Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think About Mag: Op Or Up?

gkuoni

As the title explains: do you think Mag is Over Powered or Under Powered (or just right)

I'm doing this because I want to know what others think of Mag and her scaling with other enemies. Personally I find her overpowered against Corpus and Corrupted but terrible against infested and ok against Grineer

Edit: I don't mean it as she needs to be changed, I mean it rather as how you use Mag, what you focus on, etc.

Edit2: and as to common request I'll add a 'just right'

Edit3: Try to focus the discussion more to: 'What of her abilities could be changed so she wouldn't just be excellent against corpus and really good against the corrupted, instead also have viability against the other classes?'

Edited by gkuoni

When it comes to the Corpus, MAG is not really op in the sense that she breaks the game. She wrecks them, but that doesn't make her op. Same with her vs the corrupted. She's not a damage dealer there except for when the corrupted bring in their drones, but her pull works well. Infested and grineer she can't really deal damage with her shield polarize, so she focuses on pulling them and marking the heavier units with bullet attractor to kill them faster. I personally think she, as Llyssa said, is just right. She's in a good place ATM, no need to change her any further.

I meant it more in the sense of how you use her and such.

thats subjective isnt it? the right build and weapon setup can effectively turn anyone including mag into an absolute monster and vice-versa. she has her strengths and weaknesses so i dont see how she's OP in that matter. She slaughters corpus because her powers are more attuned to doing so.

honestly in my opinion Mag is one of those phew well internally balanced warframes

the only thing I can tell bad about her is that grineer have no shields to deplete and same with infested....

[though infested usually dies from pull]

and that crush in late game is kinda useless.

on mid level with nearly +100% power strenght it doesn't even clear grineer trash....

so If I was to tinker in her at all I'd point crush as stuff to tinker on.

but except that its good frame - situational but good

One trick pony, but a diamond one.

Shield Polarize works wonder against corpus, pull decent CC.

other two skills for are useless most of the time, the damage of ultimate is not that great.

This. Shield polarize is where it's at. Otherwise there is no real point in bringing her.

Like most other frames, she has a couple of skills that work really well vs certain enemies, and a couple that were designed by the interm's pet hamster.

Her base stats are pretty average, so she comes over as a mostly passible, not really good for much later on unless it's corpus.

It still comes down as to how you use her abilities. 

Example using her in a defense mission with a Vaughban, with Vaughbans vortex running use Mag and pull to yank most of the enemies at the vortex for quick kills. 

So as with any frame it is all in how you use her to begin with. that being said if you're looking to use her as a solo frame she has certain missions shes built for and others it is a pain, but same could be said for 90% of the other frames as well.

With the Syndicate mod she can survive against Corpus for a long time due to that you can keep buffing up that extra shield. Also because they don't have that many explosive weapons either. 

But going against any other race than Corpus is just not worth it. Maybe Void though.

Mag

extrelmely powerful vs corpus

Usless and underpowered vs other factions

she's not really useless against the other factions. Sure, she may not be a huge damage dealer, but she has enough utility from her other first 3 abilities to make her worthwhile (pull for CC, Shield Polarize to keep ally shields up, Bullet Attractor to single out heavier units.

She is a very strong, scaling nuker vs Corpus.

She is decent nuker vs Corrupted.

She is decent support vs Grineer.

She is weak support vs Infested.

The only good power of Mag is Shield Polariztion. Without shields she can only help with Pull and Bullet Attractor, which isn't best moves in the game.

OP as shield nuker, UP in everything else.

I guess on a skill-by-skill basis:

Pull- Not really sure if it needs damage at all, and it does have trolling potential due to how easy it is to spam, but overall I wouldn't call it broken OP. I do wish it pulled enemies towards you more neatly though, instead of throwing them wherever

Shield Polarize- Definitely the best ability in her arsenal. Can potentially wreck the Corpus and Corrupted (as well as restore some shields to boot), but it's nearly useless against the Grineer and Infested and isn't always guaranteed to wipe everything off the map, so I'd say it's fine

Bullet Attractor- Pretty underwhelming, not so much because it's a bad skill, it just suffers the curse of being a single-target skill in a game that focuses heavily on mobs of enemies. It doesn't help that newer bosses have specific weakpoints that render BA nearly worthless against them. It could use the ability to jump between targets, or a scaling explosion to get some reliable AoE out of it

Crush- Not quite as underwhelming as BA but it still does suffer the issue of all pure damage skills in that it falls off eventually. It's also not that impressive by comparison to other damage-oriented ultimates either. The upcoming augment mods may improve it, but to honest I wouldn't mind a complete mechanic overhaul since at it's core it's a lackluster "press 4 to kill" button. Although the visuals are pretty cool.

So in short, her 1 and 2 are fairly balanced, and her 3 and 4 are functional but do feel a bit outdated and could use some alternations to make them more fun and effective to use. She could use some changes/improvements here and there but I wouldn't say she's in desperate need of a buff or nerf.

Edited by Paradoxbomb