Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

He's just beefy like Rhino, and there is nothing wrong with that, game needs more well built males.

Honestly would preffer if he was more slimmer like in previous concept art, he doesn't have to look beefy to be tough.Not exactly a fan of bulky warframe designs but either way much better than this crap design DE came up with.

What the heck is wrong with DE's design team ... it looks like ... Nothing ! Fans with their concept art do are way better than them

Sigh, RIP Dragon.

Everyone welcome to Warframe the Twizzler Seahorse.

From now on, this has to be its name

The Twizzler Seahorse

Even Hydroid is a beauty compared to ... this thing.

Has to be a troll

I realley want to know how Endrian feels about this. Im guessing disapointed but looking on the bright side. At any rate this piece of..ehm.. something else in a bad way looks nothing! like a dragon and I send this message to DE.  

SEAHORSES DO NOT COUNT!!!!!! WE ASKED FOR A DRAGON YOU TEASED A DRAGON!!!!!!!! NOT THIS ABOMBINATION!!!  RRRRRAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEE. Well that helped get my anger out better. I see this going along the way of zephyr just blurring into obscurity and seeing no one play it after it comes out. Also DE will notice this is more then us just not liking a concept origanally when time passes and we still hate its guts.

I realley want to know how Endrian feels about this. Im guessing disapointed but looking on the bright side. At any rate this piece of..ehm.. something else in a bad way looks nothing! like a dragon and I send this message to DE.  

SEAHORSES DO NOT COUNT!!!!!! WE ASKED FOR A DRAGON YOU TEASED A DRAGON!!!!!!!! NOT THIS ABOMBINATION!!!  RRRRRAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEE. Well that helped get my anger out better. I see this going along the way of zephyr just blurring into obscurity and seeing no one play it after it comes out. Also DE will notice this is more then us just not liking a concept origanally when time passes and we still hate its guts.

He already edited his post on the first page sharing how he felt on the top of his post.

I haven' lost faith in this Chroma. In a way they kept the color scheme from Endrian's Dragon however do keep in mind that like zephyr DE would make it more Warframish so I expected this. Maybe the alternative helmets would be different too. Luckily for me depending on the helmets I can make Endrians Warframe using Chroma.

But guys really. Look at Wyrm Prime and Chroma. Thats the idea of a dragon warframe to begin with. So guys, deal with it. Like Endrian said it was ultimatlely DE desicion to begin with.

only thing is unlike Zephyr, DE didnt say they were using this Concept for Chroma. they are just using the Dragon THEME. not concept.

only thing is unlike Zephyr, DE didnt say they were using this Concept for Chroma. they are just using the Dragon THEME. not concept.

Idk why people even think they are using the theme. It's not like no one has ever thought of implementing Dragon-like things in video games before. I highly doubt ANYTHING from this thread inspired Chroma, theme, concept, etc. 

edit: typo

Edited by Rexlars

It is still ugly as heck. He also does not fit into the Warframe feel, unless people actually want to play as an infested ancient. In fact, with his name 'Chroma', which is really bad for a supposedly 'dragon' frame (dragons are supposed to be badass), this does not feel like a dragon at all.

I think DE needs to rethink their design. The concept here hyped me up for a really badass frame, but instead we got a pile of bile.

Honestly, the design shown here is just as bad in terms of aesthetics. Looks way too generic and plain with an obvious theme it tried to deviate from and expand on, something you never see on the actual frames, so I don't know what you were actually expecting. Something resembling this one would have brought as much disappointment in the long run, if not more.

/imo /unpopularopinion /thereIsaidit

come on, come at me with your hate.

No hate, just love... get over here baby *Holds out arms*

Actually the name is based off the Chromatic Dragons from D&D, in which the color of the Dragon meant the Element its breath attack would be: A Red Dragon is Fire, A Blue is Lightning, A White is Ice, A Green is Poison, A Black is Acid, ect, ect, ect. SO out of everything about this frame, the name is the only thing that resembles a Dragon. 

... -_- you beat me too it sigh

Sigh, RIP Dragon.

Everyone welcome to Warframe the Twizzler Seahorse.

BAHAHAHAHA I love this nickname, it almost makes me want to plat the Frame just to say, "Hey guys what are you going to run, Rhino, okay, Loki, yea cool, and Nova, alright then, Imma use Twizzler Seahorse... :DDD"

I said it once I will say it again,

"Naked Mole Rat made sweet sweet love to an Aardvark, they had a baby, it became Obese, got Liposuction and no Skin Tuck, went on to become a fire eater and breather." -SCIENCE *@##$ES-

Well.GG.Extreme disappointment but.I do understand a bit that they don't want 'Chroma' to be like another 'Rhino'Maybe 'Chroma Prime'..Maybe it'll looks like a Dragon?

In another post related to TennoLive 2015 and the reveal of the things.

It was pointed out that Chroma, tho a "Dragon" frame is more so meant to look more akin to a seahorse or Seadragon

leafy-sea-dragon-ocean-pobook006-sw.jpg

this is to reflect the upcoming "Under Water" Tile-set and missions they are working on. Which when you compare 

this

8O574zz.png

to this...

leafy-sea-dragons-anthony-jones.jpg

it makes more sense.

Edited by (XB1)Clayton Peace

capricasix

i think it's said like this:"How do you take something so awsome and turn it into ............ i don't even know what the hel that is."

or somethong like that

But still i think Hydroid beats Chroma from design view.

Edited by Kostadin

capricasix

i think it's said like this:"How do you take something so awsome and turn it into ............ i don't even know what the hel that is."

or something like that

But still i think Hydroid beats Chroma from design view.

It's apparently a twizzler seahorse anteater wrapped in bacon (thanks jmforeman), or so they say... I shall keep calling it an abomination though :P ..and yes, Dr Zoidberg looks much better than Chroma.

Edited by CapricaSix

It's apparently a twizzler seahorse, or so they say... I shall keep calling it an abomination though :P ..and yes, Dr Zoidberg looks much better than Chroma.

I think "anteater wrapped in bacon" is a better description.

Edited by jmforeman02

Well they didn't draw any inspiration from this concept with the upcoming chroma but there is still a chance that this could still get added to the game.

I highly doubt it since Chroma is dragon themed with abilities based on the dragons of D&D. Endrian is also dragon themed (clearly) so I doubt they would implement 2 frames with the same inspiration pool.