The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Multithreaded Rendering Killing Load Times?

Racercowboy

Ok, as a little background, I made this post here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/372510-de-please-think-of-the-laptops-with-all-the-new-effects-we-are-getting/

TL;DR Basically had friends with laptops who suffered the wrath of desktop supremacy and could not play the game.

Because of this, we sought to find a solution. Lo and behold, upon disabling multithreaded rendering, he loaded in with no issues, at the speed of light no less. So, my other two friends disabled it too, and same thing happened. They all have multicore cpus, so out of curiosity, I disabled mine. To my dismay... it loaded twice as fast.

Now, I have an FX-6300 in my machine. We also have an amd 10-6800, intel i3-2350(laptop), i7-4770, i7-3820, and an i5-3230(laptop). As you can see, there's a variety of CPUs and the problem happens on all of them.

Anyone else wanna try this and see if it happens to them too?

Not sure of the CPU of the third laptop, as he not on for me to ask atm.

Edited by Racercowboy

I have the same issue. It has made it impossible to host Voids because all my teammates get ingame before me and fail instantly because it is my key. This issue has been present off and on since the animated loading screens were introduced.

EDIT: This seems to be the issue. I guess I am going to run with it off for now too.

Relevant system specs:

i7-3770@3.4GHz

GTX760 4GB Version

16GB DDR3

Edited by egregiousRac

Interesting, so we're not the only ones.

Out of curiousity, do you have directx 10/11 enabled?

I have those enabled but I did notice an improvement in load times with multi-threaded rendering disabled. What impact do those DirectX versions have on the game?

Not sure, but I saw in another thread that disabling those improved their performance for whatever reason, I'll go dig around and find the thread so you can see it.

Personally I never saw much difference. I heard once that unchecking the other DirectC versions prevents some bugs or something, but then I don't see much difference between having them on or off besides having the fact that having them off prevents me from using PhysX (that' I don't use anyway) and also makes the mastery progression bar in the UI break.

I tested this in the name of science.

Even with a mid-to-high end PC and Warframe on a SSD the load times did decrease. But I also found momentary gameplay hitches that I hadn't seen before.

I'm re-enabling MTR to see if these go away again.

Even if the hitches turn out to be from having it diabled, it might be useful loading into Fomorian Threat missions mid play, and running my Void keys with someone else hosting.