The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change The Multishot Mechanic.

Innocent_Flower

<p>Multishot strikes me as a dumb mechanic as it is now. "fire two bullets at the same time for the cost of one" with only a slight reduction of accuracy and a notable cost  to balance it.  Your weapon is twice as effective in every way but that. </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Could we not make it more... sensible? </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Howabout, rather than adding a percentage chance for a free bullet, it divides bullets.  With each rank the bullet is devided further. Two halves at unranked. quaters at rank 2. six pellets at rank 4. seven at max. Or maybe the bullet devides at an even faster rate. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>The damage is divided amoung the bullets.</p>

<p>the status chance is divided </p>

<p>The crit chance and multiplier stays the same. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>For bows: </p>

<p>Adds of chance of firing an additional arrow at a second enemy near the target. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Shotgun</p>

<p>Hellfire: divided damage, but status chance and crit stays the same. </p>

<p>Vicious spread: extra pellets are used to increase the size of the cone of death</p>

<p>Slug mod. Group pellets together in more damaging </p>

<p> </p>

<p>For semi-auto weapons</p>

<p>Multishot converts gun into burstfire weapon, with multishot rank increasing the burst. </p>

Edited by Innocent_Flower

The only thing I don't like about Multishot is that my sword doesn't have any equivalent. 

I will give OP props for coming up with an idea that would actually change up gameplay, but it's such a nerf to the way the mod works that I don't really want it either. Sorry OP. 

How is this more sensible? All this does is increase the chance to miss your target with a number of bullets which effectively lowers your damage.

100 damage in 1 bullet. It's either hit or miss; damage or no damage; 50/50.

100 damage divided into, for simplicity, 10 bullets. It's 10 damage per bullet, with each bullet having a change to miss. Just watch your damage output tank as every weapon in the game turns into Broncos at 30m.

And there is a reason semis are not burst weapons: So you only fire 1 bullet at a time. I'm a big fan of semis since they have greater accuracy over range, but changing that to a burst weapon? No. Absolutely not.

Multishot is ridiculous; I no longer care about the damage. It is the ammo efficiency I worry about; numbers can be ballanced relatively well given enough time, there is no reason to use multishot in certain circumstances over others, which is what shotguns suffer from.

Multishot strikes me as a dumb mechanic as it is now. "fire two bullets at the same time for the cost of one" with only a slight reduction of accuracy and a notable cost  to balance it.  Your weapon is twice as effective in every way but that. 

Could we not make it more... sensible? 

Howabout, rather than adding a percentage chance for a free bullet, it divides bullets.  With each rank the bullet is devided further. Two halves at unranked. quaters at rank 2. six pellets at rank 4. seven at max. Or maybe the bullet devides at an even faster rate. 

The damage is divided amoung the bullets.

the status chance is divided 

The crit chance and multiplier stays the same. 

For bows: 

Adds of chance of firing an additional arrow at a second enemy near the target. 

Shotgun

Hellfire: divided damage, but status chance and crit stays the same. 

Vicious spread: extra pellets are used to increase the size of the cone of death

For semi-auto weapons

Multishot converts gun into burstfire weapon, with multishot rank increasing the burst. 

There's no good reason for this change. It doesn't do anything to improve gameplay, it doesn't even solve the issue you're changing multishot to solve in the first place since "split your bullets in two" is just as dumb. It just turns multishot into what amounts to damage 1.0 puncture: A theoretically interesting effect that nobody uses because the cost is too high for what you get.

No, just remove them entirely. They just serve number bloating and limit weapon customization.

Absolutely. The problem is there would be too much crying if MS got removed at this point. I wish DE would just do it anyway to see what effect it would have on the gameplay, you know, in the spirit of beta.

Absolutely. The problem is there would be too much crying if MS got removed at this point. I wish DE would just do it anyway to see what effect it would have on the gameplay, you know, in the spirit of beta.

Remove damage and multishot. Scale weapon damage with weapon level to replace the lost damage.  Anyone with a fully ranked serration etc can get a legendary core to replace it. If they still cry then, they're just throwing a tantrum.

Multishot is too unreal! Lets make it even more unreal!

This is what is sounds like. So the answer is no. Don't change how Multi shot works.

Remove damage and multishot. Scale weapon damage with weapon level to replace the lost damage.  Anyone with a fully ranked serration etc can get a legendary core to replace it. If they still cry then, they're just throwing a tantrum.

A maxed Serration is worth more than ONE Legendary Core. Also people have paid a lot of plat for this mod from others.

Destroying the card is not the way to go.

A maxed Serration is worth more than ONE Legendary Core. Also people have paid a lot of plat for this mod from others.

Destroying the card is not the way to go.

So you want to keep using a pointless mod that wastes a mod slot without adding anything worthwhile?

A legendary core can max out any R10 mod that you want, be it common, uncommon, rare or legendary, and that's not enough for you?

Some player spent plat? So what? Some players also bought guns with plat that are now weak as all hell or entirely replaced by a better weapon, so should they be entitled to get a refund? Don't think so.

So you want to keep using a pointless mod that wastes a mod slot without adding anything worthwhile?

A legendary core can max out any R10 mod that you want, be it common, uncommon, rare or legendary, and that's not enough for you?

Some player spent plat? So what? Some players also bought guns with plat that are now weak as all hell or entirely replaced by a better weapon, so should they be entitled to get a refund? Don't think so.

Remove it and people will just replace it with another damage mod. Nothing changes other than weapons getting more powerful.

Also was unaware that Legendary core could max any mod out but still, I don't think people would just accept it that easily.

Remove it and people will just replace it with another damage mod. Nothing changes other than weapons getting more powerful.

Also was unaware that Legendary core could max any mod out but still, I don't think people would just accept it that easily.

I know. DE added far too many mods that add damage without considering how players would respond to that. That's why all +elemental +status mods need to be changed as well to not add damage either.

I know. DE added far too many mods that add damage without considering how players would respond to that. That's why all +elemental +status mods need to be changed as well to not add damage either.

That wouldn't change anything. People would just mode their elements for greatest damage vs the faction they're fighting due to the innate damage boosts vs armor/health types. Just like they do now, actually. Builds aren't actually getting more diverse under that situation. That's the goal, right, promote build diversity?

That wouldn't change anything. People would just mode their elements for greatest damage vs the faction they're fighting due to the innate damage boosts vs armor/health types. Just like they do now, actually. Builds aren't actually getting more diverse under that situation. That's the goal, right, promote build diversity?

And what do you do with the mods slots that are left over?