Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are There Only 14 Small Maps After Three Years Of Development!?

(PSN)reynolds48

I love warframe but its only real flaw in my opinion is the absolute lack of maps. I wanted to explore WORLDS huge Worlds and different star systems and galaxy's. Honestly it cant be that hard to make new maps and worlds there are even programs where once the parameters have been established auto create vast maps and landscapes to the makers specifications I hope ur not all handcrafting these little lego maps, I thought this was a mmorpg I just honestly want this game to succeed because frankly its amazing. 

Each room is created by hand, yes.

There is no other way to do it and have it be the result we see when we get new tilesets.

I'm sure we'll continue to see additions. Archwing and the Liset all look to me like step one into the master plan of Sentient return and a system other than the origin system.

For all we know, they are crafting that stuff right now and it will be absolutely awesome.

It just seems to me that so much work has gone into almost every facet of the game except for the maps and if they are hand crafted frankly I don't think they are very good to begin with.

There are no 'maps' in Warframe. There are tilesets that are randomly pasted together each playthrough of a mission.

semantics

Woops. :P

Live and learn.

'Cause the computer generation worked so well for FF14, right?

I mean it's not like the game caught a lot of flak for that, right?

That said, this isn't an MMORPG, so I doubt we'll see that.

this isnt an open world game

the levels are all instance based.

Warframe is advertised as an MMORPG. False advertisement.

thats fine it doesn't even have to be space ninja world of Warcraft but seriously only 14 maps!?

THIS WAS OUT FOR ONLY 2-3 YEARS so of course the maps are gonna be huge but not that much and DE has many people but limited time to work

^^^^

Lack of knowledge how games are made, and how the industry works is very sad.

Things take time to be made, and things like games take, idk, years :|

this also on my post ^^^^^^^^^

Edited by VyralVanKill

how is it any harder than being an architect who designs houses and I know some incredibly stupid people who happen to be architects I mean its simple geometry and besides most computer programs do most of the work as far as proportions and symmetry, you realize people in the ancient world used to do all this by hand no calculators.

This is just, with all due respect elitist fanboy "don't change it we like it the way it is with MINOR adjustments because any criticism from a psn newb poster is invalid" do you guys seriously lack the vision to see what this game could become? It has the foundations of greatness it just needs to take the next step in some other ideas Ill share with you guys later.

Edited by (PS4)reynolds48

-snip- and if they are hand crafted frankly I don't think they are very good to begin with.

that's just rude, i think they look great, i personally hate all greneer tilesets, but that not because there lame, they look exactly what i think the greneer tilesets should look like, but i personally hate the greneer aesthetic, but i love the angular techy corpus and the smooth balanced look of tenno stuff and the ornate/holy look of the orokin.

but there are a lot of details and hard work that go into these, and its just rude to simply shrug it off because of your own personal opinion.

that's just rude, i think they look great, i personally hate all greneer tilesets, but that not because there lame, they look exactly what i think the greneer tilesets should look like, but i personally hate the greneer aesthetic, but i love the angular techy corpus and the smooth balanced look of tenno stuff and the ornate/holy look of the orokin.

but there are a lot of details and hard work that go into these, and its just rude to simply shrug it off because of your own personal opinion.

Am I not entitled to my opinion? I mean compare the "tiles/maps" to other games and you will realize they are kinda repetitive and unimaginative. But I suppose my biggest grief is that there are all these missions for just one map and the the game becomes routine and you become so bored because your just playing the same maps over and over.

Edited by (PS4)reynolds48

how is it any harder than being an architect who designs houses and I know some incredibly stupid people who happen to be architects I mean its simple geometry and besides most computer programs do most of the work as far as proportions and symmetry, you realize people in the ancient world used to do all this by hand no calculators.

This is just, with all due respect elitist fanboy "don't change it we like it the way it is with MINOR adjustments because any criticism from a psn newb poster is invalid" do you guys seriously lack the vision to see what this game could become? It has the foundations of greatness it just needs to take the next step in some other ideas Ill share with you guys later.

Architects are not the same thing as level generation.

However, the time it takes to make the finished product is similar. Months to years.

There is a conceptual phase, concept art phase, asset creation phase, level design concept phase, level creation and layout phase, polishing phases, and testing phases.

This takes time. With something around, I believe 10 or so level designers.

They are working continuously on new tilesets. Don't worry about that.

just because you like a game doesn't mean you cant hold it higher standards in the hope that it evolves and becomes profoundly amazing. Not all criticism is bad criticism.

We understand that you're providing constructive criticism, but the developers have priorities, and tilesets are not one of them, right now. They may be working on one or two tilesets, but they have a whole lot more priorities at hand. The game can evolve, regardless. It doesn't need a bunch of tilesets to be critically acclaimed. - One example would be Dota 2. One single map, and yet, it's one of the best MOBA games.

Warframe is advertised as an MMORPG. False advertisement.

where? mmo hut and other such game websites? that has nothing to do with what they themselves advertise as, it says no where on there site about it being an mmorpg and you can contact (insert gaming website name here) about it if they have it listed as such.

in there wiki, its classified as third person shooter. which is what every player would also call it.

People in the ancient world didn't have to write code to make sure their houses loaded properly...