Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are There Only 14 Small Maps After Three Years Of Development!?

(PSN)reynolds48

I would say the biggest issue the developers face would be blending tilesets together. It's one thing to place one tile next to another, but a whole different thing to make it look right. Things like the ship tilesets that are connected by doors are probably much easier to design. But take a look at the outdoor tilesets, like Earth and the Corpus ice planet, those would be alot of work to make them blend correctly.

I love warframe but its only real flaw in my opinion is the absolute lack of maps. I wanted to explore WORLDS huge Worlds and different star systems and galaxy's. Honestly it cant be that hard to make new maps and worlds there are even programs where once the parameters have been established auto create vast maps and landscapes to the makers specifications I hope ur not all handcrafting these little lego maps, I thought this was a mmorpg I just honestly want this game to succeed because frankly its amazing. 

no offense OP, but this is the problem

becuz DE has determined to give WF so many progression mechanics, the vast majority of the player now view it as an MMORPG (FWIW yes that is not the only reason, and yes action-rpg's have progression as well, but still, bear with me here)

instead of the Diablo-style action-rpg dungeon crawler that it actually was designed to be =/ (albeit WF is 3PS and has a different visual design, but it is the same game as say PoE or Torchlight, in essence)

becuz of this, the playerbase expects things that DE never intended, and there is huge mis-communications due to it, not to mention the game is possibly going in directions that might not have been in it's best interest due to DE trying to satisfy too many complaints (I really fear that DE does not have the will to push their cohesive vision, or if they even have one, unlike how I see GGG with PoE...)

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Warframe is advertised as an MMORPG. False advertisement.

Really?  Are you sure?  I know I've NEVER seen that advertisement...  Hold on, let me check Google

Warframe is a cooperative free-to-play online action game set in an evolving sci-fi world. Join your friends in player-vs-enemy raids across the solar system and ...  -Warframe.com

Warframe is a free-to-play cooperative third-person shooter video game, under development by Digital Extremes for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. -Wikipedia

Warframe is a cooperative free-to-play third person online action game set in an evolving sci-fi world. - Steam

So, you're claiming an official MMORPG advertisement?  Pics or it didn't happen.

Current tiles are quite huge and I didn't count them myself but I doubt that there are only 14 tiles if we count each faction.

Just because you think that something is easy doesn't mean it takes only a week or maybe two. Considering how detailed and thought out current tiles are I think DE is doing pretty good.

Go explore those tiles, don't speedrun and enjoy.

how is it any harder than being an architect who designs houses and I know some incredibly stupid people who happen to be architects I mean its simple geometry and besides most computer programs do most of the work as far as proportions and symmetry, you realize people in the ancient world used to do all this by hand no calculators.

This is just, with all due respect elitist fanboy "don't change it we like it the way it is with MINOR adjustments because any criticism from a psn newb poster is invalid" do you guys seriously lack the vision to see what this game could become? It has the foundations of greatness it just needs to take the next step in some other ideas Ill share with you guys later.

I don't think you realise how much attention to detail is put in each tileset why don't spend some time looking for some of the hidden rooms and realize that each and every tileset has it's own secrets. DE hasn't simply designed a bunch of rooms, there is carefull considerations put into each design. Each and every room is also accessible through wall running only so anyone using any loadout could reach it.

The only maps that truly never change are the defense(+interception which most were old defense maps) maps and they've all had a facelift. Void could do with some love...1 defense map for all this time. Seriously not even a step up make it harder for t4 map :s

Edited by narauk1

Definitely Warframe needs some new tilesets, I think we are all tired of boarding the same goddamn ship whether it is on Neptune, Mercury etc.

To me, Europa is proof from DE that they have the talent and the motivation to do cool stuff. Let's be patient, they are probably cracking their heads into designing upcoming tilesets.