The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Chat Only Works When I Route Thru The Netherlands

Inez

I've been playing a lil over 2 months, about to hit rank 8, and chat has never worked for me.  Not group or region chat.  

Just now I started up Warframe while still logged into my VPN, and lo and behold, chat is now working just fine.  Normally you don't wanna play online games thru a VPN.  The lag isn't very nice and many games, seeing a foreign ip addy, lock your account.

This has nothing to do with ports.  I manually forwarded them a long time ago just to be sure.  I also play tons of online games, many of which required me to open ports.

So I can chat now in games, but needless to say the lag is horrible.  I always wondered if people cry and moan about the lag in party chat, and yup, it turns out they do!

If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to suggestions.  My plan is to turn off the VPN and just keep playing without chat.  Don't wanna ruin everyone's game.

I'm in Houston, Texas on ATT Uverse.  You would think that being from a major isp from a major metropolitan area, if i was having this problem, so would other people.  But I've searched the forums multiple times and found nothing.

Also, for the record, I have no security software running.  I've even tried disabling windows firewall.

Edited by Inez

I'm in Houston, Texas on ATT Uverse.  You would think that being from a major isp from a major metropolitan area, if i was having this problem, so would other people.  But I've searched the forums multiple times and found nothing.

I was hoping you were going going to say something like Swazliand.

I'm sure you can be trusted to forward properly, but have you tried connecting directly to your modem and playing?

Uverse uses a combo router/modem.  No plug straight into the wall option for me.

If ports were the problem, I don't think running thru a VPN would make any difference.  I could be wrong though.  And I have to admit that I've never tried the DMZ host option in my router.  But I've never needed it for any other game.  I'll try it here in a bit.

And I've played plenty of games that require you to open ports (to host) just fine.  Going all the way back to Age of Empires 2 back in 2000.  More recently, titles such as Borderlands 1 and Terraria I've had to open ports to host.