Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Probable Way De Will Handle Strata's Destruction

Niryco

First we lose the relay and next we have battle points reset.

This is the most simple way and probably effective way DE can punish the playerbase because first players who claim to have other better things to do than to play archwing or complete the event whether true or not would not get affected too much. Resetting of battlepoints would simply mean you can't get those nice mods and imperator vandal.

This means there would be little to almost no backlash on the forums with players that disagree with the punishment being too harsh, in addition players who have better things to do would not be held accountable for the event failing.

This would put pressure on players who want the event to succeed to try harder, that means they would probably ask their friends to join in and help them, this would increase player base activity and in addition push new players to explore the solar system to complete later nodes, maybe even recruiting traffic + plat spending.

Players who want the mod may also start to blame the community, but since the community would fight back to say they have better things to do, DE can side step this whole community dilemma by saying that we have to try harder as Vay Hek is relentless and not blame one another therefore not implying that those who better things to do would be at fault. As such the players who want the mod would work much harder and those who don't care would simply leech off their efforts.

Sounds disgusting? Well this is actually the best scenario for DE and the community. Because on top of the players who would not be interested in the event, there would be players who would see the punishment is not "harsh enough" in their eyes and as such would have done the same thing either ways, which is not help the relays.

If there is no way DE can influence players to play the relays, the only way was to establish a high score threshold to gain credits, that way those players who don't care would still chip in by targeting your reward impulses. So at least some steam is let off from players who wants those mods and weapons.

In the end the relays would foresee-ably be reconstructed, to be honest the 3 that will be 100% reconstructed are those with Baro inside since they can't waste Baro's codes as it would mean money down the drain because the community isn't interested and thus bad investment both in terms of time and money.

In the end all the players who are not interested + who feel that the punishment is too soft would still do what would have been done in the first place, chip in a little and get those credits and are not punished or blamed. On the other hands players who want the stuff work harder, promote the game and increase the whole games social aspect and player base.

Talk about win- win, any other form of punishment both non archwing or archwing type would be complicated and lead to some community backlash on DE. Deleting accounts is extreme, resources depletion is too soft and clans would complain that it is DE's way to force them to spend plat, syndicates not coming back would lead to outcry too, yada yada yada. To be honest almost non of these other punishments is relate able to the event so if they happen it would not only be logical but also reflect badly on DE since they are dragging and forcing those not interested into doing something that they don't like. That my friend is oppressive.

Thank you.

Edited by Niryco

If people did more than just one-and-done strategies, we'd not even have to worry about this. We have enough players, we just need more of them doing the mission more than once.

This would incentivise them to do so.

I support this idea with my dying breath.

If people did more than just one-and-done strategies, we'd not even have to worry about this. We have enough players, we just need more of them doing the mission more than once.

Well get ready for an influx of new players too, since people are probably going to ask their friends to join and take out this "big boss" talk about tackling it lost planet 2 style.

Since when were the events fun ?? we ultimately had to kill thousands of Grineer/Corpus/Infested anyway. It was all about the rewards. People say that this is a grind. The Gradivus Dilemma was a bigger grind. The contest of Martialis node went on for 2 days. We had to kill droves of Corpus or Grineer to prevent the other from winning. This is same, we have to stop the Grineer from winning, otherwise they destroy a Relay. Where's the difference ? People loved that event.

I agree with keltik0ne.

This is a GAME! It's supposed to be fun for crying out loud. 

It is NOT real life. This is NOT my job!

Punishment of the base for not doing an event because, frankly, it sucks badly in gameplay and the scoring system is abysmal to where Rebecca has had to CLARIFY the scoring system in a few threads, is not fair and will lose playerbase. 

Specifically, the paying customers, who work, who have family (and are not available at the moment as its Xmas) who essentially pay for the platinum that pay DE's staff and server costs. 

This must be a large portion of the player base, nearly as big as the obsessed high tier clans and due to this, consideration should be applied to them as well.

For this event, this has not been done/people do not care enough as it's Archwing, which has had VERY little done to it since the base maps came out. 

Everything else is GRIND.... and dull gameplay. 

Don't blame the community for not being excited to play this, look to the way it's been announced, dated, structured, and organised. (I certainly would not have designed it this way.... jeez, ESPECIALLY not at Xmas.) 

Bawalbaba, on 21 Dec 2014 - 4:10 PM, said:

Since when were the events fun ?? we ultimately had to kill thousands of Grineer/Corpus/Infested anyway. It was all about the rewards. People say that this is a grind. The Gradivus Dilemma was a bigger grind. The contest of Martialis node went on for 2 days. We had to kill droves of Corpus or Grineer to prevent the other from winning. This is same, we have to stop the Grineer from winning, otherwise they destroy a Relay. Where's the difference ? People loved that event.

What you mean the maps where the AI will hide, try to flank you, you can use varied powers with others who have varied powers, pick people up, have three different weapons for yourself (and others).

Compared to currently where - you have one, maybe two archwings, with the same powers.... very few people with the upgraded weapons due to the grind to achieve them. 

A feeling of lack of achievement, poor rewards (gradivius dilemma offered reactors, cats and formas... which people wanted then due to the drop table rarity...) for this one.

Meh, the overall issue is the way ARCHWING functions.... and as the event is fixed on that gameplay, this is why we have 40% formorians with barely anyone but the obsessed trying to get high scores. 

Sorry, thats the truth. I play for FUN, not for exasperation and an E-penis extension. 

Edited by KaraFang

You're overlooking the obvious: the event isn't fun, it's just not.

If they wanted people to play it more, they should have made it good.

There is no way to make it good or fun, even fighting something like lephantiasis would have been unfun is there is no grind wall to reward players who grinded it out. The fact is simple there is little grind to battle the fomorians and so it will become boring fast, but it is because there is no other way of doing it without the community who have better things doing who would complain that they are being neglected and what not and that it is unfair for them.

This would again lead to a divide in the community but it would now be solvable since no one is to be blamed and DE can come in and reassure the players that we should try harder. That way players who find this disgusting would do something about it too, unless they don't mind leeching off the efforts of those who are interested.

This isn't about making a fun activity, it is about making one that is engaging and promotes co-operation in the community.

I agree with keltik0ne.

Punishment of the base for not doing an event because, frankly, it sucks badly in gameplay and the scoring system is abysmal to where Rebecca has had to CLARIFY the scoring system in a few threads, is not fair and will lose playerbase. 

Specifically, the paying customers, who work, who have family (and are not available at the moment as its Xmas) who essentially pay for the platinum that pay DE's staff and server costs. 

This must be a large portion of the player base, nearly as big as the obsessed high tier clans and due to this, consideration should be applied to them as well.

For this event, this has not been done/people do not care enough as it's Archwing, which has had VERY little done to it since the base maps came out. 

Don't blame the community for not being excited to play this, look to the way it's been announced, dated, structured, and organised. (I certainly would not have designed it this way.... jeez, ESPECIALLY not at Xmas.) 

Games these days focus on engagement value + co-operation value of the community, from there different types of fun can be arrived to appease all forms of players.

Also not a whole lot of the playerbase would be lost because it would only be those of the vocal minority who call the DE bluff card and that they are trying to act all hip saying DE is not willing to do some BDSM on the community as a whole. (sadistic people really)

However the gain in players by those who want to ask their friends for help and show them this awesome big boss to fight would bring in more players into this game. This increases player traffic more than players leaving. In addition the paying club is probably 20% or less of the community that actively makes DE their money, but if DE attends to them it would be quite detrimental to their player base.

In the end this event failing doesn't not put any blame on the community as well simply because who is to blame? Can you point fingers at anyone for having your battle points resetted? You probably would try hard to find an excuse and blame the players who are not interested but the fact is that is irrelevant and being unreasonable since you would be forcing players into doing something they don't want to do.

As such with no one to blame those who want the mods would work harder, put in more hours and increase the productivity of the game overall.

Edited by Niryco

maybe if they had different tier rewards for the score you got on the fomorian. like 500k gets you the credits. 1 mil gets you a forma/catalyst/reactor bp and 1.5-2 mil gets you 1-2 pieces of the new resource (since you know, archwing)

also you can only get 1 tier per run. no getting 2 mil in one run to get everything. would probably get people to run the mission multiple times

Edited by Llelouche

I agree with keltik0ne.

What about the MR10+ people who are in-game and are playing Mercury and saying I have better stuff to do.

I agree with your point. I myself have plans, but I tend to make the most of my times, If I get 2 hours a day, I try to spend 1 hour in-game doing stuff that actually is worth giving a damn. This is worth giving a damn.

maybe if they had different tier rewards for the score you got on the fomorian. like 500k gets you the credits. 1 mil gets you a forma/catalyst/reactor bp and 1.5-2 mil gets you 1-2 pieces of the new resource (since you know, archwing)

also you can only get 1 tier per run. no getting 2 mil in one run to get everything. would probably get people to run the mission multiple times

That would have been smart on DE's part, but i won't know the rationale for having a single score threshold, probably they wanted to avoid a grind outcry from the playerbase or those who miss out to ask for those fomorians back since they want their lost catalyst.

Punish? The event is scripted as F***, the % on Saturn is already lower than Earth yet it has around the same amount of squads. Some hubs getting destroyed is part of the event, no matter how hard you try.

I suspect those hubs with baro would be saved with better efficiency, scripted or not there are alot of other factors too.

Community IS fun. When an event is fun people play it...

I point to the evidence that people ARE NOT DOING THIS EVENT!

If they are not doing the event, but have the game... then what do we say?

Newbies who do not have archwing cannot play it.... so a large portion of the playerbase cannot do this event = wow, really. I would have thought DE knows precisely who has wings and who does not and the percentages as well. 

High tier mastery rankers can get better rewards doing the normal missions = rewards for the event are of little interest to them/ they can get rarer rewards doing missions they find fun. Oh, and that would suggest the FUN part of this event is lacking (IE - wow events, like seeing a formorian explode... which appears to be missing) is causing them not to bother. 

Score for high tier clans = the only ones who do it, because they want the bragging rights... but some have commented that its just pointless due to exploiters and THEY have stopped as well. 

Nope, still feel overall not the playerbase or community's fault. When something sucks, it sucks. 

A la Destiny. 

Punish? The event is scripted as F***, the % on Saturn is already lower than Earth yet it has around the same amount of squads. Some hubs getting destroyed is part of the event, no matter how hard you try.

That's new. Actually no, it's the community who decide that the Strata Relay will be left to the hands of the Fomorian. So yeah not scripted as you say. People are running the Kronia relay more because Baro will appear there so community is acting towards their individual benefit.

Community IS fun. When an event is fun people play it...

I point to the evidence that people ARE NOT DOING THIS EVENT!

If they are not doing the event, but have the game... then what do we say?

Newbies who do not have archwing cannot play it.... so a large portion of the playerbase cannot do this event = wow, really. I would have thought DE knows precisely who has wings and who does not and the percentages as well. 

High tier mastery rankers can get better rewards doing the normal missions = rewards for the event are of little interest to them/ they can get rarer rewards doing missions they find fun. Oh, and that would suggest the FUN part of this event is lacking (IE - wow events, like seeing a formorian explode... which appears to be missing) is causing them not to bother. 

Score for high tier clans = the only ones who do it, because they want the bragging rights... but some have commented that its just pointless due to exploiters and THEY have stopped as well. 

Nope, still feel overall not the playerbase or community's fault. When something sucks, it sucks. 

A la Destiny. 

Tell me how do you make an event fun and not a repetitive grind? Have lucrative rewards like reactors, formas, bygone blueprints? Next players who miss this event how should they be catered to? too bad you weren't here at this appointed time, sorry but you miss out on all this awesome unlocks.

This is clearly what happened at the end of the sling stone event. Fun but at what expense? So that the game DC's after each explosion? Honestly there is no way to make it fun. You want another lepthanis boss? So what happens after the next 30 fights with a grind bar on top? No one plays it because why fight the same boss 1000 times for nothing?

DE can't just account for players now, they have to also think about players who are going to come in later asking for all this awesome things that they missed out and thus forum flame wars between those with life, no lifers and new players all over again. Can we have another primed chamber? There is little DE can do about fun for this event without it becoming a bore because there is a global health bar.

Also not everyone wants an imperator vandal. The event therefore doesn't blame the players and at the same time if it did blame DE it would be the part of the community saying that this event isn't fun(your stand). Something that is easily solvable as the events progress or even in future events. But this way of punishing doesn't affect everyone too harshly and is overall doesn't lead to too large of an outcry by the entire populace.

Part of the community (which includes me) doesn't play Archwing. That might be for a combination of several factors - lack of interest, lack of enjoyment, lack of variety, or maybe just the fact that many of us came here to play a third-person shooter and not a flight simulator with an outrageous handling of linear momentum.

That part of the community will NOT take part in the event, no matter what happens.

Will you be providing me materials to waste?

Losing all battle points would make me lose all interest in this event entirely. Oh no, i'm going to lose a vandal archwing weapon... My least favourite archwing weapon in a mode no one plays. *Gasp* The horror...

DE messed up if they wanted to keep the relays or heck if they wanted people to care. They should have added an incentive to actually win. The incentive is to keep the relays? We only need one and we already saved venus. Since there is very little reason to actually have more than one relay as they are basically identical with different skyboxes.

Infact theres actually more incentive to lose as many as possible.

It instantly solves the question of "Where is the voidtrader gonna be" well how about the only relay remaining?

It also prevents players from being spread out, if you only have one hub everyone who wants to hub is gonna be there.

By not having a victory incentive it became a Lore trainwreck. The day the Tenno literally said "Naw F*** it, I have better things to do."

8tN5hk2.gif

I wonder why people are doing a one and done strategy... Oh maybe its because THAT'S WHAT THE EVENT TELLS US TO DO. There is literally no reason to play it again, we get no reward.

Punishing people for not participating? Is this school or something?

This is just plain out silly. People don't think it is fun, so they don't play it.

You don't like the color purple?! Waterboarding for you!

But really, a handful of people deciding they don't want to help wouldn't cripple the entire effort.

Edited by CoRRh

That's new. Actually no, it's the community who decide that the Strata Relay will be left to the hands of the Fomorian. So yeah not scripted as you say. People are running the Kronia relay more because Baro will appear there so community is acting I'lltowards their individual benefit.

And you know this how?

The forum community doesn't represent the entire gaming community, merely a fraction.

Just because the forum said earth relay should burn doesn't mean everyone is listening. Rather, only the ones that want to see relays burn.

Honestly I think the event revolves around archwing because no one is playing it.

Edited by DotBeta

And you know this how?

The forum community doesn't represent the entire gaming community, merely a fraction.

Just because the forum said earth relay should burn doesn't mean everyone is listening. Rather, only the ones that want to see relays burn.

Honestly I think the event revolves around archwing because no one is playing it.

Because everywhere people are saying," let it be destroyed, for science of course."

Losing all battle points would make me lose all interest in this event entirely. Oh no, i'm going to lose a vandal archwing weapon... My least favourite archwing weapon in a mode no one plays. *Gasp* The horror...

DE messed up if they wanted to keep the relays or heck if they wanted people to care. They should have added an incentive to actually win. The incentive is to keep the relays? We only need one and we already saved venus. Since there is very little reason to actually have more than one relay as they are basically identical with different skyboxes.

Infact theres actually more incentive to lose as many as possible.

It instantly solves the question of "Where is the voidtrader gonna be" well how about the only relay remaining?

It also prevents players from being spread out, if you only have one hub everyone who wants to hub is gonna be there.

By not having a victory incentive it became a Lore trainwreck. The day the Tenno literally said "Naw F*** it, I have better things to do."

Not only that but haven't they learned by now that most people play for greed? The darksectors and battle pay have shown that long ago, there were people happily advertising their greed constantly and saying, yea I only fight for the side offering the better reward no loyalties. Why would they expect people not to continue doing this?

I agree with keltik0ne.

The problem is that Saturn is going down at the speed of light, while Earth's slowly advancing.

People ARE playing the mission, simply ignoring Earth out of a whim over testing DE on keeping their words about removing Relays if a mission failed.

People at DE worked to make these relays, took their time to do it, and people are letting them go down to see what'll happen.

Actions should have consequences and, if DE decides to punish the playerbase for just ignoring their warnings, then so be it.