Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Reset The Obstacle Course Leaderboard In Dojo

MrPie5

The leaderboards for the obstacle course reset every week. My friends and I like to compete to beat each others high scores, but have recently found out that those scores are now gone. We have little incentive to redo our best runs knowing that they will be gone in a week and we won't be immortalized in the dojo. Here's my suggestion: reset the Global leaderboard every week as has been happening, but keep each individual Clan's leaderboard inside the dojo static, with an option for the warlords to reset it when they choose.

• 2 weeks later...

Well. I half agree. I dont mind if they remove weekly resets but then they have to have a reset button/option so I or my officers can reset it.

We run (every couple weeks) a fri night clan obstacle mini challenge. Having them clean and clear for this is a must. Else we are back to everyone having to take individual screenshots on the night and upload to our clan page etc etc....just a pain.

Also, without weekly resets ... Nubcakes will go cheat in the 0.01s scores and they would be there permanently :O 

Would make me furious to have those scores stuck on there

EDIT: I would be all for Permanent leaderboards, if we (as Warlords) atleast had the option to manually reset them.

Edited by -Ops1-eternaL1

I'm all for implementing a second leaderboard for clans which doesn't reset. Just call it "all time clan best" or something like that. We won't even need a reset option but it would be nice to have it due to bugs allowing for times below 1 second. Personally I don't want such time to poison my clan leaderboards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm... I think this is an excellent idea. Although the weekly clearing for global needs to be modded to clear only bug abuser's scores... like clear anything lower than 2 seconds. Or 5 seconds for that matter... I have an ongoing competition with me and 2 of my clan mates, but when my best score got erased....

Who cares about global leaderboards filled with cheaters.

Let's have two scoreboards: one with weekly ladder and one with static ladder (or reset it annually if they really have to be reset).

Give the dojo's architects the ability to choose if they want the weekly one to show global leaderboards or only the clan members leaderboards.

We don't run the obstacle course because...

we won't be immortalized in the dojo.

^ this.

Looking forward to a change.

Edited by Raniu

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm... I think this is an excellent idea. Although the weekly clearing for global needs to be modded to clear only bug abuser's scores... like clear anything lower than 2 seconds. Or 5 seconds for that matter... I have an ongoing competition with me and 2 of my clan mates, but when my best score got erased....

But then it would be a question of who can get closest to that 5 second mark. We should be tracking the but exploit, not the result. Of course, this is a very complex problem and one that DE has so far been unwilling/unable to solve.