Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

1. I totally understand people's hate, but don't forget it can't strive away from its current art style.

2. The Dragon Frame here would stand out from the Warframe feel and would make a huge amount players be the dragon frame.

3. They can't copy all aspects of the design unless they want to feature player made frame which will unlikely happen.

4. Dragon's are cliche itself, they wanted to move away from the typical European dragon stereotypical design. 

ZH32bfa.png

Well they did say possibly inspired by the concept on this thread and it looks nice and all, but still would have preferred the concept from this thread.

Vauban and mutalist moa got drunk and have a baby...

1. I totally understand people's hate, but don't forget it can't strive away from its current art style.

2. The Dragon Frame here would stand out from the Warframe feel and would make a huge amount players be the dragon frame.

3. They can't copy all aspects of the design unless they want to feature player made frame which will unlikely happen.

4. Dragon's are cliche itself, they wanted to move away from the typical European dragon stereotypical design. 

It is still ugly as heck. He also does not fit into the Warframe feel, unless people actually want to play as an infested ancient. In fact, with his name 'Chroma', which is really bad for a supposedly 'dragon' frame (dragons are supposed to be badass), this does not feel like a dragon at all.

I think DE needs to rethink their design. The concept here hyped me up for a really badass frame, but instead we got a pile of bile.

Edited by HatchetHaro

Well. Now I know I will most likely not play DRAGON frame, unless it's abilities are AMAZING.

I don't think even an alternate helm will help this time around.

Edit: Friends in call brought up a good point.

That dragon frame looks more like an infested than a dragon.

Edited by Shuuro

at the risk of sounding like a spoiled brat..
this visual design basicly turned my upcoming main into mastery fodder..

It doesn't look dragon-ish at all...

it looks like 1 of the Lephantis heads, or as others mentioned... an ant-eater head taped to an infested Ancient..

still gonna play it, but this could be so much better

#SuchDisappoint

Edited by BaIthazar

He looks like a bipedal charger mixed with an anteater imo...

First frame design I'm not keen on...

Right now, I give him a 5/10. I'll wait until I see his abilities to give my final form score.

(OP's design is way better though)

Edited by unknow99

at the risk of sounding like a spoiled brat..

this visual design basicly turned my upcoming main into mastery fodder..

It doesn't look dragon-ish at all...

it looks like 1 of the Lephantis heads, or as others mentioned... an ant-eater head taped to an infested Ancient..

still gonna play it, but this could be so much better

#SuchDisappoint

Agreed, Endrian's design looks way better.

Edited by Lightsmith

Honestly, the design shown here is just as bad in terms of aesthetics. Looks way too generic and plain with an obvious theme it tried to deviate from and expand on, something you never see on the actual frames, so I don't know what you were actually expecting. Something resembling this one would have brought as much disappointment in the long run, if not more.

/imo /unpopularopinion /thereIsaidit

come on, come at me with your hate.

I'm calling it now. TOTALLY a troll by DE did you see the way they talked about it and how they didnt react or even mention the instant hate it got?

TOTALLY A TROLL what they release is gonna be different! calling it now.

I'm calling it now. TOTALLY a troll by DE did you see the way they talked about it and how they didnt react or even mention the instant hate it got?

TOTALLY A TROLL what they release is gonna be different! calling it now.

Nah, way to polished to be a Troll.

Honestly, the design shown here is just as bad in terms of aesthetics. Looks way too generic and plain with an obvious theme it tried to deviate from and expand on, something you never see on the actual frames, so I don't know what you were actually expecting. Something resembling this one would have brought as much disappointment in the long run, if not more.

/imo /unpopularopinion /thereIsaidit

come on, come at me with your hate.

Also the first where the face clearly is beyond human shape. There is no reason for it to be shaped like that if a human face behind it., IMO.