Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Updating Warframe Wikia

Nehmetawy

One of the best things about about the Warframe Wikia thus far has been the tremendous amout of help that everyone is willing to put in. One of my current projects is getting the market pages on the wikia and then it will be working to keep them up to date.

I do have several questions if any of you can take the time to answer:

What do you think we need on the Wikia?

Are there any ideas you think would be cool to try and use on the Wikia?

Is there information you couldn't find on the Wikia?

Do you like the colors?

Message me here, or you can reach me on the Wikia as Tnargraef.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Or ask nicely...?

I like the colors, but i hate how just simple "black" doesn't exist. i want to be black and red for example, maybe a bit of yellow. but black is nonexistant in the color palettes, only dark grey and dark *insert color here* exist.

theres tons of info i couldn't find on the wikia, mostly crit chance of weapons and info on sentinels and how their mods/abilities work.

For example do i get anything for upgrading regen? what's the base crit chance on akbolto?

what is the base runspeed of banshee (it's pretty fast, somewhere between 1.4 and 1.8 i'm guessing.)

also, how the hell are weapon fire rates and accuracy measured? because in game it makes little to no sense... many inaccurate have lower "accuracy" than the most precise weapons, the most precise weapons tend to have lower accuracy than the inaccurate ones but not always, 

Fire rate usually measures ok but when it comes to melee weapons i am confus!

snipetron has 13.3 acc, lex has 16.0 and the very inaccurate aklato has 11.1 the similarily inaccurate akbolto has 26.7

makes no sense to me.

Edited by rabcor

I think the wiki needs more detailed numbers but those seem to be hard to get. Data mining maybe ?

I agree, I would enjoy more numbers on the wiki.

Specifically, crit chance and crit damage modifiers.

Some warframes need their profiles fletched out better, I've noticed a few (Such as banshee) Missing numbers.

When I get home from classes I'll see if I can help out with the wiki any.

I think the wiki needs more detailed numbers but those seem to be hard to get. Data mining maybe ?

Do you have a specific piece of information we can try and request? I'm sure we can try and email the developer team to get some information back on our pages updated.

I like the colors, but i hate how just simple "black" doesn't exist. i want to be black and red for example, maybe a bit of yellow. but black is nonexistant in the color palettes, only dark grey and dark *insert color here* exist.

I meant more of the color of the Wikia overall, not what we can use on the warframes. Though that might be a fun discussion at another point and time.

theres tons of info i couldn't find on the wikia, mostly crit chance of weapons and info on sentinels and how their mods/abilities work.

Okay so getting this added to the list of to-do. A lot of our information comes strait from what we can see and test as players though.

also, how the hell are weapon fire rates and accuracy measured? because in game it makes little to no sense... many inaccurate have lower "accuracy" than the most precise weapons, the most precise weapons tend to have lower accuracy than the inaccurate ones but not always, 

Fire rate usually measures ok but when it comes to melee weapons i am confus!

snipetron has 13.3 acc, lex has 16.0 and the very inaccurate aklato has 11.1 the similarily inaccurate akbolto has 26.7

We have people actively trying to figure these things out on the wiki too.

As an example: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Melee_Charge_Formula

So far on the to-do list:

Find out what Sentinel Mods do.

Get more weapon numbers.

Find out how fast Banshee runs.

Find more dancing cats.

there's a function i always want to have is the bug list.

confirmed bug, which was noted, which is on the test, with the DE monitoring it.

there's one in the support section but that's for the engine performance and mostly technical.

if asking one of the staff for a daily monitoring to the bug list submitted and confirmed (by somehow re-formatted or pinned and some explanation) is too much or not possible at the moment, having a page for this kind of list and discussion in the wikia isn't bad too.

there's a section for unconfirmed bugs where you submit and other's or tester will investigate, and there's another for the confirmed bugs and glitch where people can look before submitting a found bug.

things like, how power mods affecting a frame power, lets say Excalibur's Slash Dash, Continuity makes the Dash longer, and what about Reach ? does it make the Dash further ? is this intentional ? or is this bug ?

after the recent patch that supposed to fix a lot of Frame powers with power mods, Ember despite said being the frame with the most broken skill (about the mod not affecting it, don's start with the skill set here) still doesn't have her powers affected by the power mods, is this intentional ? what's the relation, how to understand if a skill is affected by range, duration ? why are some powers not affected by strength mod ?

and more, does the DEs know about this ? there might be a slip, like, how the loot table for Dark Sword is fine, while it turns out there's a code to add the reward to the Alert failed to do so ?

confirmed bug, which was noted, which is on the test, with the DE monitoring it.

there's one in the support section but that's for the engine performance and mostly technical.

if asking one of the staff for a daily monitoring to the bug list submitted and confirmed (by somehow re-formatted or pinned and some explanation) is too much or not possible at the moment, having a page for this kind of list and discussion in the wikia isn't bad too.

there's a section for unconfirmed bugs where you submit and other's or tester will investigate, and there's another for the confirmed bugs and glitch where people can look before submitting a found bug.

Bug page could be made and a template to organize the bugs can be done. I can't really guareentee the submission of bugs or that they will be reviewed properly.

things like, how power mods affecting a frame power, lets say Excalibur's Slash Dash, Continuity makes the Dash longer, and what about Reach ? does it make the Dash further ? is this intentional ? or is this bug ?

A lot of the ability pages have details if a power is affected by certain mods, but I'll see what I can dig into.

after the recent patch that supposed to fix a lot of Frame powers with power mods, Ember despite said being the frame with the most broken skill (about the mod not affecting it, don's start with the skill set here) still doesn't have her powers affected by the power mods, is this intentional ? what's the relation, how to understand if a skill is affected by range, duration ? why are some powers not affected by strength mod ?

That would need to be brought up with the dev team. I can get only really try to get the information, but if there's a bug with a power it should be documented and reported properly.

and more, does the DEs know about this ? there might be a slip, like, how the loot table for Dark Sword is fine, while it turns out there's a code to add the reward to the Alert failed to do so ?

About the Wiki? Yes

About the 2nd part of that? can you rephrase that please?

A lot of the ability pages have details if a power is affected by certain mods, but I'll see what I can dig into.

About the Wiki? Yes

About the 2nd part of that? can you rephrase that please?

thanks for the response, and pardon my english,

um, no, i meant the said bugs in the bug section if we ever have that.

the 2nd phrase is about the Dark Sword being a reward from "?" alert. the sword have never comes out for such a long long time that the community finally asked the DEs about the sword existent, Rebecca comes and reported the said issue and comes back with the result that the codes in the loot table are doing fine.

a while after we have twitter and fb notification for the alert system, an alert pops up in the game and in the twitter saying that there is an alert with Dark Sword as a reward, while in fact, doing the said mission gives you nothing.

some people comes to the conclusion that there is actually something that's wrong, instead in the loot table, it's the code that adds the reward to the alert.

about the power having bugs are just an example of things that bothers me. it's true that the wiki already have a lot of information about the said powers, but that's what have been done purely from testing, we have yet to know the logic as to why is it like this while the other skills are like that. i feel like some information is still missing.

The biggest issue that we have is that the wiki is maintained by us the players. I would direct asking for a clearer bug section to the Gameplay Feedback section. Collecting up questions and trying to find the information is part of the work of it!

So far on the to-do list:

Find out what Sentinel Mods do.

Get more weapon numbers.

Find out how fast Banshee runs.

Find more dancing cats.

Find out about mods affecting warframe powers.

Create a bug documentation page.

Wouldn't mind a warframe by level farmable list so people can plan when they can play a certain warframe.

This may be harder to implement. Can you run how you would want this idea presented to you?

Currently I can only imagine noting the level of the bosses that they are associated with.

Something like:

Name of Frame

Boss that drops it

Where the boss is

General level of enemies in that area

I've always wondered why DE is so tight-lipped on things such as Weapon or Frame stats. cknives's comment about mining values from the data files sounds like a good option, other than the fact that I have no idea how to go about such an endeavor. I've seen people set up spreadsheets and rely on hitting enemies hundreds of times and recording the numbers that pop out, but that method is tedious and time-consuming. 

I really wish they would just release the info on weapon values that you can't find in-game, alongside a damage calculator. If the game is able to calculate damage when you hit an enemy, why can't it show you at your inventory screen after you apply mods? Even old school RPGs (think chrono trigger) were able to tell you your damage output as you equipped your character.

I'm unable to login to verify for another 5 hours myself. I can only view through a few things that said 75. I'm overall unsure of this at the time, but it's easy to fix if someone doesn't mind providing the information.

I would post a screencap if I could, but as of the time of this post the in-game store still says 150 platinum for the Glaive.

One of the best things about about the Warframe Wikia thus far has been the tremendous amout of help that everyone is willing to put in. One of my current projects is getting the market pages on the wikia and then it will be working to keep them up to date.

I do have several questions if any of you can take the time to answer:

What do you think we need on the Wikia? - Better Quality Pictures and more In-Depth and Organized Pages.

Are there any ideas you think would be cool to try and use on the Wikia? - Polls. =D

Is there information you couldn't find on the Wikia? - None so far.

Do you like the colors? - Nope.avi. I think a better color scheme would be nice. =P

Message me here, or you can reach me on the Wikia as Tnargraef.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Better Quality Pictures and more In-Depth and Organized Pages.

Working on it. We're trying to work on redoing the main page right now. I can only ask that some shutterbugs might come out with better photos if they can.

Polls. =D

We actually have quite a few polls around the wiki! There's a Warframe one, a sentinel one, a weapon one.

Nope.avi. I think a better color scheme would be nice. =P

Aside from stealing the theme from the main website, any that you'd like to suggest?

Working on it. We're trying to work on redoing the main page right now. I can only ask that some shutterbugs might come out with better photos if they can.

We actually have quite a few polls around the wiki! There's a Warframe one, a sentinel one, a weapon one.

Aside from stealing the theme from the main website, any that you'd like to suggest?

I'd say that the background looks fine as-is. It would be difficult to obtain professional-looking artwork beyond using quality fanart. 

One suggestion I have would be for the admins to PM the devs to get the actual stats for frames and weapons, so we don't have the infamous "?" for certain values (I'm looking at you, Banshee).

One suggestion I have would be for the admins to PM the devs to get the actual stats for frames and weapons, so we don't have the infamous "?" for certain values (I'm looking at you, Banshee).

Already working on that. It was sent a few hours ago actually.

I've heard a lot of issues about the www.wikia.com site, and a lot of good Wiki's from there had to move.

Does anyone else have a comment about www.wikia.com, or should the site stay where it is?

A lot of issues people tend to have are the ads and restrictions on modifying the right sidebar. Having a hosting service for an actual mediawiki that isn't done through wikia is possible, and provides more options to customization of the overall look of the website, but is not something I can do currently

Edited by Nehmetawy