The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Basic Damage Mods Should Be Half Energy Cost Instead Of Double Damage

Unknown924

Ignoring the issue of shotgun balance, Primed Point Blank sets a terrible precedent.  Just think of what would happen if rifles or pistols got a primed version of their damage mods.  Primed basic damage mods with double damage would only make the balance issues Warframe has even worse and harder to resolve.

However, Primed mods should be better than the original in some way.  I feel that instead of adding damage, Primed basic damage mods should have reduced energy cost to use.  This would make them a superior choice without causing major balance issues.

A 50% reduction in energy cost would leave Primed basic damage mods very valuable without adding additional damage.  Instead it would be like having a free forma when you put it on a weapon.  I suspect that having to forma weapons one less time would be very well received by the players with the ability to buy and max a Primed basic damage mod.

If this idea is combined with giving normal Point Blank 10 ranks, I feel it would leave both Point Blank mods in a very good situation.  I for one would be very happy with a half cost 10 rank shotgun damage mod.

I disagree. That shifts the ficus from a late game mod to an early game mod. Less forma to reach your power curve. I'd rather see it the way it is now, where if you wanna load up on primed mods, you're gonna bleed forma. That's just what you do for a progression type game.

If this idea is combined with giving normal Point Blank 10 ranks, I feel it would leave both Point Blank mods in a very good situation.  I for one would be very happy with a half cost 10 rank shotgun damage mod.

As much as I hate the current primed mods, especially Primed Point Blank as I feel that the basic version should've been 165% like Serration, 50% reduction in energy cost is effin useless.

Just think about it. I would rather choose to max normal point blank at 14 energy cost (uncommon rarity) AND put an additional forma on my weapon compared to maxing a primed point blank at 7 energy cost (legendary rarity).

Rifle and Pistol already have damage mods at rank 10.

and the data mine they did in the warframes files dont show any primed damage mod but the shotgun.

primed for rifle and pistol is very unlikely

Edited by KazurBR

I don´t think Hornet strike or Serration to get a primed version but maybe the multihot riffle and pistol mods yes, that would make sense because they aren´t hard to upgrade like the pure damage mods.

And maybe crit chance and damage mods also can be primed and open a new level in builds for endgame in crit weapons like the Soma or the Sybaris.