The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Sgst] Player Kick Function

Scar.Heart

Preamble:

I am jotting this suggestion down as I sit here at the 2 hour mark in a Defense mission on the level Lith, (I believe it's in Neptune or Earth), with an AFK son of a $#*(@ who has not moved out to allow this Defense mission to start.

>You can meet the leech and myself right now, and possibly hours from now if you'd like, simply by following the location above.

^ EDIT: Got a MAG frame who pulled them in and we failed the mission just to spite the AFK'er.

Thank you to that Mag. :D

While this is my first encounter with a leech, I dread the day these people become abundant, and hope the more active part of the player community (forum-goers) will listen to this plea.

The Problem:

Simply put, we're all going to be dealing with a player who is AFK for a prolonged period of time at some point in our own runs with the public matchmaker.

It doesn't really matter if the person is a leecher or if they had an important matter to attend to, they've taken up a space and it's wasting a potential valuable player for your squad.

One could say that we should all simply stay in Private parties, but that requires having trustworthy allies on at the same time as you. And to gain allies, you'll have to risk going into public matches with potential leeches to find them, or convince a friend to acquire Warframe (difficulty of convincing varies. Possibility of said friend having PC meeting requirements also varies).

The Solution:

Vote Kick function.
Your average, run of the mill 3/4's vote to kick a person for whatever reason, be it afk, leeching, douchebaggery, whatever.

Yes, this is abusable. But unless you have a system that can be successfully implemented, and kick all malicious players while leaving the legitimate players unharmed, then there's no real reason you should say no to a simple, effective vote kick system.

Edited by MagnusFury

I belive a auto kicker would be enough, many games have this system, it also seems very simple to implement. Disconnecting the player from the match if the player shows no changes of motion or such. Auto kickers would usually be bypassed by putting a paper weight on a movement key or space bar, so it's important that it can detect these things also.

another solution could be to have a request to leave function, and two players are needed to initiate the request.  The selected player will have ~ 5 minutes to press a button to  cancel it, or else he/she will be kicked

this will get rid of afk players, while preventing trolls from randomly kicking normal players.