Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Feedback / Discussion

XxMAGGOTxX

Yes, I will keep making these posts until something is done because something needs to be done. And before you say that he doesn't need these, let me ask you, should we forsake three abilities for the sake of one? Frost has 1 defensive ability, the others are offensive. If that's the case, your precious Rhino is just a defensive frame with Iron Skin, or Nekros is offensive because of Soul Punch.

Well, where's his CC in Avalanche? Nova has better CC than him, and so does Vauban. For someone with ice abilities, he can't do anything related to the element. He can't de-buff, he can't CC and he certainly can't dish out any amount of damage. I've thought of some nice things to be added to his abilities just to finally get him on his feet and out of pressing 3 all day.

Freeze. Okay, it's alright now, but the damage is actually too high and still breaks with one hit. Once again, lower the damage, have all the enemies frozen stay inactive for a certain amount of time and not a certain amount of damage.

Ice Wave. This one is alright, would be better if it had knockdown as well as spread out in a cone. This would make it much more viable and fit in with CC more.

Snow Globe. Timer or health, not both. Also, on destruction, have a small blast that will deal a small amount of damage and freeze enemies for a brief period of time, or something similar. Either way, limit it's use to only 3 or 4 at a time and allow allies to shoot through it as well as our beloved Frosts. Oh an not to mention, maybe tone down the visual effects inside the globe? Kinda hard to see out of it at times. And just as another post had said (can't remember which) add cracks to show health and a shattering effect when the health has been fully depleted. 

Avalanche. Oh boy... This has been the bane of Frost's existence since day one. Not only can it do no damage, but it has literally no utility. There is no other reason to use it, unless your enemies are under level 32. Give it some massive CC potential, as well as those frozen extremely weak to cold attacks, as well as weak to normal attacks but not as weak. Also, when frozen, have them explode and damage nearby enemies and have a small chance to freeze them as well. The damage shouldn't be overpowered, but don't keep having the underpowered trend with Frost going. Also, maybe leave an aura of cold that procs enemies for a short period of time? Or alternatively, those who come out of being frozen, have them get a 100% cold proc for a little while, just to give the team some reprieve. Keep in mind, this is an ice themed frame. Ice is normally used in other games to not just deal massive damage, but wear down enemies and break down their defenses. EDIT: Also, maybe this should push enemies away a bit when they are relatively close to Frost. This could be used as an awesome area lock down, in combination with Ice Wave and Freeze if they were to implement this. 

Not to mention, his stats sure could use a polish up as well. They aren't up to date with current Warframes, and that should also be addressed. That only shows just how long it's been since anything has been done to him. He's too slow and he should have a bit more armor if you ask me. Of course there are more details, but I haven't really paid too much attention to the stats, my main concern has always been how he will scale with enemies and currently, he has no scaling. Most other frames have scaling, and yet they get buffs as well. What about our good ol' Frosty? 

I'm not out to take away his defensive abilities, but rather improve the other 3 he has. Frost is not fine where he is. Every frame can do what he does but better. So where does he come in? Been asking myself that question a lot lately. I've always loved ice themed characters and stuff in games, but this one... Oh boy this one. DE only did something to him twice, if you count the tiny little change they did to Freeze that actually doesn't make that much of a difference because it only deals small amount of damage instead of freezing nearby targets.

Don't sacrifice 3 abilities for just 1. Snow globe is good, so instead of leaving Frost as a walking nerf, buff his other 3 to be on the same level as Snow Globe. I'm not asking for damage, so this is not a case of me wanting him to be overpowered. I actually want him to stop being so underpowered.

Edited by XxMAGGOTxX

Overall, I agree with you. Once my Frost hit 30, I never used him outside of solo defense/mobile defense, and even then I would use a Disarm Loki or a Vauban if I thought I could get away with it. It would certainly be nice to see him have some use aside from being the snow globe creator. I especially like your suggestion for freeze; the frozen enemies really don't stay that way long enough to make the ability viable.
My one qualm with your suggestions is what you're saying about ice wave. I feel that the knockdown and the cone might be a little much. Maybe spread it in a cone and make the knockdown an ability augment, or vice-versa.

Edited by MrPie5

Yes DE really neglect frost since after the update 12. So please DE buff frost. He needs a lot of buffing, his freeze needs too just to lower the damage, leaves a trail of ice lowering its stats and enenmies frozen will be the same, for ice wave make it have knockbacks and if cast on air or near edge then it will fill up the space below for air making it like a large barricade and near edges it will make same as casting on air and maybe have some time to stay there to block enemies attack, as for the ultimate issue for SG it needs to remove the damn timer as there is health, make its max health to 5K instead of 3.5k, its range needs some increase to at least cover the power core make it to 6m or 7m, make it able to move the globe around by holding 3 to place or follow frost, make friendly fires go through the globe inside and outside and lastly, if the health id at 0 then enemies

inside and outside the globe will be dealt an expolosive ice damage or freeze them. Finally the 4th ability Avalache, change the name to blizzard cause I like that name of it, make it a 6s duartion freezing enenmies and damaging them does 5m away near the blizzard will be bring in with a cold strong wind something like vortex, after cast and some enmies surivive the attack then they will be dealt bonus ice damage and yes the stun too, Oh as for frost stats it need some changes too. Its armor need to be increase to 300 or 400 not like valkyr, but its for Snowglobe. So +1 to your thread, Frost needs it badly.

Edit: Btw I think frost prime needs a redesign, on him he needs more gold on him and maybe make his horn long and bright gold just like how loki prime got his long horns. So frost prime should have longer gold horns, horns like a rhino beetle.

Edited by Xtoxinkilla

Overall, I agree with you. Once my Frost hit 30, I never used him outside of solo defense/mobile defense, and even then I would use a Disarm Loki or a Vauban if I thought I could get away with it. It would certainly be nice to see him have some use aside from being the snow globe creator. I especially like your suggestion for freeze; the frozen enemies really don't stay that way long enough to make the ability viable.

My one qualm with your suggestions is what you're saying about ice wave. I feel that the knockdown and the cone might be a little much. Maybe spread it in a cone and make the knockdown an ability augment, or vice-versa.

As it is, Freeze keeps enemies held in place longer than Ice Wave by a large margin. Not only that, but it is a little too situational. It doesn't hit enough enemies for it to be truly viable. The reason why I suggested both is because instead of being a downgrade to Freeze, it would be somewhat of an upgrade. 

Instead of hitting 5 enemies max (in a crowd) it could potentially hit more. 4 seconds of cold proc isn't really that great compared to what, a 10 second Freeze or something like that. But I can certainly see where you are coming from.

Frost is not the only 1 that need some tweaking :/

At least he can survive using his SG

Lol that's all he can do though. Snow Globe is his only saving grace, and it was nerfed! That's pretty bad when a heavily nerfed ability is his best xD

I always though Ember was the neglected frame. But I still agree that Frost's abilities could use a tweak here and there to make him a bit more versatile outside of Defense missions. Enemies frozen solid by Freeze should take x2-4 damage from the next attack that hits them, the Ice Wave Impedance augment should be a default feature of the ability, and Avalanche should freeze enemies for a duration and possibly even cause them to detonate in an icy explosion if shot at or another enemy wanders to close, damaging them both.

Rhino's iron skin used to give 100% invincibility for X seconds. It was nerfed and DE made it take X damage for X seconds (sounds familiar). Rhino players didn't like it, so they got rid of the timer.

Frost's snow globe used to give 100% invincibility for X seconds too. It was nerfed and DE made it take X damage for X seconds. I'm starting to see a pattern, only with snow globe, DE didn't change it.

By the way, in my opinion Nekros is not an offensive warframe. Max range build for desecrate is essential for running survivals to get life support. Overextended increases range but decreases power strength, making soul punch tickle high level enemies and making shadows of the dead spawn roughly 5 enemies.

Edited by Shadowray

I have confidence that DE will have another look at frost with recent changes to balance him with a buff or two for the end game.

I'm not so sure.... It's been since update 12 and nothing has happened at all. That's almost 4 updates in total now, and nothing has happened to him. I think DE just doesn't want Frost to be useful ):< No I kid, but really, almost 4 updates in total and nothing has happened to him? Oberon got the most recent buff that I can recall and yet he has better everything compared to Frost.

Yes DE really neglect frost since after the update 12. So please DE buff frost. He needs a lot of buffing, his freeze needs too just to lower the damage, leaves a trail of ice lowering its stats and enenmies frozen will be the same, for ice wave make it have knockbacks and if cast on air or near edge then it will fill up the space below for air making it like a large barricade and near edges it will make same as casting on air and maybe have some time to stay there to block enemies attack, as for the ultimate issue for SG it needs to remove the damn timer as there is health, make its max health to 5K instead of 3.5k, its range needs some increase to at least cover the power core make it to 6m or 7m, make it able to move the globe around by holding 3 to place or follow frost, make friendly fires go through the globe inside and outside and lastly, if the health id at 0 then enemies

inside and outside the globe will be dealt an expolosive ice damage or freeze them. Finally the 4th ability Avalache, change the name to blizzard cause I like that name of it, make it a 6s duartion freezing enenmies and damaging them does 5m away near the blizzard will be bring in with a cold strong wind something like vortex, after cast and some enmies surivive the attack then they will be dealt bonus ice damage and yes the stun too, Oh as for frost stats it need some changes too. Its armor need to be increase to 300 or 400 not like valkyr, but its for Snowglobe. So +1 to your thread, Frost needs it badly.

Thank you, you gave me a couple ideas to to implement as well!

I always though Ember was the neglected frame. But I still agree that Frost's abilities could use a tweak here and there to make him a bit more versatile outside of Defense missions. Enemies frozen solid by Freeze should take x2-4 damage from the next attack that hits them, the Ice Wave Impedance augment should be a default feature of the ability, and Avalanche should freeze enemies for a duration and possibly even cause them to detonate in an icy explosion if shot at or another enemy wanders to close, damaging them both.

+1, adding your Avalanche suggestion.

I think Frost's abilities are mostly fine, but Freeze Ray could explode for a larger radius. Also, it would be nice to see a cold status slow after Avalanche.

Not really. I use him most of the time and he's out-classed by Ember. Ember is more useful than Frost. Same with Volt. Let that just sink in for a minute.

Rhino's iron skin used to give 100% invincibility for X seconds. It was nerfed and DE made it take X damage for X seconds (sounds familiar). Rhino players didn't like it, so they got rid of the timer.

Frost's snow globe used to give 100% invincibility for X seconds too. It was nerfed and DE made it take X damage for X seconds. I'm starting to see a pattern, only with snow globe DE didn't change it.

They sorely need to revamp Frost, end of story. All these other frames getting love from DE, yet Frost is literally left out in the cold.

ember the neglected frame*

Ember has gotten more attention than Frost and is still more useful than Frost. So to correct your post,

Frost, the Neglected Frame*

It's a common mistake bud, nobody really plays Frost anymore anyways because of the reasons I stated anyways. 

Well, where's his CC in Avalanche? Nova has better CC than him, and so does Vauban. For someone with ice abilities, he can't do anything related to the element. He can't de-buff, he can't CC and he certainly can't dish out any amount of damage. I've thought of some nice things to be added to his abilities just to finally get him on his feet and out of pressing 3 all day.

It's kind of clear that you are not a active frost player..

His one gives a freeze to a target which scales with duration, with an augment to change him into a enhancer which scales with strength to boost a ally with Cold damage, his element.

His two gives a 100% proc of Cold, his element, which lasts for several seconds. He also has a augment which scales with duration builds to have a static Cold Proc, his element, area similar to several Void Tower traps.

His three.. Noone question's its god hood.

His four is lack luster in CC, I will agree, but it does as more damage than Excalibur's 4, +60% more damage in fact, at the cost of 65% ability range. I would like to see an Augment which gives it a Cold Proc, his element.

Ember is just as bad, or worse. Frost has Snow Globe, but Ember's good ability was removed outright. Ouch.

Trinity hasn't really been getting anything aside from nerfs.

Nekros is forever stuck with only one ability anyone lets him use.

Nobody even cares about or mentions Hydroid, and his abilities are kinda "meh".

I won't deny Frost needs buffs, but don't pretend like he's the only one.

His one gives a freeze to a target which scales with duration, with an augment to change him into a enhancer which scales with strength to boost a ally with Cold damage, his element.

His two gives a 100% proc of Cold, his element, which lasts for several seconds. He also has a augment which scales with duration builds to have a static Cold Proc, his element, area similar to several Void Tower traps.

His four is lack luster in CC, I will agree, but it does as more damage than Excalibur's 4, +60% more damage in fact, at the cost of 65% ability range. I would like to see an Augment which gives it a Cold Proc, his element.

Kindly check my in game profile to see how much I've used Frost. It's quite clear that I'm more than just an active Frost player. He's my main. 

Now about that augment.... If a frame needs an augment to be viable, DE reaaaaaaally needs to look at said frame. Augments are not the solution to this, buffs are.

Ember has gotten more attention than Frost and is still more useful than Frost. So to correct your post,

Frost, the Neglected Frame*

It's a common mistake bud, nobody really plays Frost anymore anyways because of the reasons I stated anyways. 

Except Ember is the worse frame. SG makes Frost useful in any tier of D or MD. Ember's damage isn't much better than frosts, and she has worse cc, so once damage falls of she's almost completely useless. She's squishy to boot.

Avalanche. Return it to it's old freeze duration, more or less, except scaling 'properly' off of duration instead of the wonky bug with how more range gave you more freeze.

Ember is just as bad, or worse. Frost has Snow Globe, but Ember's good ability was removed outright. Ouch.

Trinity hasn't really been getting anything aside from nerfs.

Nekros is forever stuck with only one ability anyone lets him use.

Nobody even cares about or mentions Hydroid, and his abilities are kinda "meh".

I won't deny Frost needs buffs, but don't pretend like he's the only one.

I'm not pretending he's the only one, but in my opinon, he needs it the most right now. After almost 4 updates, all these other frames have been getting buffs and tweaks. No one even plays or mentions Frost anymore. He's just kinda dead. DE started buffing him, I think they should finish what they started. All the above frames are better than Frost in some ways, not so much in others I will admit. Nekros has a 4 that's better than Frost's. And Hydroid? Pretty much a direct upgrade to Frost really.

Except Ember is the worse frame. SG makes Frost useful in any tier of D or MD. Ember's damage isn't much better than frosts, and she has worse cc, so once damage falls of she's almost completely useless. She's squishy to boot.

Avalanche. Return it to it's old freeze duration, more or less, except scaling 'properly' off of duration instead of the wonky bug with how more range gave you more freeze.

Frost may not be squishy, but Snow Globe isn't too useful either. It's got health AND a timer, and neither are good. It's good for reviving a player when damage abilities fall off, and that's it. It usually dies after 17 seconds of usage for me, and I'm running full power build just to try and make the underpoweredness hurt less.

Ability 1: Mediocre damage. Might set a target on fire for lame-&amp;#&#33; CC. Has travel time.

Ability 2: Momentary stun. Heat damage is functionally useless in current game, Corrosive is better against most Infested. Poor status weapons. And poor Ember.

Ability 3: A bit like Snow Globe, only less useful in Defense missions. Or in general. Minimal CC, low damage because enemies use bullets.

Ability 4: Does drawn-out damage. Requires you to be near enemies, which is a bad idea for such a squishy frame.

I'm just saying, Ember needs it worse. Don't pretend otherwise just because you main Frost.

1) Breaks the moment an enemy takes any decent amount of damage from any source. It is useful in Solo, but nearly worthless otherwise.

2) This would be fine if the augment was part of it by default. They took a popular suggestion for making it a decent ability and made that into an augment. The addition of it actually made me mad because that showed that they do read the suggestions to making Frost good, but they don't act on them.

3) Quite solid. The timer actually makes sense because it is an anti-trolling element.

4) Really awful. Compare it to Rhino:

1/16th of the CC

3/5ths the range

Worse damage within 10m

Edited by egregiousRac

Kindly check my in game profile to see how much I've used Frost. It's quite clear that I'm more than just an active Frost player. He's my main. 

Now about that augment.... If a frame needs an augment to be viable, DE reaaaaaaally needs to look at said frame. Augments are not the solution to this, buffs are.

Sorry, I see you are a 'active' Frost player, but not a 'attentive' one. The 'facts' you offered were all largely incorrect or flatly false.

You haven't said a single point that I offered was incorrect. It is clear you are rather out of touch with Frost. For crying out loud, how can you call his Ultimate Weak when the only one that does more damage is Ash?

I'm not pretending he's the only one, but in my opinon, he needs it the most right now. After almost 4 updates, all these other frames have been getting buffs and tweaks. No one even plays or mentions Frost anymore. He's just kinda dead. DE started buffing him, I think they should finish what they started. All the above frames are better than Frost in some ways, not so much in others I will admit. Nekros has a 4 that's better than Frost's. And Hydroid? Pretty much a direct upgrade to Frost really.

i see him used all the time in defense

ember?

i see her used never

Sorry, I see you are a 'active' Frost player, but not a 'attentive' one. The 'facts' you offered were all largely incorrect or flatly false.

You haven't said a single point that I offered was incorrect. It is clear you are rather out of touch with Frost. For crying out loud, how can you call his Ultimate Weak when the only one that does more damage is Ash?

Damage falls off after enemies get to level 32, give or take. I use Frost waaaaaay more than you do. So yeah, I am attentative. Stop focusing so much on damage and think about the bigger picture here. What if Rhino had no CC on his Stomp? Don't worry, I'll wait. Yeah, exactly like Frost is. And actually, it is quite clear you are out of touch with Frost. My experience with him is roughly 2.5 times more than yours, so maybe you should get back in touch with ol' Frosty. After I've proved you wrong with that one, you bring other points in. It's not like I'm asking him to do as much damage as Nova. I'm asking him to have CC. That's it. That's all I'm asking. Don't get the big point here. Rhino's 4 deals less damage than Frost's, but come on. Who concentrates on damage for abilities anymore? The reason Rhino's 4 is better than Frost's is once again, CC. 

i see him used all the time in defense

ember?

i see her used never

I've actually seen her more than Frost... Maybe it's just me, but wow am I excited when I see a fellow Frost.