The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Guys Miss In The Old Warframe World?

zavienh5

I really, really, REALLY miss the old Warframe.

Remember when we were actually ninjas, reminiscent of ninjutsu, the art of stealth and sabotage?

Now we're a bunch of clowns wearing top hats and cowboy pants.

Remember when you actually felt like a hunter? Like a powerful entity, possessing unmatched skill? 

The aesthetics, the grim theme, the enemy personality......I really miss those things.

Ah yes I remember being an unmatched skilled killer quite well, it was yesterday when I played the game.

oXijJkB.jpg

The solar system map... it looked like a solar system rather than this stupid circular thing we have now.  Both are equally functional, but I substantially enjoyed the old one much more than what we have now as it doesn't feel like a solar system at all.

k9bSlMy.jpg

The planetary map... now this (to me) is so far superior to what we have now that I don't honestly understand how we got here.  The mission loadout now requires scrolling around the planet to see what missions you're looking for since they're not on a flat plane.  If you use the scroll wheel and move your mouse left of center it scrolls the opposite way than if you have it on the right... this is horrendously stupid.  It's also nowhere near as easy to make out the static over a mission you haven't done rather than just a very obvious color coding.

The last thing with regards to ui is the stupidity of having to hit esc to get to the menus where you can do almost everything because there is no alternative.  I like the idea of the interactive ui, however I can't accept an invite to group or mission without hitting esc.  This is absolutely absurd given the amount of great work they've done otherwise.

Last but not least is about melee... I had taken about a year break before coming to play more and during that time I knew melee 2.0 had hit.  Imagine my surprise when it turns out you cannot use melee 2.0 unless you switch to your melee weapon.  I understand giving an advantage to melee weapon only, but isn't that what charging it is for... it seems a little sloppy that you equip stances (some of which are a giant pain in the ! to get, but that's a whole other problem) but can't use them unless you only have the melee weapon out.

Agree, i hate the liset. It doesnt even make navigating throu ur tabs any faster, and the close up on ur frame blocks so much of ur view. As for the starchart, i do miss the dioramas. Void tables, can i not have 1 crappy core as part of the drop list for t1-t3? Melee 2.0 they couldve just made stance without having to switch into melee and map channeling to another key. Everything else im happy that they changed.

Old Star chart was pretty sick, and charged melee attacks is a given. Oh, and I miss Argon Crystals not existing and RNG not being total s@!%. I also missed the impact that you felt with melee attacks, however I guess it would be a bit too jumbled now with how fast melee is with the stance system. Other than that everything else generally got better over time.

I miss the galaxy map and the original kick &#! design of the warframes. Now days all the warframes became weird. I would want to see more warframes like the original 4: Excalibur, Loki, Mag, Rhino. And now we have warframes like Limbo and Mirage, Mesa. I look at them and the only thing I can say is lol.

Agree, i hate the liset. It doesnt even make navigating throu ur tabs any faster, and the close up on ur frame blocks so much of ur view. As for the starchart, i do miss the dioramas. Void tables, can i not have 1 crappy core as part of the drop list for t1-t3? Melee 2.0 they couldve just made stance without having to switch into melee and map channeling to another key. Everything else im happy that they changed.

it feels like it takes forever to get from navigation to arsenal...

i missed the old main menu, where you don't have to run around from the front of your ship to the end of your ship just to change your loadout/modding.... and Ohhh, the charge attacks too, not sure why all the sweaty tryhard players hate it so much like they killed their family.

^

big +1 for the old starmap. i don't see any problem with compatibility to liset, acticvate console->camera rotation->old star map. please make it an option, like "pc style-"/"console style starmap". please. also totally agree with the old nodes you had a sense of progression and direction which you don't have now. i'm glad i finished the star system before u14. are you even able to chose routes now (sorry wouldn't know)? ...

also (i know it's superficial but) i don't really get the redesign of the logo (i'm a graphic designer myself, for what it's worth)... the usual evolutionary tendency is towards more simplicity while holding core characteristics for more poignancy, in this case ornamental details (serifs) were actually added just for the sake of doing so, or so it seems to me at least. sorry. to top it off that weird lotus symbol with added angles, why? that's not how it appears ingame, it looked good before, just why?! the overall new "bright" look is ... different, but ok.

on the whole to me the game is getting better and more fleshed out though, not much nostalgia going on. there might be some strange sidesteps here and there but i'm optimistic.

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

It really chips me out how the enemies just die from your melee like they passed out when they saw the Skana.....

You must be smacking grineer with a rubber baton because everything I shoot or cut has been reduced to into, at the least' two parts. I'm talking holes being punched 8n guts. Missing arms. Torso split from legs. Right and left sides seperated.

Lighting wise I'm fine with. Lets me see all the details I had missed. Visuals aren't really want sells me on tone, the lore does that.

One thing I do miss is some of the old sounds. Really liked the drums playing more often. Oh and the mission intro thing where you saw you and team in action poses.

there are 3 things i miss. or at least preferred.

Old Mission chart. gave me a feel of Progress.

The Mission Screen, I loved seeing these screens. why were they Removed? i want to see my group attacking a core, or cornering a Target!

The codex entry of Past Events.

what?

Its some quote that the pre U10 grineer said before they got their own grineer language... 

quotes like... 

"I think we got them surrounded" while being the only guy left in the mission...

or "Stick close to the walls" or even "Hey! Leave my mother out of this"..

Man i starting to feel nostalgic for the pre-U10 grineer that speaks fluent english instead of the grineer that yells "GIT CLEM" now...

Edited by Tar_Spit_Fire

I miss the old star chart, felt way more in tune with traversing the cosmic void viewing planets, moons & asteroids in synchronous orbits, not spread sheet power point tabs to say, mission here! EAT AT JOES! so impersonal & sterile, you see a moon around mars, pick the mission then think, I'm THERE, on that moon to rip some poor sod a 4th corn chute.

Way more personality, but the windows WITH that star chart, now that'd be alright, detailed information when highlighted, and a progression track was great, always knew where ya had to go next just by, connecting the dots, now its, choose the brighter window, booooring.

Otherwise, the metallization of certain weapons, Like Amprex, that casing on the majority of the weapon always reflects the environment and its light, and that alters its hue and can turn it from a mid range gamma purple, to pink, now with My joker ripoff Oberon that's ok, but zero suit samus clone doesn't like it.