The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuff You Thought As A Noob

xkillo32

I thought that you took fall damage, so i never jumped over things and always ran everywhere.....man, that took so much longer.

I was confused how damage worked before 2.0 and i just used to match the mod pictures with the faction i was fighting. Like..piercing shot...

haha 2nd one is hilarious i did same thing

Realizing that you could right-click the tiles in the Corpus hacking game to spin them the other way.

Blew me out of the water.

You serious?OMG Im MR7 and its the first time im hearing it.

I also thought elementals were useless.Also i found the effect of flow at mr5.

When loki was a starter frame i blamed myself for choosing it then soldnit.My biggest regret.Now trying to get loki prime.I also found out we can block bullets with melees on mr5.

Edited by bodyguard121

I thought the game was cheating at one point (Cicero Crisis had a node on Earth that i couldn't get past because i was too low level.) I think it was my first post on the forums actually

I confused Credits with Platinum and thought i was rich

I spent my starter plat on Potato'n my Braton, Lato, and Strun. 

I thought the Void was a single person only place to test your skills

I thought the Lotus was evil'

I thought a Rank 1 Serration was super strong.

I thought the Karak was the best weapon in the game

I thought Excal was the best frame because he was the posterboy

I thought this game was P2W until i discovered you could buy blueprints and make weapons

i thought Forma'n your weapons without adding mods made them stronger

I thought the only way to upgrade mods was to use fusion cores (I was so happy to use all my duplicates to get my Serration to R10)

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

I had no idea wtf those white orbs did.

I didn't get how energy worked for the first ten minutes of the game. So I kept spamming my '1' key to try and fry my foes with blazing lightning. And nothing happened.

I didn't get how mastery tests worked, so I ended up failing the first mastery test three times in a row.

I thought 5k creds was a nice sum, up until I looked at the market.

I had no idea how to sprint, or crouch. I completely forgot how my keys were bound, immediately after Lotus explained everything.

I didn't know how to open up the options menu to change key bindings for the first hour and a half of play. Then I figured it out and promptly felt silly.

I've come a long way since I started playing this game.

Edited by AsCaLus

New me:  These friggin Kubrows are OP....  Current me:  Why are these feral Kubrows so OP?  DE's making new players start on Earth with these monsters and the Helions to boot?

A week after joining:  What's this zero by my icon?

Man, Radial Blind sucks...  (pre nerf)  (I came to the light before the glorious skill was nerfed, worry not!)

Rhino is awesome.

Oh my god!  MY SWORD CAN GLOW!

When I first got Scindo with Cleaving Whirlwind:  This stance is amazing!  Me now:  This stance is amazing!

Experiencing the angstrum:  These reactive cover pillars....  why just why.

Edited by Xeo_Nespydonum

Thought Dex Furis was the greatest weapon farmed vor a lot for Seer.

(After this Took me a month to notice that Dex Furis already had a  potato and that was why it was stronger than most of my weapons)

Got a message from stalker, "meh whatever" (had no idea what it meant)

Started exploring the universe with my lvl 30 excalibur feeling like a king after surviving a 30min apollodorus, " I'm so ready to conquer this world"

(still didn't have very many mods)

First Node on Earth, I see stalker start talking to me, He poofs in and kills me in 1 hit, I was afraid to revive and aborted the mission, because I wasn't sure if revives replenished daily and if he was still waiting for me.

I thought

- we would have to use platinum to get anything but the very basic weapons (lato, ...)

- mod drops were pretty rare (playing with my buddy, we always told each other where each mod had dropped)

- melee prowess and sure shot were useful

- ability mod slot positions would affect which direction you'd need to swipe to activate them

- up until 5 minutes ago, that you could only spin hacking game tiles clockwise. Wow (MR 14).

Lol. YES!

I was fusing duplicates around R3, and then I realized, "what, I'm doing fusion, right? And these are "Fusion" cores? And these work better!? What the..."

R3?

I thought that I need fusion cores only to start a fusion (I did not think that I can use them to fuse xD ) until R8!

Than I realized that I had 2500 uncommon, 1000 common and 250 rare fusion cores and I had to laugh because I finally knew how the hell everyone was able to build maxed mods ... :-)

Edited by Feyangol