Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

I don't know if I'll be able to contain myself if U16 takes more than a week to drop now that it's March. But DE has said they're pushing aside all hotfixes and little updates to try and get U16 done. Maybe this Friday? Can only hope.

Unlikely to come this Friday, since they are going to reveal and show quite a bit of the U16 stuff, the Dragon Frame included.

Next week, maybe but I think a more likely estimate is 18th or 25th since that is about mid to end of March and DE did say they were aiming for Mid March release.

Unlikely to come this Friday, since they are going to reveal and show quite a bit of the U16 stuff, the Dragon Frame included.

Next week, maybe but I think a more likely estimate is 18th or 25th since that is about mid to end of March and DE did say they were aiming for Mid March release.

Very interesting, from what you said the update comes very close to the 2nd anniversary if I'm not mistaken.

Wonder if they'll have any connection, maybe not. Seems like the perfect time though to add such an impacting update, what with the overhauled pvp and a new and might I add awesome Warframe. Unfortunately there still hasn't been any release going in depth on the dragon warframe subject though, *sigh*.

Whatever the future may hold only one thing is for certain the dragon shall rise and shall reclaim its rightful place on top.. #DRAGONS WILL RULE WF lol

what you just said isnt technically a figure of speech at all

i can say with 100% certainity that it is literal,though not in the way you'd expect

I'm really hoping they won't screw up the design

the Dragon Frame DE is making is more then likely not wholly based off this concept. Seeing as we were told that the abilities are not like this concepts. Just like Mesa, then Dragon frame probably isnt based off one certain concept. 

Man... If it would come out to be just like this tho or very very close... I would play this frame... exclusive ... I would sell the rest of the frames too... like serisouly. The design of the Warframe art wise had me sold... then I read the abilities... 

giphy.gif

I need this Warframe to live... it is a serious situation now... hahaha

FINAL UPDATE (2/09/2015)As of

moment:

A Dragon is coming; whether it's tied to my original concept or not doesn't matter. Importantly, it sounds like it's going to be unique among all other warframes in that its type of damage is based on energy color (tied to the idea of D&D chromatic dragons having different elemental breath weapons, as Rebecca mentions), which opens up a whole host of possibilities!

Rejoice!

THERE BE DRAGONS!

While the Tenno slept in cryostasis ...
... they waited.

As the Grineer empire grew unchecked ...
... they hardened their bodies.

As the Corpus cult harvested Orokin settlements ...
... they sharpened their minds.

As the Infestation spread to every corner of the Sol system ...
... they honed their blades.

When the enemies of the Tenno finally tracked down the Lotus ...

... they found Dragons.

NEW AND IMPROVED! DRAGON 2.0

FEATURES

—Highly mobile, melee-focused tank/threat

—"Plasma" damage [Heat + Magnetic] (thanks for the idea, Evariskitsune)

—Skill-based (no more spamming 4 to win)

ORIGIN

Among the oldest of all Warframe designs, and the closest in design to their Orokin archetypes, the Dragons are few in number, but have been watching over the sleeping Tenno since the beginning of the Exile. Bound by Orokin decree to never enter the affairs of the Sol system unless absolutely necessary, most Dragons haven't seen action for decades, if not centuries; they are sworn to secrecy, bound to defend the mainframe that houses the Lotus AI. For countless years, they have been unseen sentinels, spending much of their time training or in meditation.

When the Corpus managed to track down the Lotus's signal during a botched mission (thanks, Darvo), the Dragons were finally forced to act.

'Dragon 2.0' Art Concept 

1X0wW6s.png

Alternate Helmet 'Zirnitra' Rough Concept ↓

u8hJud0.png

Kubrow 'Drakar' Alternate Skin Concept 

sAfliJn.png

Old Art Concepts 

SKmShgG.png

Modified (Old) Warframe Design with Visible Back (Also, Potential Boss?) 

TkMCxiV.png

BASELINE STATS

HEALTH: 100 (300 max)

POWER: 100 (150 max)

ARMOR: 400

SHIELD CAPACITY: 120 (360 max)

STAMINA: 120

SPRINT SPEED: 1.05

POLARITIES: 4x= 1xD 1xV

AURA POLARITY: V (ideal for Steel Charge or Rifle Amp)

Dragon is a beast of endurance; reliant on his abilities and his high mobility, he lacks the higher shield capacity of Frost and Rhino (the traditional tanks) and their explosive high-damage ultimates. Instead, he draws the eye of all enemies, taking all their fury and wrath, and then he shows them what wrath truly is.

ABILITIES

TAKE WING *TWEAKED 6/16/2014*

Energy: 25 Description: Dragon spreads his wings and storms through the air in the direction of your crosshair. After a long, high-speed "air dash" or upon pressing the ability key a second time (whichever comes first), flight ends and Dragon's plasma jets release a supercharged burst of plasma damage*, knocking over enemies nearby. Leveling up the skill increases the duration of flight and the AOE damage. Affected by Power StrengthPower Duration, and Power Range.

(Old) Visual Concept 

tvMlMdK.png

INDOMITABLE *TWEAKED 6/16/2014*

Energy: 35 Description: For a duration of 10/15/20/25 seconds, Dragon's health and shields continuously regenerate (even while taking damage) and Dragon's fire rate (melee and ranged) is increased. While in this state, Dragon cannot be staggered or knocked down. Affected by Power Strength and Power Duration.

Visual Concept 

gi5yMZA.png

CHALLENGE

Energy: 75 Description: For a duration of 15/21/27/34 seconds, Dragon issues a challenge to all enemies within range (continuous AOE taunt). When an enemy damages Dragon's shield, his Armor increases. When an enemy damages Dragon's health, his damage increases. Maximum increase are based on ability rank:

—Rank 0: 1.5x Armor, 1.3x Damage

—Rank 1: 2x Armor, 1.5x Damage

—Rank 2: 3x Armor, 1.7x

Rank 3: 4x Armor, 2x Damage

Affected by Power Strength (multiplier increase), Power Duration, and Power Range.

RISING DRAGON (Ultimate)
Energy: 25 (+4/sec) Description: Dragon launches into the air via plasma jets, dealing AOE plasma damage* to all enemies around him, and takes flight. Dragon has increased speed and free movement while in flight. While Rising Dragon is active, Dragon is engulfed by a plasma aura, dealing low continuous plasma damage* to enemies nearby; however, Dragon's energy constantly drains. When Dragon runs out of energy, Rising Dragon ends. Affected by Power Strength and Power Duration.

* Plasma Damage: Plasma is not meant to be a new elemental type. Instead, it would just be 50% Heat damage, and 50% Magnetic damage (or whatever DE deems to be an appropriate combination).

Visual Concept 

TC9Mjw0.png

1337th up. GG Can't wait for this!

As usual I love your work. But I do have some constructive criticism which I'm going to put into one post, and I'll try to keep it clean and simple. I'm also going to separate this into 2 parts: Design and Abilities/Skills. (Sorry it's a lot to read)

DESIGN

First of all:k3Piucr.pngIf I'm correct the concept art you JUST released is of this without the back wings. Look at the way dragon looks in this picture. His wings look like epic shoulder plates. That's what I thought they were when I first looked at this picture and that's why I said it would be a great 'classic' look for Dragon. Either way it's an amazing piece.

Secondly:TkMCxiV.pngI said before that this skin would make a GREAT alternate skin. It's unique and fits the 'Dragon' theme extremely well. The helmet he is also wearing could be an alternate helmet. When it comes to helmets, you have a lot to work with when it comes to dragons, as you have many different kinds, such as European (also known as wyverns) or Chinese Dragons, to base the design of the helmets off of. Also, the weapon Dragon is holding would make a GREAT Spear/Pole arm (preferably spear as we have enough pole arms in the game). As of right now the weapon looks like a pole arm because it has 2 blades, one on each side. You could very easily make it into an amazing looking spear by making the bottom blade  (left one in the picture) (the blade without the wrapping next to it) smaller than the top blade (the one with the wrapping next to it). Whether it becomes a spear or pole arm it would be an awesome weapon and could be dragon's theme weapon (like Nami Skyla is Hydroid's and the mace is Oberons).This would also make one hell of a boss battle.

SKILLS

First of all, I don't think he should use jets in his attacks... They feel too fighter jet, plane-like (or at least that what it makes me think of). He should also have plasma coming from his mouth to relate more to a dragon. In addition, there are a few changes that could be made to Winged Lancer/Take Wing (Winged Lancer sounds better) and Rising Dragon.

Winged Lancer- Instead of jets, you could give him his wings back, but made of plasma. So he has plasma wings. This would also relate to WINGED lancer, not jet lancer. He would dash forward like excalibur (with its own animation) and at the end (or when stopped) would do a 360 AOE swing with his melee weapon. The swing could take into account the melee weapons range (+reach mod on melee weapon). While doing the 360 swing, instead of plasma coming from his gauntlets/jets, they would come from his mouth. So you would have him dash (doing damage while dashing like Excalibur) and when stopped, 360 spin attack with melee and plasma breath. The damage done from the 2 attacks could be balanced very easily.

Ultimate- I think it should involve a bit more skill. As of right now it seems like its a damaging aura that u can fly with. Instead i think this would be more appropriate:

Again, instead of jets, give him plasma wings as this would make his more "dragon-like". He deploys his plasma wings (doing AoE plasma damage) and flies into the air with his wings and moves like you would on the ground (without the walking/running animations, replaced with flying) aka the free movement you mentioned. The ability is also toggleable like u said/wanted as well. He equips his melee weapon and can do combos and stuff. You can fly faster by using the sprint button which would use up stamina, and u can slide kick in the air (adding a bit of martial art type stuff), if this uses stamina to do this while on the ground and in the air, slide kicking would use up stamina as well. In addition to using melee, you can breath/shoot plasma balls/bolts or plasma breath (preferably balls or bolts since you already have melee for close range and breath would be close range as well, balls/bolts give you a long distance attack). Maybe they would be AoE when they reach their target destination? You would fire them like you do your gun (left mouse button (default)). The plasma balls would have travel time like the Lanka and wouldn't be hit scan. Having the plasma balls have travel time adds a skill curve that some/most frames don't have because you have to account for target movement and such. Yes, I know that since the plasma balls would take away energy channeling and i am trying to figure out a way to have that as well. You wouldn't have ADS for the plasma balls since you would have blocking on the right mouse button (default). IF the balls do AoE damage upon reaching the target having an ADS wouldn't really be necessary, and most people I see don't use channeling that much, so those to things may not even be needed. However, I'm still trying to think of a way to have these things in there so that nothing is taken away.

Adding wings instead of jets would make the frame much more inline with the "dragon" arch-type. However, if you REALLY want to have jets in there, you could compromise and have the plasma wings come from the jets.

Over all its your frame and the final idea is up to you. I just thought i would give my opinion on how to make it seem more "dragon-like" Gl with this in the future!

Dear internet.

In T-minus 24:00:00, the reveal of the long awaited dragon frame is to be shown to the world.

My inner hype may not be able to last me until then.

I fear for the worst, the possibility of caving into madness approaches rapidly.

The hype... is real.

In T-minus 24:00:00, the reveal of the long awaited dragon frame is to be shown to the world.

Unless they lied, of course.

Not to say I don't trust DE, but from what I recall, last TennoLive featured more of Steve twerking in pink shorts than content previews.

Unless they lied, of course.

Not to say I don't trust DE, but from what I recall, last TennoLive featured more of Steve twerking in pink shorts than content previews.

Well... You're right but seing how hyped the Dragon theme is, and how close the update seems to be.

Plus, the fact that they seem to be in a hell of a battlefield to make it come ASAP...

I say it would be idiotic from them not to play with our fan nerves and give us that content info we want so badly only at the end of TennoLive.

But that's just my take on it.

Edited by Cyriann

I guess your Warframe idea is in the Warframe Wiki Featured Poll: "What are you most excited for in Update 16?" right now. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Altough it would be awesome if it would be added in Update 16.

Edited by MrNoobAlot

I guess your Warframe idea is in the Warframe Wiki Featured Poll: "What are you most excited for in Update 16?" right now. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Altough it would be awesome if it would be added in Update 16.

im going to be blunt...the dragon warframe IS in update 16

T-minus 12 minutes,5 hours until dragon frame reveal