Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ridiculously Low Res

Oberonight

It started just this last hotfix. The game looked amazing even on medium and low settings and now suddenly everything is unbearably blurry and pixelated. It doesn't matter how high the settings or my what FPS i'm at, everything is incredibly low res now. I set everything to max and even went into Nvidia control panel and set everything to max over there but this game literally looks like trash now. Yes I have it on 1920 x 1080 yet it is no different from 800 x 600 aside from aspect ratio. This is unbearable.

Edited by Oberonight

Screenshots don't work at all for this game. I took one normally but all that shows up in the actual picture is a gray screen with warframe on the top left

Use F6 to take a screenshot in game (it deposits images to your "My Pictures\Warframe" folder). If you don't hear the camera "K-chak" sound, try bringing up the chat window with T, once the cursor is blinking in the text entry field you should be able to take a screenshot with F6.

Alternatively, you can run the game in windowed or borderless fullscreen mode and use PrintScreen to make a copy of what you see on your monitor to paste into paint or some other image editing software (PrintScreen won't work when the game is in fullscreen). The windows snipping tool also works in windowed/borderless fullscreen mode as well, as does many programs like Gyazo.

Also, if you could submit a screencapture of your launcher settings too.

I don't really see the problem. The game looks like how it does at 1920x1080. 

The only blurriness I see is the JPEG artifacting from image compression.

Also the text is going to be harder to read the further you are from it. The only way to get it to be clearer/sharper is to get a higher resolution monitor and have the game run even higher than 1920x1080 or to use downsampling for anti-aliasing.

I don't really see the problem. The game looks like how it does at 1920x1080. 

The only blurriness I see is the JPEG artifacting from image compression.

Also the text is going to be harder to read the further you are from it. The only way to get it to be clearer/sharper is to get a higher resolution monitor and have the game run even higher than 1920x1080 or to use downsampling for anti-aliasing.

It was never like this before the latest hotfix; everything was smooth and crisp and now it's just a bunch of low res textures

I have a 17.3 inch 60HZ moniter and anti aliasing at 32xCSAA and filtering at 16x

The problem is definitely not on my end.

anti aliasing at 32xCSAA and filtering at 16x

Setting these outside of the game in the Nvidia control panel won't change the quality in game. The way the game runs, you need to use an injector like SweetFX or ENB to force specific anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering.

You could try verifying & optimizing the game cache to see if that makes a difference (maybe the higher resolution textures were somehow corrupted and aren't being streamed in properly), however your screenshots look exactly likehow my game looks, and I've been running with the highest settings since forever (albeit with shadows on max, local reflections and HDR on). Text in the chat and consoles included.

Finally figured it out. It's a bug with Directx11.

Directx11 apparently doesn't work well with Warframe's textures.

For now keeping Directx11 turned off fixes it.

Edit: Directx11 seems to have lower quality but can maintain a stable 60fps where as Directx9 is the opposite, no stability but higher quality.

Edited by Oberonight

Or you can turn off "Borderless full screen mode and use DX 11. I had an issue with DX 11 where things seemed fuzzy and not very crisp, I found that my game had somehow defaulted itself to borderless full screen and after switching back and running full screen from the launcher I haven't had a problem.

I might have also fixed it by redownloading DX 11 drivers as my steam overlay was being stupid and not wanting to work in full screen mode.

Two possibilities.

1 - Some AA is being applied that's affecting the text as well, this is generally from something third-party as Letter13 alluded to.  In-game AA shouldn't be doing this under normal circumstances because it renders the UI text after the AA, but injected/forced AA is outside of the game's normal rendering code and can't automatically do that.

2 - Borderless fullscreen might be rendering at a resolution higher than your monitor's for some reason and thus downscaling after.