Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are There Only 14 Small Maps After Three Years Of Development!?

(PSN)reynolds48

Aren't you guys bored of just playing the same 16 maps for three years now!? I'm a new player and I'm already over it which is a shame because everything else in the game wants to just suck me in.

Did you not see my earlier post?

There are no maps.

Also, DE is working on an underwater tileset to be released in the future. So there, more variety.

Aren't you guys bored of just playing the same 16 maps for three years now!? I'm a new player and I'm already over it which is a shame because everything else in the game wants to just suck me in.

Not really. The amount of maps/levels is not what makes a game great, although it helps, of course. I'm not saying it doesn't help at all, but the essence of the game is the gameplay. Its concept, basically.

Aren't you guys bored of just playing the same 14 maps for three years now!? I'm a new player and I'm already over it which is a shame because everything else in the game wants to just suck me in.

If you haven't realized, new maps have been released over those years, as well as expansions to those maps.

Aren't you guys bored of just playing the same 14 maps for three years now!? I'm a new player and I'm already over it which is a shame because everything else in the game wants to just suck me in.

I've been playing this game for a long time and personally while I like new maps it's not something I would put at the top of De's to-do list.

Am I not entitled to my opinion? I mean compare the "tiles/maps" to other games and you will realize they are kinda repetitive and unimaginative. But I suppose my biggest grief is that there are all these missions for just one map and the the game becomes routine and you become so bored because your just playing the same maps over and over.

i didnt say you weren't entitled, but you still shouldn't be rude and dismissive of the hard work that's gone into this game and its tilesets.

also i cant compare them to any other game, because i have never played a game with environments even close to warframes, so i have no maps to hold them against for comparison, what other games have maps that take place on mars? or gas city's on jupiter? or ships taken over by a virus?

i mean i can look at http://www.multiplayergames.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/TERA_PoraEline3-2.jpg from Tera, and its beuatiful, but you cant hold that in contrast to warframe

Open beta has been going only about two years and when I went and bought the Grand Master founders pack I'm pretty sure we only had one tile set. Maybe two. If the current number is 14 as you've said then we've been getting about one tile set every other month since then. I'm totally fine with that pace, especially since during this time they have continually gone back and touched up old ones and added new tiles to old sets.

Also quality > quantity. I'm always impressed by the art from Warframe's team in general but the level design feels especially thoughtful.

i didnt say you weren't entitled, but you still shouldn't be rude and dismissive of the hard work that's gone into this game and its tilesets.

also i cant compare them to any other game, because i have never played a game with environments even close to warframes, so i have no maps to hold them against for comparison, what other games have maps that take place on mars? or gas city's on jupiter? or ships taken over by a virus?

i mean i can look at http://www.multiplayergames.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/TERA_PoraEline3-2.jpg from Tera, and its beuatiful, but you cant hold that in contrast to warframe

Off the top of my head red faction, zone of enders, the borg from star trek

Again as people have been trying to explain this game is still in beta and as such all of these maps and the game modes to go with them have yet to be refined.

No they just had to make sure it didn't crumble on top of them and kill their families

sorry for the immature back and forths

My point was that you made a poor comparison, I speak from experience when I say it's a lot easier to build a house than it is to write code.

so it looks better than all of those and the last one is a tv series. still not seeing how the maps are bad, the lighting creativity and atmosphere is way better, i mean ZOE is like an early 2nd gen game at best.

and for red faction..most of it looks like the normal post apocalyptic world but everything is tinted red. reminds me of fallout, accept its red instead of green lol.... http://old.gamegrin.com/files/images/games/r/red-faction-guerrilla/red-faction-guerrilla-10.jpg

and warframe for comparison, looks like annother planet, and there is color balance... http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140504222101/warframe/images/a/a2/CBGrineerSettlement.png

Lol, First building a house is not the same as making these tile sets, the process in making these are entirely different, you cant compare them. And by engineering standards,  making a 14 buildings (not a house mind you) on that time span are already many.

So really?

not mentioning that the staff on Warframe are not that many compared with other games that has huge budget.

Edited by KuzkinaMat