Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

Dude, please don't try and start flame wars. I see you on the Typhus thread every day, I know what you're up to.

TBH Typhus is also a pretty badass frame.  Why does it have to be an either/or type deal?  The truth is BOTH of these frames should be made.

RITO PLZ!  

Whoops wrong company, sorry about that.

ED PLZ!

Dude, please don't try and start flame wars. I see you on the Typhus thread every day, I know what you're up to.

Dude calm down, he just stated his opinion. I've said it that way too. OTHERS THAT ARENT ON THAT THREAD HAVE SAID THE SAME THING, so calm down and dont cause/stir up stuff. Leave people to their opinions just like your entitled to yours.

Everybody is cool and we should all just relax.

It would be nice to hear DE at least mention this. I don't think I've seen any Devstream or Prime Time mention this..... It's a great concept in my opinion (well, I really like the design/model of it).

Thanks! I'd love that too, but I also feel like it'd jinx things if they were to actually talk about it, after so long.

Edited by Endrian

sorry not trying to star anything, that was just the first thing that came to mind, ive never seen this thread before untill a few days ago when I posted that. I thought Typhus was a male version of Saryn the very first time I saw it. I was just making an observation that was all, sorry if I offended you.

Edited by Senketsu_

Latest art looks really neat! I love the stripe patterns too. Would be so cool to be able to play a frame like this and Typhus concepts.(whatever their dissimilarities and powers ended up as- they are both visually really cool!) 

- The very chitinous/scaly look seems to be  a theme in both designs, so maybe some event could lead to a new Warframe resource that's used in construction of both frames (like the Oxium idea they had, but  related to the more organic Infested tilesets since they recently had an overhaul?)

Love this concept! Personally i think dragons are awesome XD, but we already have an armor frame (valkyr) so i was thinking maybe buff the health a lot? and shields are very important for a tank because they can regen while health can't. having high armor is nice but puncture cuts through a lot of it. the regen ability sounds awesome. Also i come across many a battle where i am faced with a horde of enemies some very dangerous and many very squishy, when that happens i would like to be able to kill them all quickly, (possibly without the use of weapons as i have run out of ammo or something :P) therefore the wings idea souds awesome but how about a small scale aoe (a cone maybe) that does high damage, i know the ultimate does high aoe damage but it seems a bit over the top for just a large group of enemies. possibly plasme breath? XD just throwing some ideas out there because i would LOVE to have this in-game. I'm a rhino fan and i love the bulkyness of a tank warframe XD 

PS. Dragons are freaking awesome!

Got-damn if this gets implemented...

On this day, in honor of this boss-&#! frame, I vow to scrap both my Rhino and Vauban should Dragon come to fruition.

Make way for the King.

Edited by WondahBoah

Now, I can partially imitate The Dragon with Venka and Zephyr...

Got-damn if this gets implemented...

On this day, in honor of this boss-@$$ frame, I vow to scrap both my Rhino and Vauban should Dragon come to fruition.

Make way for the King.

Simply:

All Hail The Dragon!

about that story of mine...

sadly still no idea what to write, I'll keep chewing on my pencils...

Edited by Drejzer

While the Tenno slept in cryostasis ...

... they waited.

As the Grineer empire grew unchecked ...

... they hardened their bodies.

As the Corpus cult harvested Orokin settlements ...

... they sharpened their minds.

As the Infestation spread to every corner of the Sol system ...

... they honed their blades.

When the enemies of the Tenno finally tracked down the Lotus ...

... they found Dragons.

NEW AND IMPROVED! DRAGON 2.0

FEATURES

—Highly mobile, melee-focused tank/threat

—"Plasma" damage [Heat + Magnetic] (thanks for the idea, Evariskitsune)

—Skill-based (no more spamming 4 to win)

ORIGIN

Among the oldest of all Warframe designs, and the closest in design to their Orokin archetypes, the Dragons are few in number, but have been watching over the sleeping Tenno since the beginning of the Exile. Bound by Orokin decree to never enter the affairs of the Sol system unless absolutely necessary, most Dragons haven't seen action for decades, if not centuries; they are sworn to secrecy, bound to defend the mainframe that houses the Lotus AI. For countless years, they have been unseen sentinels, spending much of their time training or in meditation.

When the Corpus managed to track down the Lotus's signal during a botched mission (thanks, Darvo), the Dragons were finally forced to act.

'Dragon 2.0' Art Concept 

1X0wW6s.png

Alternate Helmet 'Zirnitra' Rough Concept ↓

u8hJud0.png

Kubrow 'Drakar' Alternate Skin Concept 

sAfliJn.png

Old Art Concepts 

SKmShgG.png

Modified (Old) Warframe Design with Visible Back (Also, Potential Boss?) 

TkMCxiV.png

BASELINE STATS

HEALTH: 100 (300 max)

POWER: 100 (150 max)

ARMOR: 400

SHIELD CAPACITY: 120 (360 max)

STAMINA: 120

SPRINT SPEED: 1.05

POLARITIES: 4x= 1xD 1xV

AURA POLARITY: V (ideal for Steel Charge or Rifle Amp)

Dragon is a beast of endurance; reliant on his abilities and his high mobility, he lacks the higher shield capacity of Frost and Rhino (the traditional tanks) and their explosive high-damage ultimates. Instead, he draws the eye of all enemies, taking all their fury and wrath, and then he shows them what wrath truly is.

ABILITIES

TAKE WING *TWEAKED 6/16/2014*

Energy: 25 Description: Dragon spreads his wings and storms through the air in the direction of your crosshair. After a long, high-speed "air dash" or upon pressing the ability key a second time (whichever comes first), flight ends and Dragon's plasma jets release a supercharged burst of plasma damage*, knocking over enemies nearby. Leveling up the skill increases the duration of flight and the AOE damage. Affected by Power StrengthPower Duration, and Power Range.

(Old) Visual Concept 

tvMlMdK.png

INDOMITABLE *TWEAKED 6/16/2014*

Energy: 35 Description: For a duration of 10/15/20/25 seconds, Dragon's health and shields continuously regenerate (even while taking damage) and Dragon's fire rate (melee and ranged) is increased. While in this state, Dragon cannot be staggered or knocked down. Affected by Power Strength and Power Duration.

Visual Concept 

gi5yMZA.png

CHALLENGE

Energy: 75 Description: For a duration of 15/21/27/34 seconds, Dragon issues a challenge to all enemies within range (continuous AOE taunt). When an enemy damages Dragon's shield, his Armor increases. When an enemy damages Dragon's health, his damage increases. Maximum increase are based on ability rank:

—Rank 0: 1.5x Armor, 1.3x Damage

—Rank 1: 2x Armor, 1.5x Damage

—Rank 2: 3x Armor, 1.7x

Rank 3: 4x Armor, 2x Damage

Affected by Power Strength (multiplier increase), Power Duration, and Power Range.

RISING DRAGON (Ultimate)

Energy: 25 (+4/sec) Description: Dragon launches into the air via plasma jets, dealing AOE plasma damage* to all enemies around him, and takes flight. Dragon has increased speed and free movement while in flight. While Rising Dragon is active, Dragon is engulfed by a plasma aura, dealing low continuous plasma damage* to enemies nearby; however, Dragon's energy constantly drains. When Dragon runs out of energy, Rising Dragon ends. Affected by Power Strength and Power Duration.

Plasma Damage: Plasma is not meant to be a new elemental type. Instead, it would just be 50% Heat damage, and 50% Magnetic damage (or whatever DE deems to be an appropriate combination).

Visual Concept 

TC9Mjw0.png

Tell me what you think!

Epic idea!

Edited by xelectrowolfx

They wont.

Btw, it was stated here numerous times: plasma is a theme. Just like Water, Antimatter or Air.

And yes, almost everyone on this thread wants him included into ranks of Warframes.

All Hail The Dragon!

Just heard Perfect World is buying/trying to buy Digital Extremes. I have... concerns about this. If this goes through, if they fundamentally change the way Warframe works to try and put in a P2W system in Warframe, I think I'm just going to delete this thread...