Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem With Forma - Its Not Fun.

(XBOX)Dynamix606

Hi @ all

First of all, why we play games ? We play them because they are fun right ?

Using Forma , the item goes back to level 0, great.

And now you are here, grinding again the same low level content with your weapon - NO FUN at all.

Just why ?

I love warframe, i really do, i purchased prime access only to support DE, but why this stupid Forma system ?

I would say - keep the Game simple. Remove the Forma system, potatoes are ok, they just double the capacity.

Remember how they removed the warframe abilities from the mods ? yeah, everybody is happy with it, they made the game more simple.

It sucks running around on earth with your level 0 Soma Prime -.-

There is no logic playing a videogame without having fun, why must everything be so @(*()$ complicated.

Sorry for the bad english, it's my third language.

Have a nice day.

Edited by (XB1)Dynamix606

Not every one was happy with 2 slots gone. + if we delete forma system at all how will be gain polarities?

edit: there is 1 thing you didnt mentioned but you should have, when you rank up weapon you dont gain mastery. Its unfair and it should be change, you recive 25% mastery of weapon/warframe for each forma. This stacks so you recive 25% at first forma and 6,25% for secund and so on and so on.

Edited by Xardis

I agree with the fact that Forma can be a bit annoying, but the changing of polarities is essential for optimal builds. I've had a discussion with some clanmates and we suggested that there should be a cooldown between the use of Formas instead of de-leveling your gear back to 0.

here are some tips, unequip everything except the the weapon you just forma'd, including you sentinel/kubrow then go to the sechura darksector on Pluto for rifles and semini darksector on ceres for melees, get a squad together that includes a Vauban and speed nova go to wave thirty or so, and enjoy your re-maxed soma prime!, and also affinity booster help alot.

Edited by BoomToon43

here are some tips, unequip everything except the the weapon you just forma'd, including you sentinel/kubrow then go to the sechura darksector on Pluto for rifles and semini darksector on ceres for melees, get a squad together that includes a Vauban and speed nova go to wave thirty or so, and enjoy your re-maxed soma prime!, and also affinity booster help alot.

Sentinels gain there own Experience, unequipping them serves no purpose.

I'm not really sure if this opinion fits in with the current  topic.

But forma is a way to keep you playing the game, which can be a bother with current uh.. Addtions to the NPC list of enemies.

here are some tips, unequip everything except the the weapon you just forma'd,  also affinity booster help alot.

**sorry for snipping out part of what you posted there Boomtoon**

This is something of an issue as maxed out weapons/warframe/compainion should NOT be taking in XP after they are maxed. This makes

re-leveling/leveling a turn off to some.  The need to get into a group to max level or Re-max level should be an option not a mandatory thing.

Affinity Booster does help alot but once again, should remain as an option.

This is one of a few issues that a player has to take when deciding to Forma a weapon. It doesnt help that if and when a player makes

a mistake on polorizing to a slot they have to re-level that weapon again to corret it.

I agree with the fact that Forma can be a bit annoying, but the changing of polarities is essential for optimal builds. I've had a discussion with some clanmates and we suggested that there should be a cooldown between the use of Formas instead of de-leveling your gear back to 0.

This does sound like a good idea,  how long of a cool down was suggested in the discussion?

Thanks for the replies, but this is an important  topic, the devs should see this problem.

There must be a way to make the whole Forma System more fun, if we could use 4x Forma at once, it would be much better.

It resets to level 0 - no problem, i level it quickly up. But 4 times grinding over and over again ? it's just a waste of @(*()$ time, spending your freetime for grinding.

"I've had a discussion with some clanmates and we suggested that there should be a cooldown between the use of Formas instead of de-leveling your gear back to 0."

^This sounds awesome.

Edited by (XB1)Dynamix606

Using Forma is by no means mandatory.

I'm not sure it should be fun to level back up.  I mean that's the tradeoff.

Want more power by adding additional polarities?

Be dedicated to it, do what needs to be done.  Enjoy the rewards later.

If you don't want to do it then don't do it.

This is just a thought,

With all the XP soaking our frames and what not has been doing.

What if We could store all that XP and use it on a weapon that has been recently forma-ed?

Now, as an option. You could use that same amount stored into a new weapon as well.

Would cut down on the constant Burn out of Replaying things constantly.

once again, just a thought.

Using Forma is by no means mandatory.

I'm not sure it should be fun to level back up.  I mean that's the tradeoff.

Want more power by adding additional polarities?

Be dedicated to it, do what needs to be done.  Enjoy the rewards later.

If you don't want to do it then don't do it.

I would follow you on this, but some weapons dont come with poliarity. Other weapons have their pontintal hidden way under forma.

Keep in mind, that some players will get Burnt from having to Re-level weapons due to deciding on a use of forma.

But yes, is optonal. 

I used to think that was a good idea until I saw how the Mastary points work.

Optional... Just a reason to play or not play warframe...

Just like Free to play is a reason to spend money....

Forma is totally optional but it's only if you want to make whatever gear more efficient. As in majority of the gear needs it. So technically, if you like the dread to do max damage, then you'd need to forma it a couple of times.

The problem is not getting burnt out from forma'ing, but after the fact that the weapon is fully efficient and there's nothing left to do with it. Once it's maxed, your probably going to move on.

Thanks for the replies, but this is an important  topic, the devs should see this problem.

There must be a way to make the whole Forma System more fun, if we could use 4x Forma at once, it would be much better.

It resets to level 0 - no problem, i level it quickly up. But 4 times grinding over and over again ? it's just a waste of @(*()$ time, spending your freetime for grinding.

"I've had a discussion with some clanmates and we suggested that there should be a cooldown between the use of Formas instead of de-leveling your gear back to 0."

^This sounds awesome.

no need to do all them at once, i slowly have been adding forma to my supra since U9 i just added my 6th and last forma to it 2 days ago

^This sounds awesome.

Hello Dynamix606,

of course it is an "important" topic, at least from your point of view

but let me tell you something.

I reached yesterday Mastery Rank 18, you know what that means?

It means i did almost lvl everything there is. (Still got around 20 secondary weapons ahead of me and some archwing stuff)

It was not always fun since some weapons are just not as usefull as others and therefore not as much fun

as stronger weapons that just mow down enemies.

That's when it starts to become tedious to grind the mastery points and feels like a chore,

but that is fine because i was aware of what was ahead of me when i decided to go for lvling and grinding mastery points.

Which is a whole other problem, where the distribution of exp/affinity from killing enemies could need some tweaks.

Plus the dire need of buffing a lot of weapons to make them at least as much fun to use as "Soma Prime", "Boltor Prime", "Amprex", "Paris Prime"

and all these other OP/endgame weapons out there.

Anyway, you probably think now "Nice story bro but what has that to do with Forma?"

And the answer is simple.

To forma a weapon and re-lvling it is way more fun than grinding for mastery points,

because you can see just how much stronger your weapon becomes each time.

Personally it fills me with joy and gets me excited each time i forma a weapon i like.

To bring out the next higher potential of the weapon so i can mix it up which weapons i bring to a mission from time to time.

It's so to speak a reward for the time you invest in re-lvling a weapon after putting some forma into it.

And sadly all i can see in your "important" topic is that you are too lazy, you want the already easy way to be even more easy and short.

(easy - thanks to affinity booster from your prime access, cutting the time already by half)

Or you didn't think too much about it yet, of the possible fun involved in re-lvling forma'd weapons.