Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where's This Game Going?

ChaotikDreamz

Ok! This is not a troll post so please try your best not to troll the topic or my opinion. Just stating my opinions after a good amount of play time.

So where to begin I personally and regretfully dont see this game really getting that far on replayability. Lets face it there's a few things really wrong in this area and alot have been stated in a few other threads.

1: Warframe and weapon slots - Buyable only with cash now yes i know by reading many post that alot are for this and alot are against it. Me i am for making them for credits at a high cost and buyable for the fast track. There needs to be a balance between F2P and the marketing aspect. The reasons I feel there needs to be slots buyable for credits is well face it there really is no point in spending any money on slots based on the games grind fest. <<<< will be covered in a bit.

2: Content - How far can you really go before your just reskining frames and weapons just to say oh ya look new content but in reality it's just a reskined skana. The frames and weapons artisticly are amazing so far don't get me wrong GREAT JOB. But face it sooner or later your going to run out of new moves and ideas and I feel frames and weapons will start over lapping into just reskined Excaliburs. <<<< Really hope this does happen though.

3: The grind fest - This will also go back to point number 1 - The games a grind fest and really no objective. Leveling a warframe and weapons really well takes no time at all. Next to mastery rank up you need to lvl warframes and weapons hence the point in number 1 THERE'S NO POINT TO EVER SPENDING MONEY ON SLOTS. why because you need to basically level everything in the game to rank up. So no point in keeping it. Keep 1-2 weapons you like lvl potato them and be done. <<<< no point in buying patatos at this point now. everything else level rank discard.

4: There's no point. - This basically means that beyond spending money on slots or what not there's really not point to keeping anything in this game or spending money at all. Considering mastery rank up is based on leveling everything. This in my IMO is a seriously big flaw. There is no benefit for finding that OMG i love this gun or warframe. As in the games layout doesn't promote long term gameplay on any item in the game besides the sentinels that actually has well sort of longivity. Game layout is truely level it to 30 discard repeat.

5: Gameplay - IMO this is the killer here. Co-Op well face it it's just POINTLESS all the game is in Co-Op is spawn and burn it for the finish line. No one cares if your left behind or doing the actual mission. Players only hightail it to the extrection and leave you with the 1 min timer to get there or guess what your &amp;#&#33; out to bad sorry. That is a killer. The only place this doesn't happen is defense missions as there is no fast way out survive to lvl 5 at least or else die. SOLO play is about the only way to play.

6: Not enough credit sinks- again this will point back to number 1 There just isn't enough areas to sink credits in thus starts this area of just burn-n-turn a mission or 2 in Co-Op build new weapon level it throw it away repeat and rinse. This really becomes a issue once you have your basic mods maxed and at least 1 maxed warframe. There's just nothing left to do really.

Over all though you guys did a bang up job grapic wise and the creativity of the frames and weapons. But gameplay and replayability are severly lacking IMO.

It's a beta, they're currently looking into both endgame and alternative content to create and launch. (ex. Clan "House")

Currently the endgame is grinding, however that will change in the course of the beta coming up to launch.

I agree that the co-op modes need some work, scaled mobs would be great, for example. Currently it's either a bore or lagfest to go through missions co-op, hence why I tend to solo them.

The game is still in beta, for some reason people keep forgetting this. If you have a hard time with coop stop pugging and look for an actual group to play with that has common interests.

Replayability is low. I should know with 300 hours logged and every frame maxed it gets boring.

Credit sinking works well on mods. Ever maxed Vitality, Redirection, serration, or hornet strike?

Weapons? I keep all the weapons I like and I toggle in between them when running missions.

This game is still in developement.  Have a little patience and pay a little attention to what the devs say(trying watching the livestreams).

Edited by Kiafis

I totally agree, but since the game's only in beta, we should give this some time. It may get better.

Edit: Gosh dang. I make this reply but was beaten to it while I was typing it lol

Edited by ChuckSoldier

Waframe/weapon slots:

If you add make them credit things, nobody would pay anymore. You kill a whole way of income for DE.

besides that, they might add slots for progression(mastery). One slot every 2 mastery ranks. I think thats enough. If you want more than extra 5 slots for free, pay....

Content:

Run out of ideas? xD

They would run out of ideas if they wouldnt search the forums for new stuff. The clan dojo and throwable dagger were made because of forum threads.

Therefore: They wont run out of content....

Grind fest:

The game is supposed to be a dungeon crawler. You try to make it lack of something it doesnt even have. Its a dungeon crawler, not an MMO or something like that.....

No point:

thats your personal opinion....

Gameplay:

What do you expect when playing online...

Playing with friends makes this whole gameplay thing different.

And to be true. In which game is it different than you stated it?
If you team up with people in an mmo for a mission, you just quiet after you made it. They dont care for you since they want to complete the mission and not try to be friends with you....

Why do you think its different here?

not enough credit:

U8 with dojos will most likely kill all your credits....

Edited by Venarge

Waframe/weapon slots:

If you add make them credit things, nobody would pay anymore. You kill a whole way of income for DE.

besides that, they might add slots for progression(mastery). One slot every 2 mastery ranks. I think thats enough. If you want more than extra 5 slots for free, pay....

Content:

Run out of ideas? xD

They would run out of ideas if they wouldnt search the forums for new stuff. The clan dojo and throwable dagger were made because of forum threads.

Therefore: They wont run out of content....

Grind fest:

The game is supposed to be a dungeon crawler. You try to make it lack of something it doesnt even have. Its a dungeon crawler, not an MMO or something like that.....

No point:

thats your personal opinion....

Gameplay:

What do you expect when playing online...

Playing with friends makes this whole gameplay thing different.

And to be true. In which game is it different than you stated it?

If you team up with people in an mmo for a mission, you just quiet after you made it. They dont care for you since they want to complete the mission and not try to be friends with you....

Why do you think its different here?

not enough credit:

U8 with dojos will most likely kill all your credits....

dat grandmaster post

I dunno, I am just having fun running around fighting mobs with flashy powers and cool weapons, its not that I am easily entertained, but the fact this game got its grind right and it doesn't feel like grind most of the time. You can trust me on that, I know grind...

Other than that I am just waiting patiently for new stuffs, a good strategy is always "we'll cross that bridge when we get there...".

Edited by Ageless_Emperion

The game is still in beta, for some reason people keep forgetting this. If you have a hard time with coop stop pugging and look for an actual group to play with that has common interests.

Replayability is low. I should know with 300 hours logged and every frame maxed it gets boring.

Credit sinking works well on mods. Ever maxed Vitality, Redirection, serration, or hornet strike?

Weapons? I keep all the weapons I like and I toggle in between them when running missions.

This game is still in developement.  Have a little patience and pay a little attention to what the devs say(trying watching the livestreams).

What? 300 hours = low replayability... good lord, then what are 30 hours games?

I know i probably should have waited till U8 was out to post this but these are my opinions and concerns as of now. Don't get me worng i played this in in the first stages of Beta and i must admit the dev's have done a bang up job fixing up warframe cuz if anyone knows how buggy and dreadful early betas were then now what it is now is  a HUGE change. Not saying the game sucks in no way just needs a lil more tweaking in the areas i stated that's all.

I know i probably should have waited till U8 was out to post this but these are my opinions and concerns as of now. Don't get me worng i played this in in the first stages of Beta and i must admit the dev's have done a bang up job fixing up warframe cuz if anyone knows how buggy and dreadful early betas were then now what it is now is  a HUGE change. Not saying the game sucks in no way just needs a lil more tweaking in the areas i stated that's all.

Agreed :D

Some things need to be changed ^^

But I think DE showed how awesome they are and that they bring the fanciest stuff around here

While the OP's concerns are very understandable, for someone coming from Defiance, this game is a breath of fresh air, in a retro, diablo 2, just 1 more boss/farming run before I sleep/go to work, kind of way.

Currently just finishing up my Boltor and I just need to farm a bit more alloy and rubido for my rhino helm, then I'll have my first alt warframe!

Edited by Vanroe

This game is hardly a Beta... it's like a not too buggy Alpha... and they are trying to move to a Beta stage... testing their servers testing the weapons testing the warframes and still all the meanwhile developing stuff for it...

Edited by BakaGamer

I agree with OP on almost all of his points to a varying degree and the reason I hang around the forums is I see an incredible amount of promise in Warframe but I feel it's on the brink of whether or not it's going to be successful or forgotten very soon.

Everyone keeps dropping the BETA excuse left and right and it's getting really old.  WE KNOW IT'S IN BETA THAT IS WHY WE ARE MAKING SUGGESTIONS.  Reviews for the game are going to be out long before this game goes "Live" (whatever that means since an open BETA where you can pay money is as live and real as it gets) and it doesn't seem viable at this point, or even after 8.0, in my opinion, that the game will have longevity.

A money sink in the form of a Dojo doesn't address the core concern many players have, which is repetitive and unchallenging gameplay (don't throw the high level defense argument at me please, games aren't about end content) throughout 95% of it unless you self-impose a handicap (don't potato your weapons or warframes and go do Pluto).

A viable option to do stealth through the entire mission would be pretty cool but it's still not going to be like Thief.

There are some of us that have no interest in a clan so 8.0 with a Dojo doesn't captivate my interest.  The argument of "Well that sucks for you, join a clan or gtfo" has been made as well as just play solo, which are both fine I suppose, but I'm one of the few I guess that actually likes playing with random people.  I also have sporadic play times and having dealt with the ridiculous drama Clan or Guilds bring into online communities in the past want absolutely zero part of it in the future.

It's a beta, they're currently looking into both endgame and alternative content to create and launch. (ex. Clan "House")

Currently the endgame is grinding, however that will change in the course of the beta coming up to launch.

I agree that the co-op modes need some work, scaled mobs would be great, for example. Currently it's either a bore or lagfest to go through missions co-op, hence why I tend to solo them.

Aside from the Beta comment, I agree.  As a PvE game the co-op function leaves room to be desired but I don't think addressing it with a Clan House or Dojo will solve the core issue i.e. peer 2 peer and the combat mechanics themselves.

People don't forget it's in Beta, but plenty seem to make that assumption.  Finding a group to play with isn't realistic in many cases either as schedules routinely conflict and I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't schedule my life around a play time in a video game.  I want to be able to log in, when I want, PUG with no problem, and then log off without having to be tethered down to a clan and contributing etc.

You can't max those particular mods you mention without the RNG Gods taking favor on you and granting you fusion cores, and given the currently abyssmal rate for uncommon or rare fusion cores, it won't happen any time soon for a lot of people.

The different weapons is pretty cool, but really the states are only slightly different and performance is more or less the same depending on how you mod them (save for a few crap shoots).

The is still in development, but currently, for me and many others it seems, it doesn't seem like it's going to solve issues any time soon, which is fine, because it's in beta etc.

Have you OP ever played shooters games? This is a shooters game you shoot and kill stuff rinse and repeat

Most shooter games have some kind of PvP element to them to implement a different kind of difficulty, since this game currently has none rinse and repeat will get old WAY faster without a significant boost in difficulty or adding more mechanics.

What? 300 hours = low replayability... good lord, then what are 30 hours games?

Considering MMO games, which this is classified as, has consumed well into 1000s of hours for some people (hitting /played on WoW for example was awe inspiring when it told me friend he had literally logged 2 years over time) that is very low replayability if you want to be an MMO.

Considering MMO games, which this is classified as, has consumed well into 1000s of hours for some people (hitting /played on WoW for example was awe inspiring when it told me friend he had literally logged 2 years over time) that is very low replayability if you want to be an MMO.

This game is NOT an mmo...Its a coop shooter. It doesnt have regular quests nor does it have any story at the moment. And playing a beta for 300 hours is far more worth than any mmo played for 1000´s of hours....

Edited by Venarge