Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

Still hard at work!

BlIOQ4Z.png

this design looks about right with warframe's and their designs, and i think the guy meant just remove the 'eye' details or make it more like lines rather than eyes. and less skin tight around the darker midsection which is why the guy said make the muscles (he means the abs) look less prominent, so that the armor looks thicker.

He needs a tail, I see a dragon (mythological one) and think, what physical thing do all dragons have in common? Tail. Well wings too (mostly) but I can see that being a pain/ hell to both animate (unless the wings are from some sort of steam expellent thing, as is seen on other frames) but keep looking good size wise. unless the winged lancer concept is for the wings as well, then kudos it looks bad arse. You've got claws and horns down quite nicely.

I recommend making a concept of the back as that'll be the most viewed area by the owner of the frame should it be implemented in game at the very least. Maybe a side view too so people can get a full idea or even someone could help create a rough rendering to help it out further. If you've already done that, my bad I haven't seen all the posts yet.

If you haven't done them yet, I'd recommend maybe some weapons that would come with the frame (for a bundle pack type thing)

If it does become a thing, holly hell I'd buy that, screw looking for blue prints i'd want it as soon as it was in-game.

He needs a tail, I see a dragon (mythological one) and think, what physical thing do all dragons have in common? Tail. Well wings too (mostly) but I can see that being a pain/ hell to both animate (unless the wings are from some sort of steam expellent thing, as is seen on other frames) but keep looking good size wise. unless the winged lancer concept is for the wings as well, then kudos it looks bad arse. You've got claws and horns down quite nicely.

I recommend making a concept of the back as that'll be the most viewed area by the owner of the frame should it be implemented in game at the very least. Maybe a side view too so people can get a full idea or even someone could help create a rough rendering to help it out further. If you've already done that, my bad I haven't seen all the posts yet.

If you haven't done them yet, I'd recommend maybe some weapons that would come with the frame (for a bundle pack type thing)

If it does become a thing, holly hell I'd buy that, screw looking for blue prints i'd want it as soon as it was in-game.

I like the idea, but after Trinity's Lobster tail, I cringe at the thought of what the devs might do with it.

I like the idea, but after Trinity's Lobster tail, I cringe at the thought of what the devs might do with it.

i don't see what the Art team of DE can do to "improve" some of these concepts. Imho its spot on and should be the next warframe on the list.

But they can go full yolo and make a female version of it ;)

I love the concept. But mobility, durability and DPS at the same time are seems to be a little OP. Maybe instead of constant durability buff he could be a some kind of "switch tank"? Reduce base armor and make his regenerate ability reduce his speed. This way he can do either fast strikes using wings and confront strong enemies (or bunch of regular) using regeneration.

Plasma breath should remain being flamethrower - short range, DoT and it also should greatly reduce your speed, so you couldn't just run and burn everything. And this "ring of Defiance" should be his ult. It should drastically increase damage to the enemies while tethering them inside.

This way we will get short range + abilities oriented warframe, which is mobile but still could be tanky in hand of skilled player (you will be forced to prioritize targets that can tear through your regeneration). He would be good against groups of enemies by engaging them in close combat, but would lack range combat skills and insta-kill ult (cause he is already quite powerful. Same with rhino).

That would be extremely cool given most teams shy away from wings/tails. I personally would say though that if he had wings one of his abilities say 100 Enegy (a 3 or 4 skill) would give him 30 seconds of being able to Double Jump and Glide (thus costing much energy to remove some of his innate slowness).

The problem with Tanks/Bruisers is the ultimately are the easiest to play as there is something to say with "I outlive you, die" type playing.

I love the concept. But mobility, durability and DPS at the same time are seems to be a little OP. Maybe instead of constant durability buff he could be a some kind of "switch tank"? Reduce base armor and make his regenerate ability reduce his speed. This way he can do either fast strikes using wings and confront strong enemies (or bunch of regular) using regeneration.

Plasma breath should remain being flamethrower - short range, DoT and it also should greatly reduce your speed, so you couldn't just run and burn everything. And this "ring of Defiance" should be his ult. It should drastically increase damage to the enemies while tethering them inside.

This way we will get short range + abilities oriented warframe, which is mobile but still could be tanky in hand of skilled player (you will be forced to prioritize targets that can tear through your regeneration). He would be good against groups of enemies by engaging them in close combat, but would lack range combat skills and insta-kill ult (cause he is already quite powerful. Same with rhino).

I actually very much love the idea of a "switch tank" What if a specialty of this Frame is having 2 set modes

- Tank mode: Higher defense at a loss of speed/dps and maybe a special 4th skill related to taking/support

- Offense Mode: Higher mobility and dps but loss of defense swapping his tank 4th for an offense 4th such as Dragonbreath (plasmabreath)

I actually very much love the idea of a "switch tank" What if a specialty of this Frame is having 2 set modes

- Tank mode: Higher defense at a loss of speed/dps and maybe a special 4th skill related to taking/support

- Offense Mode: Higher mobility and dps but loss of defense swapping his tank 4th for an offense 4th such as Dragonbreath (plasmabreath)

It make Modding him a pick more of a pain with five slots devoted to skills.

so long as it looks like a tail a dragon would have I see no problem with it. As for trinity's tail, i'm personally meh with it now. I can live with it but I'll admit it's kind of silly(I just pretend it holds the extra healing capabilities, it helps me at least).

That would be extremely cool given most teams shy away from wings/tails. I personally would say though that if he had wings one of his abilities say 100 Enegy (a 3 or 4 skill) would give him 30 seconds of being able to Double Jump and Glide (thus costing much energy to remove some of his innate slowness).

The problem with Tanks/Bruisers is the ultimately are the easiest to play as there is something to say with "I outlive you, die" type playing.

With one of the winged lancers concept being the ability to "fly" toward the area you've pointed at, I'd rather that just be apart of the skill set for both concepts, as it's both a mobility skill and a "I'm comming for you punk" skill. Though I have to admit a double jump and glide ability DOES tickle my fancy quite a lot. Though if it's 100 energy it should have a pretty decent timer as it's for just pure mobility, along with the fact that the only mobility skill I know of in the game is only 25 energy (volts speed) and lasts what 5-ish seconds(I don't remember, I haven't touched my volt in months).

It make Modding him a pick more of a pain with five slots devoted to skills.

Oooo that gave me a Genius idea!

Why not make him one of the first frames that has multiple skill mods of it's own (I believe the dev's mentioned adding more skills that were swap-able with all frames to help the concept), but still only 4 slots? So you have more choice of the build you want! Which could in turn make the frame more diverse as some people would love having a powerhouse, while other's would love a tanky mobility blade beast and others etc.!

Long have we waited for this day...

When, at last, our child would return to us...

Welcome home.

TkMCxiV.png

Dragon faces off against the Progenitor, armed with his favored Heat Glaive (the polearm, not the chakram).

Anyhoo! This is for those who were wondering what Dragon's back might look like, jetpack and all. (Notice also the ports on the back of the boots.)

Edited by Endrian