Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Feedback / Discussion

XxMAGGOTxX

Ability 1: Mediocre damage. Might set a target on fire for lame-! CC. Has travel time.

Ability 2: Momentary stun. Heat damage is functionally useless in current game, Corrosive is better against most Infested. Poor status weapons. And poor Ember.

Ability 3: A bit like Snow Globe, only less useful in Defense missions. Or in general. Minimal CC, low damage because enemies use bullets.

Ability 4: Does drawn-out damage. Requires you to be near enemies, which is a bad idea for such a squishy frame.

I'm just saying, Ember needs it worse. Don't pretend otherwise just because you main Frost.

I'm not pretending anything man. I'm just saying DE needs to finish what they started with Frost after almost 4 entire updates.

Damage falls off after enemies get to level 32, give or take.

If you don't mod for anything yes.. Though if you mod for it you can kill much greater. There are reasons some focus on abilities for certain high leveled interception missions with endless spawns that are 40+

What if Rhino had no CC on his Stomp? Don't worry, I'll wait. Yeah, exactly like Frost is.

You mean Stomp Build Rhinos who focus on the damage?

And actually, it is quite clear you are out of touch with Frost. My experience with him is roughly 2.5 times more than yours, so maybe you should get back in touch with ol' Frosty.

That's interesting, because even though you use him more than me you don't know how the mechanics of Frost works and are giving out false information.. Oh my.

It's not like I'm asking him to do as much damage as Nova.

Nova's Ultimate is CC and damage boost, it isn't about direct damage done.. Why are you comparing it to her? Why not compare it to anyone else who has a straight forward Ulti?

I'm asking him to have CC. That's it. That's all I'm asking.

Then it should cost him something.

Who concentrates on damage for abilities anymore?

Everyone who doesn't run 50m+/Wave 50+ T3/T4 missions?

Edited by Makya

If you don't mod for anything yes.. Though if you mod for it you can kill much greater. There are reasons some focus on abilities for certain high leveled interception missions with endless spawns that are 40+

You mean Stomp Build Rhinos who focus on the damage?

That's interesting, because even though you use him more than me you don't know how the mechanics of Frost works and are giving out false information.. Oh my.

Nova's Ultimate is CC and damage boost, it isn't about direct damage done.. Why are you comparing it to her? Why not compare it to anyone else who has a straight forward Ulti?

Then it should cost him something.

Everyone who doesn't run 50m+/Wave 50+ T3/T4 missions?

I run 30 minute or less Survival, and 30 or less waves of Defense. False information? LOLk. And my build? focused mainly on power. So that's false information bud. Oh my! Then if Rhino, Vauban and the others have CC, it should cost them too, because they are far more useful than Frost. Sorry man, but your points are invalid. My bad, wasn't aware Nova wasn't a walking nuke anymore. You are looking at things on paper regarding Frost, not in reality. In reality, he's still just a 3 spammer. That's all he will be until he gets CC. And if it's false information, why are you the minority in this thread? 

Man my head hurts, can't believe someone would flat out deny CC on an ICE THEMED frame. Oh boy.

I run 30 minute or less Survival, and 30 or less waves of Defense.

And my build? focused mainly on power. 

Then your Ultimate should kill everything you use it on. If it isn't you're clearly doing something wrong here. You don't need the extra CC if they are dead.

Then if Rhino, Vauban and the others have CC, it should cost them too

Stomp does 50% the damage and Vauban does what 25% the damage?  It does cost them.

You are looking at things on paper regarding Frost, not in reality. In reality, he's still just a 3 spammer.

Because people only /want/ to use him that way. He's a good 4 spammer too.

That's all he will be until he gets CC.

You mean his 1 and 2?

And if it's false information, why are you the minority in this thread? 

Truth Hurts.

Man my head hurts, can't believe someone would flat out deny CC on an ICE THEMED frame. Oh boy.

The fact you don't see he has CC and claim he doesn't have any amuses me greatly.

Then your Ultimate should kill everything you use it on. If it isn't you're clearly doing something wrong here. You don't need the extra CC if they are dead.

Stomp does 50% the damage and Vauban does what 25% the damage?  It does cost them.

Because people only /want/ to use him that way. He's a good 4 spammer too.

You mean his 1 and 2?

Truth Hurts.

The fact you don't see he has CC and claim he doesn't have any amuses me greatly.

Lol the fact that you can't see the so called "painful truth" amuses me greatly. All you're doing is turning my thread into a flamewar xD Look at your post, then at mine and all the people who agree with me. Sorry bud, but Frost really is underpowered. Oh and btw, maxed intensify, and since you said that I'm doing something wrong, I'm slapping on Blind Rage. If I need to use a corrupted mod to make use of his powers, that's pretty bad. IF and only IF he's a damage dealer, I shouldn't need a corrupted mod. Sorry man, all the facts point straight to you giving false information. Better luck next time.

Lol I agree he my favorite frame!

Yeah, mine too. I've always been in love with ice themed characters, simply because they are cool. But Frost? Well, he needs to go to the gym a little bit.

I always thought it'd be interesting if Frost's Freeze could leave behind streaks of ice, allowing Tenno that slide across to get speed-boosted and being able to cause enemies that walk across it to slip and fall. It's both Defensive and Supportive, and makes up for his slow speed.

Knockdown on Ice Wave would be nice.

I don't know if Snow Globe would need a rework, but at times it doesn't feel optimal in its implementation. It's Health vs Timer things is similar to Loki's decoy; we hope DE will pick one or the other.

Avalanche is weird because it's in the same pool as Banshee's Sound-Quake and Rhino's Stomp; it's supposed to do damage and pin enemies down. However, unlike the other two, it doesn't seem to have a point; Sound-Quake and Stomp both last longer, especially Sound-Quake, and Stomp does more damage and has greater range. I think it needs a complete from-the-ground-up overhaul.

However, I'd be just happy if DE took a second look at him and gave him a reason to be in the game.

Edited by Krion112

I always thought it'd be interesting if Frost's Freeze could leave behind streaks of ice, allowing Tenno that slide across to get speed-boosted and being able to cause enemies that walk across it to slip and fall. It's both Defensive and Supportive, and makes up for his slow speed.

Knockdown on Ice Wave would be nice.

I don't know if Snow Globe would need a rework, but at times it doesn't feel optimal in its implementation. It's Health vs Timer things is similar to Loki's decoy; we hope DE will pick one or the other.

Avalanche is weird because it's in the same pool as Banshee's Sound-Quake and Rhino's Stomp; it's supposed to do damage and pin enemies down. However, unlike the other two, it doesn't seem to have a point; Sound-Quake and Stomp both last longer, especially Sound-Quake, and Stomp does more damage and has greater range. I think it needs a complete from-the-ground-up overhaul.

However, I'd be just happy if DE took a second look at him and gave him a reason to be in the game.

Thank you so much, it's nice to see more people wanting him to be on other frames levels. Really is refreshing. He is in dire need of some buffs, that's for sure.

1.)  Should have a GUARANTEED slow proc in the AOE, and make enemies vulnerable to cold damage for a while.

2.)  Should combine the functionality of Banshee's Sonic Boom (pushes and ragdolls enemies in a large cone), with the functionality of the augment (leaves behind ice that slows enemies who walk on it)

3.) Is fine.

4.) Replace with Blizzard.  PBAOE follows Frost for a duration.  Enemies within the Blizzard have reduced attack radius and accuracy from snow blindness, and take increased damage from Cold.

And while we're at it, since apparently DE is thinking about passive abilities, Frost should have a 25% chance to add a Cold proc whenever his weapons proc a status other than Cold.

Edited by Momaw

Finally! Someone gets it! +1 OP! Frosty Boy and Ember need some serious buffs! I made a post a while back about the changes for him, most of what we thought of was the same.  I do hope DE continues to read these and see that we want some reworks and buffs for Frost, and many other frames as well.

He's been left in an awkward spot, and lets hope they buff him to change that.

yer frost still needs tweaking

1. no damage and freeze all targets within the time, make it hit scan or travel faster

2. cone effect with a knockdown if not make it so range mods effect the width and length, I still belive that new augment should have been an inate ability

3. take out the duration and limit to 3-4 globes at a time. stops all aoe attacks going through. possible when it breaks by damage not by the timer it slows/freezes or knocksdown all targets in a certain radius.

4.freeze all targets at the start and leaves an aura of slowing cold after the freeze

Finally! Someone gets it! +1 OP! Frosty Boy and Ember need some serious buffs! I made a post a while back about the changes for him, most of what we thought of was the same.  I do hope DE continues to read these and see that we want some reworks and buffs for Frost, and many other frames as well.

He's been left in an awkward spot, and lets hope they buff him to change that.

He really has been, for the longest time. I will keep making these posts until something is done. I need this thread to gain as much traffic as possible, I need DE to really see just how Frost is.

yer frost still needs tweaking

1. no damage and freeze all targets within the time, make it hit scan or travel faster

2. cone effect with a knockdown if not make it so range mods effect the width and length, I still belive that new augment should have been an inate ability

3. take out the duration and limit to 3-4 globes at a time. stops all aoe attacks going through. possible when it breaks by damage not by the timer it slows/freezes or knocksdown all targets in a certain radius.

4.freeze all targets at the start and leaves an aura of slowing cold after the freeze

+1 I'm adding some things to my original post, thank you (:

Ember is without question the frame that needs the most improvement, behind Hydroid, Oberon, and Nekros. Her only useful ability late-game is accelerant. And not even for the damage. She has NO 100% procs for any of her powers, no joke. She doesn't work in support, defense, or even offense in late-game. Frost still can help his team and play a solid defense.

But, Frost. His first ability is oddly more useful then his second ability. Taking a key target out of commission can give your team precious time to recuperate and cause some major damage. My only complaint about it is that it could be a faster projectile. Ice wave, even with Its' 100% proc, moves too slowly and has too little of a range to be a viable option for crowd control. More situational, really. Needs improvements.

Snow Globe is, without a doubt, the crop la' creme of defense. Not much more really needs to be said about it. It completely overshadows Avalanche. And speaking of which, Avalanche is complete crap. It would be more useful if the enemies STAYED frozen. It would be more useful if the casting time wasn't more then a second. It would be more useful if you actually had invincibility frames during casting. I could go on, but in short, needs improvements.

Don't worry, though. DE supposedly has a list of frames they're going to improve, one by one. (they claimed this during the great excal radial blind nerf uproar, but I can't find it for some reason.) With this as feedback, they'll likely take improvements into consideration when they get to frost.

Ember is without question the frame that needs the most improvement, behind Hydroid, Oberon, and Nekros. Her only useful ability late-game is accelerant. And not even for the damage. She has NO 100% procs for any of her powers, no joke. She doesn't work in support, defense, or even offense in late-game. Frost still can help his team and play a solid defense.

But, Frost. His first ability is oddly more useful then his second ability. Taking a key target out of commission can give your team precious time to recuperate and cause some major damage. My only complaint about it is that it could be a faster projectile. Ice wave, even with Its' 100% proc, moves too slowly and has too little of a range to be a viable option for crowd control. More situational, really. Needs improvements.

Snow Globe is, without a doubt, the crop la' creme of defense. Not much more really needs to be said about it. It completely overshadows Avalanche. And speaking of which, Avalanche is complete crap. It would be more useful if the enemies STAYED frozen. It would be more useful if the casting time wasn't more then a second. It would be more useful if you actually had invincibility frames during casting. I could go on, but in short, needs improvements.

Don't worry, though. DE supposedly has a list of frames they're going to improve, one by one. (they claimed this during the great excal radial blind nerf uproar, but I can't find it for some reason.) With this as feedback, they'll likely take improvements into consideration when they get to frost.

I hope they get to him soon... Been 8 months since they did anything to him worth noting. The recent Freeze change didn't do anything really. It took them 8 months, to do that xD I love DE, I really do, but this is just a little sad if you ask me.

I hope they get to him soon... Been 8 months since they did anything to him worth noting. The recent Freeze change didn't do anything really. It took them 8 months, to do that xD I love DE, I really do, but this is just a little sad if you ask me.

I take sanction in the fact that they are, in fact, listening, they do care, and they will, if not are, working on frame improvements already. I believe that little additions like that tiny AOE freeze change just remind us that they're doing something.

I take sanction in the fact that they are, in fact, listening, they do care, and they will, if not are, working on frame improvements already. I believe that little additions like that tiny AOE freeze change just remind us that they're doing something.

I understand, and I have the utmost respect for DE, I really do. I buy plat not for the game, but for them. I actually horde plat xD But yeah, I know they listen, it's just taking a looooot longer than I feel it should. 8 months for one AOE that doesn't do much isn't exactly what I had in mind.

The Ice Wave augment tells me that they listen, but they don't understand. The community says "Frost needs some buffs! Give Ice Wave a lasting slowing field!" and DE goes "Oooh, cool idea for an augment."

Augments are for cool extra effects, not for much-needed buffs.

The Ice Wave augment tells me that they listen, but they don't understand. The community says "Frost needs some buffs! Give Ice Wave a lasting slowing field!" and DE goes "Oooh, cool idea for an augment."

Augments are for cool extra effects, not for much-needed buffs.

Yes, and if they need passives in the form of mod cards, it's just warframe abilities all over again.

I'd just like to say that there should be a way to refresh the timer and health of an existing bubble without casting another bubble. Like holding "3" will refresh the timer and health while consuming the appropriate amount of energy without having another annoying bubble that further clouds your vision. I also think there should be something done about the visual effects -- they're way too blinding. Even with black energy it's still extremely annoying.

If there's going to be health and a timer for his bubble, then there needs to be a health bar and a timer.

Ember has gotten more attention than Frost and is still more useful than Frost. So to correct your post,

Frost, the Neglected Frame*

It's a common mistake bud, nobody really plays Frost anymore anyways because of the reasons I stated anyways. 

Uhhh I do.

Then again presumptuous threads laced with opinions presented as facts is standard forum fare.