing with an art block. I'll come back with new art later, maybe in a few days, maybe after a week, dunno yet.

We all burn out on Warframe sooner all later. Its just the nature of the beast with its game type right now.

I think my main problem with Dragon's abilities is that he has a massive gallimaufry of buffs between Challenge and Indomitable (bonus armor on hit, threat, status resist, fire rate, bonus damage on hit, shield recharge, healing over time); even his ultimate is a mobility self-buff with a touch of World on Fire. The only one of these that really feels like an active standalone ability to me is his first skill. It creates a character type where you have to consume a ton of energy at all times for the perfect lineup of passive effects, with only one skill you can cast as-needed, which doesn't really line up with most other frames.

Not to mention that the buffs themselves feel disorganized as a result of their quantity, since one buffs shields/health generation and the other has a buff from damaging them, each with weird extraneous side benefits that could make separate skills all their own.

It comes down to this: If you're being swarmed by a crowd and you only have time/energy to hit one survival ability, which do you hit? I recommend consolidating the shield/health-based effects into a more streamlined, standalone survival skill.

Also, his base stats have no downside. Compare them to Excalibur's, it's a buff in all areas.

Edited by Archwizard