Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Updating Warframe Wikia

Nehmetawy

One of the best things about about the Warframe Wikia thus far has been the tremendous amout of help that everyone is willing to put in. One of my current projects is getting the market pages on the wikia and then it will be working to keep them up to date.

I do have several questions if any of you can take the time to answer:

What do you think we need on the Wikia?

Are there any ideas you think would be cool to try and use on the Wikia?

Is there information you couldn't find on the Wikia?

Do you like the colors?

Message me here, or you can reach me on the Wikia as Tnargraef.

Thanks for your time in advance.

the wiki needs to die it has so many errors regarding weapons on it and stats. The devs need to put the weapons on the website and add the actual numbers. The problem with the wiki is anyone can change it making it a huge target for errors/trolls which happens quite often sad to say. The wiki can be good for strategies and mission description/walkthroughs though!

One of the best things about about the Warframe Wikia thus far has been the tremendous amout of help that everyone is willing to put in. One of my current projects is getting the market pages on the wikia and then it will be working to keep them up to date.

I do have several questions if any of you can take the time to answer:

What do you think we need on the Wikia?

Are there any ideas you think would be cool to try and use on the Wikia?

Is there information you couldn't find on the Wikia?

Do you like the colors?

Message me here, or you can reach me on the Wikia as Tnargraef.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Make a separate Armor Category which explains how it actually acts in the game.

Most ppl think Armor has an effect on the Shield... while it doesn't. You know. Info like these.

Currently the only way to get some sort of info about Armor is this:  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_Fiber

Edited by Sikab

The problem with determining some of these hidden damage formulas through testing are that they're... weird.

For example, Saryn's Contagion is now affected by Focus, but the math is bizarre. It works out to:

((1+%age of Contagion Rank * 1+%age of Focus mod)-1)*100% = %age of normal damage becomes poison damage added.

I generally use the wiki for theorycrafting, so misinformation can become a problem, especially with patches changing things. I'd love to see fully completed pages locked and updated from comments, or everything unlocked for a week after each patch, etc.

Also damage mechanics for each faction should be publically available. Not 100% sure this is still entirely correct, but the best resource I have at the moment is https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/5812-damage-shields-mods-enemies-and-you/. The mods stacking info in the beginning is all pre patch 7, but the armor and elemental reductions appear to still be correct.

Edit: This Thread is Better and Newer

Edited by Darzk

• 2 weeks later...

Setting up http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Armor'>Armor done for the moment.

There are several dozen people working through a lot of the damage sections. Thus far we have http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage'> the damage page and another page simply for elemental damage, and then several pages to explain each element in a bit more detail.

Reading over that page and working over the other pages is a bit tedious. I just finished up getting a build section for the user section of the wiki, so I do apologize on the lateness of the responses.