Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

Oh DC doesn't have that much sway with new frames anymore? lol. Well I guess all we can hope is that DE notices the amount of attention this thread has generated and the interest of the WF community for this warframe and several other fan favorites :D

EDIT: BUT YEAH STILL HYPED FOR UPDATE 16 CAUSE OF THE DISTINCT POSSIBILITY THAT THE NEW FRAME WHICH INVOKES THE USE OF COLOR MIGHT BE SOMEHOW CORRELATED TO THIS FRAME :D

While the Tenno slept in cryostasis ...

... they waited.

As the Grineer empire grew unchecked ...

... they hardened their bodies.

As the Corpus cult harvested Orokin settlements ...

... they sharpened their minds.

As the Infestation spread to every corner of the Sol system ...

... they honed their blades.

When the enemies of the Tenno finally tracked down the Lotus ...

... they found Dragons.

NEW AND IMPROVED! DRAGON 2.0

FEATURES

—Highly mobile, melee-focused tank/threat

—"Plasma" damage [Heat + Magnetic] (thanks for the idea, Evariskitsune)

—Skill-based (no more spamming 4 to win)

ORIGIN

Among the oldest of all Warframe designs, and the closest in design to their Orokin archetypes, the Dragons are few in number, but have been watching over the sleeping Tenno since the beginning of the Exile. Bound by Orokin decree to never enter the affairs of the Sol system unless absolutely necessary, most Dragons haven't seen action for decades, if not centuries; they are sworn to secrecy, bound to defend the mainframe that houses the Lotus AI. For countless years, they have been unseen sentinels, spending much of their time training or in meditation.

When the Corpus managed to track down the Lotus's signal during a botched mission (thanks, Darvo), the Dragons were finally forced to act.

'Dragon 2.0' Art Concept 

1X0wW6s.png

Alternate Helmet 'Zirnitra' Rough Concept ↓

u8hJud0.png

Kubrow 'Drakar' Alternate Skin Concept 

sAfliJn.png

Old Art Concepts 

SKmShgG.png

Modified (Old) Warframe Design with Visible Back (Also, Potential Boss?) 

TkMCxiV.png

BASELINE STATS

HEALTH: 100 (300 max)

POWER: 100 (150 max)

ARMOR: 400

SHIELD CAPACITY: 120 (360 max)

STAMINA: 120

SPRINT SPEED: 1.05

POLARITIES: 4x= 1xD 1xV

AURA POLARITY: V (ideal for Steel Charge or Rifle Amp)

Dragon is a beast of endurance; reliant on his abilities and his high mobility, he lacks the higher shield capacity of Frost and Rhino (the traditional tanks) and their explosive high-damage ultimates. Instead, he draws the eye of all enemies, taking all their fury and wrath, and then he shows them what wrath truly is.

ABILITIES

TAKE WING *TWEAKED 6/16/2014*

Energy: 25 Description: Dragon spreads his wings and storms through the air in the direction of your crosshair. After a long, high-speed "air dash" or upon pressing the ability key a second time (whichever comes first), flight ends and Dragon's plasma jets release a supercharged burst of plasma damage*, knocking over enemies nearby. Leveling up the skill increases the duration of flight and the AOE damage. Affected by Power StrengthPower Duration, and Power Range.

(Old) Visual Concept 

tvMlMdK.png

INDOMITABLE *TWEAKED 6/16/2014*

Energy: 35 Description: For a duration of 10/15/20/25 seconds, Dragon's health and shields continuously regenerate (even while taking damage) and Dragon's fire rate (melee and ranged) is increased. While in this state, Dragon cannot be staggered or knocked down. Affected by Power Strength and Power Duration.

Visual Concept 

gi5yMZA.png

CHALLENGE

Energy: 75 Description: For a duration of 15/21/27/34 seconds, Dragon issues a challenge to all enemies within range (continuous AOE taunt). When an enemy damages Dragon's shield, his Armor increases. When an enemy damages Dragon's health, his damage increases. Maximum increase are based on ability rank:

—Rank 0: 1.5x Armor, 1.3x Damage

—Rank 1: 2x Armor, 1.5x Damage

—Rank 2: 3x Armor, 1.7x

Rank 3: 4x Armor, 2x Damage

Affected by Power Strength (multiplier increase), Power Duration, and Power Range.

RISING DRAGON (Ultimate)

Energy: 25 (+4/sec) Description: Dragon launches into the air via plasma jets, dealing AOE plasma damage* to all enemies around him, and takes flight. Dragon has increased speed and free movement while in flight. While Rising Dragon is active, Dragon is engulfed by a plasma aura, dealing low continuous plasma damage* to enemies nearby; however, Dragon's energy constantly drains. When Dragon runs out of energy, Rising Dragon ends. Affected by Power Strength and Power Duration.

Plasma Damage: Plasma is not meant to be a new elemental type. Instead, it would just be 50% Heat damage, and 50% Magnetic damage (or whatever DE deems to be an appropriate combination).

Visual Concept 

TC9Mjw0.png

Tell me what you think!

My favorite Warframe of all time it would be Awesome to have ingame and it fill a much needed place in Warframe because we have tanks but we dont have tanks that get in the enemies face and makes them regret there life choices. Love this Warframe!  

Edited by Pendragon

YES YES YES Please!!!

I`m not into muscular type warframes but you had me at the first image. The skills are amazing and well thought of!!

Awesome work!!

Also, we need that spear in game ASAP!. With a possibility to upgrade it to have a blade at each end. Not pole-arm, spear!!

Please please please DE make this happen!!

Edit: Also the fact that that date up there is my birthday makes me even more hyped.

Thank you for this amazing concept!

Edited by Elannor

Why is this not a warframe yet? I thing all these new warframes are boring Limbo, mesa more people use Saryn than Limbo. A warframe like this would be cool, it would be fun. DE needs to Bring more fun into the game not more Grind.

Agreed

My favorite Warframe of all time it would be Awesome to have ingame and it fill a much needed place in Warframe because we have tanks but we dont have tanks that get in the enemies face and makes them regret there life choices. Love this Warframe!  

one of the best warframe concepts ever

Just sayin, the next frames element is based on energy color right? Dragons are color-coded. This is a popular concept. Totally fits!

I'm not saying it isn't possible (Dragons can spew a ton of different kinds of things, fire, ice, acid, whatever)

While I would be so happy if Dragon were the next frame,

I'm just warning you people to not get too excited, if the next frame is NOT Dragon you will all be disappointed.

Best to keep your expectations as low as possible so you can only be surprised

I'm not saying it isn't possible (Dragons can spew a ton of different kinds of things, fire, ice, acid, whatever)

While I would be so happy if Dragon were the next frame,

I'm just warning you people to not get too excited, if the next frame is NOT Dragon you will all be disappointed.

Best to keep your expectations as low as possible so you can only be surprised

That is indeed the most sensible (and safe) way to go...

All Hail The Dragon!

Good to see other folks are expecting/hoping that update 16 will bring us the dragon frame.

Though I'm very afraid it wont be nearly as cool as the art/concept if this thread...

but I have to say the whole color sets the element thing us such a perfect way to go about a dragon type frame. 

I hope it is because it's the only frame that matches what they described.

"A heavily fan requested frame that uses your energy color to change your elemental damage."

now now..

better stay away from the gas pedal, if we want to prevent this Hype train from becoming a disappointment

I hope it is because it's the only frame that matches what they described.

"A heavily fan requested frame that uses your energy color to change your elemental damage."

oh my cho cho chooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HYPE TRAIN?

now now..

better stay away from the gas pedal, if we want to prevent this Hype train from becoming a disappointment

NOTHING CAN STOP THE HYPE TRAIN :D

The sustainability on this frame would be godly almost even higher than Valkyr. He/she could be easily used in T4 survival. The abilities are almost undrwhelming damage-wise however

But wouldn't that make it more unique?

Having a trade off , in which he has super high defences but has a low attack with his abilities, not every frame needs powerful damaging abilities, most of the frames counted for "late game" are frames that have CC (crowd control) which scales and is useful at whatever level while damaging abilities will always fall off at some point (unless you do percentage based damage which DE hasn't done (yet)). 

So having a high defence, crowd control frame would be pretty cool and to keep balance and not just bring in a one frame wrecking crew, he has very low attack stats.

Well I would find that quite interesting to play, I don't about anyone else though.

Edited by NovusNova

But wouldn't that make it more unique?

Having a trade off , in which he has super high defences but has a low attack with his abilities, not every frame needs powerful damaging abilities, most of the frames counted for "late game" are frames that have CC (crowd control) which scales and is useful at whatever level while damaging abilities will always fall off at some point (unless you do percentage based damage which DE hasn't done (yet)). 

So having a high defence, crowd control frame would be pretty cool and to keep balance and not just bring in a one frame wrecking crew, he has very low attack stats.

Well I would find that quite interesting to play, I don't about anyone else though.

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept. If you look at Valkyr, she has a lot of sustainablilty but no crowd control except Warcry and argueably warcry. Valkyr+Zephyr is a lot like this frame with a self-buff

Was anyone logged in on the stream able to see which guesses they confirmed? People were making guesses, and steve pointed out a few that were right (I forgot if he said them by name though, so I may be grasping at straws...)

Also, I came to the same conclusion that it's highly likely that it's Dragon for U16 finally (but -- no-one say "confirmed" because it hasnt been yet, unless we get an answer for my above comment). The "energy color determines element type" idea does sound like a good solution to the debate of what element Dragon's powers should be, as there are so many kinds of dragons with different elements across the different mythos, settling on one would leave out the others.

If it's true, I CAN'T WAIT. I've been playing DA:I and Destiny more recently, and less Warframe (but still some), but I know if it is Dragon, I would certainly shift my game time back over for a while