The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Day - Another Unexpected Warframe Feature

ImagineMyNickname

Okay, so I'm too slow even for Slowpoke, alright?

I was on the Nightmare Alert when Zanuka came after me. It put me down in a blink of an eye - no surpises there. When I died, the camera went to the sky. I thought it was a bug, but turns out - I got captured. This is the kind of thing, I did not expect to happen.

I was re-routed to Jupiter into Alad V's lab. Lotus contacted me and said "Run." So I ran. Puched MOA to death on the way out. 10/10 would do it again. Alad told me about the Grineer. How bad, how ignorant they are. I may have just statrted to sympathise that old madman. He was right, mostly. In the end, he lost it completely but this is just another story.

I escaped in my Liset shocked and excited. This never happened to me before.

rnptwON.jpg?1VuIq0lX.jpg?1

Have you ever experienced it? And what was your first reaction to this?

- KK

oh thats as old as the hills basically...but rare enough that you might think its new if youve never seen it before

i was on my mirage once,which was lvl 22 at the time,and zanuka came...was on corpus ship tileset,so i wedged zanuka into an inconvenient position inbetween a wall and a vent thingy with the aid of my kubrow,and beat zanuka to death with a candycane,literally

I doubt very many people have experienced this mission, due to the fact that the Harvester is both the rarest and weakest of all the Assassins, and most people would kill it for Detron parts over getting captured.

I personally have only ever fought it twice, first time he spawned in a wall and died via environmental fire (-_-) and the second time my team demolished it in under two seconds.

i've been playing since long before this was implemented into the game.

but since z-hunter is a little fluffy kitten, he's never been able to capture me and i haven't experienced this directly.

(although i've heard quite a bit about it from various friends / clanmates)

I doubt very many people have experienced this mission, due to the fact that the Harvester is both the rarest and weakest of all the Assassins, and most people would kill it for Detron parts over getting captured.

I personally have only ever fought it twice, first time he spawned in a wall and died via environmental fire (-_-) and the second time my team demolished it in under two seconds.

7 times i have fought Zanuka.  And 7 times i have gotten a Detron barrel.

so much hate.

I'm a Wiki resident so I knew about this feature right away. The only time I ever got captured however was when I let myself get mauled by Zanuka so I can try out the mission myself.

I demand DE give us the option of going weaponless and/or barehanded in actual missions, because it's badass.

I've done this mission a while back. I was solo-ing on a mid-tier corpus survival mission when it came for me. Unfortunately, I got caught by a freeze aura which meant I couldn't dodge out of the way ( plus I was using low ranking items at the time). Got caught. And whisked away.

The escape mission was actually pretty fun tbh, would do it again.

Edited by 321agemo

I allowed myself to be captured the second time the harvester came for me because I wanted to see what it was like.

Honestly... 10/10 do want to use bare hands a lot more.

Just get the Kogake or Obex. It's the same melee move set without a stance if I recall.

I was doing a solo mission when Zanuka came calling, and I thought, "What the Hek? Capture me." To be honest, that was the most fun I've ever had in Warframe. I wish there were more missions like that, where you start at a serious disadvantage, and have to think, sneak, and fight your way out of a bad situation.

Edited by MisterUltimate

But that involves the use of a weapon. It's not unarmed enough! I'm a MAN! And I have my manly needs!

It practically IS unarmed though. It's like using a pair of brass knuckles. Same difference really. Besides it doesn't make sense to have an unarmed weapon for normal gameplay, since you wouldn't be able to mod it.

It practically IS unarmed though. It's like using a pair of brass knuckles. Same difference really. Besides it doesn't make sense to have an unarmed weapon for normal gameplay, since you wouldn't be able to mod it.

Technically, the term "space ninjas" would support the idea of completely unarmed combat considering a traditional ninja's excellence in martial arts blah blah blah It's simply too badass to not have. 

Also, you can't mod your fists? I mod my fists every day. No problem.

It's very interesting especially because it's unexpected. You're totally not expecting an invading boss to do much other than put you down... then they come over and take you away.

Cue loading... cue "WTF is going on?"... cue epic escape.

It was added around the same time the Alad V / Zanuka boss was put into the game. A lot of people willingly let themselves be captured to see what would happen, some even wondering if you'd lose your Warframe if you failed to escape (thankfully, it wasn't the case else I bet it would have been an uproar).

But yeah, not many games... or rather, free to play games put that much emphasis on negative consequences scripted into an actual feature like that. Same could be said of the Grustrag 3 who have their own little trick to play if you're downed and they get to you...